nine9s

Royce Freeman 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Interesting tidbit.

Yeah and that was opposite of what should have happened considering they were down a ton. The guessing game is just very irritating. [...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah and that was opposite of what should have happened considering they were down a ton. The guessing game is just very irritating. [...] 

Actually it sounds like it makes perfect sense since Royce seems to be the passing down back over Lindsay.

• Like 2

He predictably had a good game against KC who struggles against power rushers. I don’t think he has taken control of the backfield though. We’ll continue to see a near even split unless one gets hurt. 

13 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

He predictably had a good game against KC who struggles against power rushers. I don’t think he has taken control of the backfield though. We’ll continue to see a near even split unless one gets hurt. 

I don't know if I'd call that a good game.  He averaged 3.5 yards rushing and caught a few balls in garbage time.  It turned out to be a productive fantasy night because of the touchdown, but that really had nothing to do with the opponent.  

Flacco was absolutely horrible last night. It looked like he was just throwing the ball away on most of his throws late in the game. It's hard for any running back to do anything when you're 3 and out for almost the entire 2nd half.  I was happy for what Freeman gave me, but there was definitely an element of luck to it.

• Like 3

Good fantasy game, 16 points in PPR. 

16 minutes ago, GChicago said:

I don't know if I'd call that a good game.  He averaged 3.5 yards rushing and caught a few balls in garbage time.  It turned out to be a productive fantasy night because of the touchdown, but that really had nothing to do with the opponent.  

Flacco was absolutely horrible last night. It looked like he was just throwing the ball away on most of his throws late in the game. It's hard for any running back to do anything when you're 3 and out for almost the entire 2nd half.  I was happy for what Freeman gave me, but there was definitely an element of luck to it.

extremely lucky.   the whole offense was horrid and Freeman was very fortunate to get enough 3 yard plods and a GL plunge.   

Nothing to see here.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

extremely lucky.   the whole offense was horrid and Freeman was very fortunate to get enough 3 yard plods and a GL plunge.   

Nothing to see here.   

I have Lindsay getting tripped up replaying in my head. Oh what could have been.🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Royce looked better than Lindsay last night. Given my RB troubles, he may be a decent RB2/Flex moving forward, especially in PPR since he is getting 3-4 catches a night. 

35 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Royce looked better than Lindsay last night. Given my RB troubles, he may be a decent RB2/Flex moving forward, especially in PPR since he is getting 3-4 catches a night. 

you’re gonna get something from Royce almost weekly- so there’s value in that.   He just hasn’t had the explosive games that Lindsay has.  

As a chiefs fan who has watched almost every snap this year, Freeman looked subpar compared to what other RBs have looked this year. That being said 2 other notes - Flacco looked horrible, and the defense looked determined to make a statement in this game.  

Better days ahead for Freeman, he got his first TD last night

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

you’re gonna get something from Royce almost weekly- so there’s value in that.   He just hasn’t had the explosive games that Lindsay has.  

Right, and he got his first TD last night, so I hope that is the beginning of a trend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GChicago said:

Yes, there was some luck to it, but he looked pretty good out there last night. There weren't many holes or lanes to be had, and he was fighting for extra yards while finishing off his runs. That offensive line was, well, simply offensive.

He looked smooth catching the ball out of the backfield, and obviously has the trust of the coaching staff on passing downs.

Arrow pointing up. You can't ask for much more from a bench player/flex spot.

He's also had times where's he's been unlucky in the TD department. Can't remember which game it was but he scored on a holding penalty and then got pulled for Lindsay who scored. I'm not saying he's going to take over as the GL back but I also don't think Lindsay has that role as locked down as the early numbers would have us believe. I think he'll have better TD luck as the season continues. I'm pretty happy with Freeman so far. Dependable 12-18 touches with many of those being catches is nothing to sneeze at as a PPR flex. He's been perfect in my guillotine leagues where you really just want to avoid duds and get consistent points from your flex positions in the early part of the year.

Edited by SilentSentinel
  • Like 1

What do we think of him without Flacco? I know this offense was struggling to move the ball even with him but without does that cut into Royce's TD upside? Or maybe a few more chances? 

2 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

What do we think of him without Flacco? I know this offense was struggling to move the ball even with him but without does that cut into Royce's TD upside? Or maybe a few more chances? 

Since all of the experts are downgrading Sutton, that should uptick Lindsay and Freeman.

I'm hoping for more touches for Freeman with Flacco out and a rookie QB who hasn't played a snap in the NFL. Dump offs, carries and hopefully a TD plunge.

12-50, 4-50, and a TD would be great.

• Like 1

Lindsay was limited in practice (wrist) and he did have surgery on a wrist in offseason...prob nothing more than maintenance but something to keep an eye on. Freeman with a feature workload would immediately vault into the back end of the RB1 area.

• Like 2

Flacco on IR. Think this is good for Freeman? They'll probably want to run more and maybe throw more out of the backfield. 

53 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Flacco on IR. Think this is good for Freeman? They'll probably want to run more and maybe throw more out of the backfield. 

I think its a wash. More run plays and shorts passes to RBs when the offense is on the field, but on a worse offense that will be on the field near the endzone even less than under Flacco. 

55 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

People keep saying this about Lindsay and Freeman. Flacco is the check down king, so it's not going to get better in that regard. Overall, the QB change should be viewed as a slight downgrade to the entire offense, but Flacco was already awful, so not a huge deal. 

• Like 3