Fuzzy_Slippers

6/30 - GAME DAY THREAD

14 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Did that White Sox game end already? 

I’m reading it’s restarting at 5:25 cdt

8 minutes ago, ghostdragon said:

I’m reading it’s restarting at 5:25 cdt

Damn... I was hoping for the abbreviated CG for Gio. He was pitching fantastic before the delay... leave it to the ChiSox pen to cough up a 2 run lead.

Dodgers Offense having their way with Rockies Pitching today.

Definitely happy Giolito had a bounce back - just sucks to see it end early as he was cruising.

• Like 1

"Thor" (only because it's easier than typing his name) looks unimpressive tonight. One inning I realize but this is going to be a struggle.

The Braves with a rare double steal. You have to like that. 

Damnit Callaway anybody but Flexen cmon.  I'm gonna lose 4 categories now you moron

Any know what the deal with Gary Sanchez is ? 

Yahoo has him listed as day to day. 

3 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Paul dejong an all star. Fernando Tatis one of the best players in the game is not and neither is manny machado. What a joke

What kind of homerific nonsense is this? Neither Machado nor Tatis deserve being an all star.  Tatis has been great when hes been on the field, but he only has 200 PA. Most all stars have mid 300's.

Machado was garbage the first month, just solid but no all star in May, and finally picked it up in June. There are 12 third baseman currently with a higher wRC+ and 10 third baseman with higher WAR. What exactly is your argument for Manny being an all star? His his extraordinary work ethic, enchanting attitude, and charming personality? 

Plus these guys are both Padres. Nobody cares about San Diego baseball. They are not getting an undeserving all star nod, and certainly not TWO undeserving all stars.

13 minutes ago, cs3 said:

What kind of homerific nonsense is this? Neither Machado nor Tatis deserve being an all star.  Tatis has been great when hes been on the field, but he only has 200 PA. Most all stars have mid 300's.

Machado was garbage the first month, just solid but no all star in May, and finally picked it up in June. There are 12 third baseman currently with a higher wRC+ and 10 third baseman with higher WAR. What exactly is your argument for Manny being an all star? His his extraordinary work ethic, enchanting attitude, and charming personality? 

Plus these guys are both Padres. Nobody cares about San Diego baseball. They are not getting an undeserving all star nod, and certainly not TWO undeserving all stars.

Please you might have an argument for machado. But he’s also played gold glove def at 3b and ss

as far as Tatis kid is one of the most exciting players I’ve ever seen and it’s not even close. And his numbers? Better than just about all ss in the game despite playing only 47 games to everyone’s 80. Not to mention elite defense and the best base runner in the game

paul dejong and his 260 avg 800 ops with 13 homers is obviously much better 

Edited by Golden Spikes
  • Like 1

Paul dejong is an undeserving all star so GoldenSpike's hometown heroes should  both also be named undeserving all stars. Solid argument there!

3 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Please you might have an argument for machado. But he’s also played gold glove def at 3b and ss

as far as Tatis kid is one of the most exciting players I’ve ever seen and it’s not even close. And his numbers? Better than just about all ss in the game despite playing only 47 games to everyone’s 80. Not to mention elite defense and the best base runner in the game

paul dejong and his 260 avg 800 ops with 13 homers is obviously much better 

DeJong is the only Cardinal on the team Every team has to get one player on. Padres have Yates has there one player. a lot of teams only have 1 

16 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

"Gold glove" defense lol! At 3b and SS!

Well let's take a look at some facts here. We can start with 3B. Huh... Not even in the top 5? How many gold gloves are awarded for each position again???spacer.png

Ok let's try SS. Certainly he's been better there and more deserving of both an all star nod and a gold glove... Weird. I dont even Machado's name on this li-  OH WAIT THERE HE IS! way down at #29! And a negative UZR. That's not even a bronze glove.spacer.png  

But hey the good news is that if he keeps hitting like he has been in June he actually does have a shot at a Gold Glove!

26 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Paul dejong is an undeserving all star so GoldenSpike's hometown heroes should  both also be named undeserving all stars. Solid argument there!

SO who else on the cards do you put on? EVERY TEAM HAS TO HAVE at least 1 PLAYER The Padres got yates Goldenspikes wants more padres I put on  Framil Reyes or Hunter Renfroe before I put on Tatis or Machado

Every year it’s the same —  you like one guy I like the other ... blah blah 

Every year there are snubs ... 

It’s been in the rules forever each team has at least one all star ...get used to IT. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

SO who else on the cards do you put on? EVERY TEAM HAS TO HAVE at least 1 PLAYER The Padres got yates Goldenspikes wants more padres I put on  Framil Reyes or Hunter Renfroe before I put on Tatis or Machado

I think you misunderstood the context of my post. I wasn't implying anything about who the Cards all star should or shouldn't be. 

Edited by cs3

I just want fun players in the ASG. Don't care if they're the most deserving. Tatis would have been fun. Moncada would have been fun. Oh well. These guys will be 5-10x all-stars by the time their careers are over so who cares, really.