Trench Mob

Jimmy Butler 2019-2020 Outlook

Jesus hope he knocks the rust off that FT shot, killing me here. 3 steals though and a decent line so can't complain too much I guess. Hopefully the warmup is over

Just glad he's back.  Bricking 5 FT's and coughing up 3 TO's is an obvious sign of rust.  The Heat as a team were pretty bad at shorting up their passing lanes and coming out to help when Atlanta pressured them out on the perimeter.  They'll get it cleaned up.  

Hope he sleeps well enough! Missed 5 ft but I’ll let that slide! He looks good out there for his first game back! 

Relax guys. Ive owned Butler for the last 3 years straight this is his game. I dont own him this year but yes if you were expecting a superstar you arent getting that, what you are getting is an alpha male. That means when Jimmy sees his teammates do well he will defer to them as long as they are hot. Once they miss a shot or two he says enough its my turn and he does hos thing. Hes going to be a top 15 player guaranteed. There will be gamea where he explodes because nunn and herro and bam might have an off night but games where they are playing well he will get 15 to 25 points on great percentages. 

For context Damian Lillard is a superstar. He sucked shooting the ball last 2 games had like 10 points heading into the 4th then the superstar in him says its dame time i dont care. He gets hot and he shoots into 25-30 points but fg % suffers. Butler is the type if he heada into the 4th with like 10 points on bad shooting he will shoot like 5 times to see if it falls if not he says teammates im setting you up for you to score. 

15 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

should've taken Kyrie smh

This is what Butler does. 

He surveys and scopes out the landscape of any new team/teammates for about 5-10 games. Passes up a lot of shots. Will only go into selfish mode when he deems it necessary. With that said, once he does, it's absolutely bonkers. 10-15 FTs nightly. 2-5 steals, with a boat load of other goodies. Kyrie on a per game basis is probably going to be better, but it's more so due to Kyrie just playing in a much more fantasy friendly system, and a better fantasy asset. 

At the end of the day, you'll still be receiving a top 12 guy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Soafanforlife said:

He surveys and scopes out the landscape of any new team/teammates for about 5-10 games. Passes up a lot of shots. Will only go into selfish mode when he deems it necessary. With that said, once he does, it's absolutely bonkers. 10-15 FTs nightly. 2-5 steals, with a boat load of other goodies. Kyrie on a per game basis is probably going to be better, but it's more so due to Kyrie just playing in a much more fantasy friendly system, and a better fantasy asset. 

lol Thanks for the obvious, my point is still I should've taken Kyrie

7 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

Agreed. He's definitely trying to integrate himself into the system without forcing it. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

lol Thanks for the obvious, my point is still I should've taken Kyrie

I think what people are suggesting to you is that your team is going to be fine (health permitting) with Jimmy instead of Kyrie. The idea is you're not losing 3+ rounds worth of value, and that you're going to end up with a low to mid end first rounder in the same range as Kyrie.

It's a lot like those who are currently upset they took AD over Towns in their drafts. From what we've seen so far, it's definitely looking like Towns is going to be the man over AD, but owning AD instead of Towns is not going to cost your team. 

7 minutes ago, IT2 said:

6 steals.. come to Daddy

and 3 blks

4 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

I think what people are suggesting to you is that your team is going to be fine (health permitting) with Jimmy instead of Kyrie. The idea is you're not losing 3+ rounds worth of value, and that you're going to end up with a low to mid end first rounder in the same range as Kyrie.

It's a lot like those who are currently upset they took AD over Towns in their drafts. From what we've seen so far, it's definitely looking like Towns is going to be the man over AD, but owning AD instead of Towns is not going to cost your team. 

Are the majority of people really thinking Towns finishes over AD this year?

14 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

so damn passive

13 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

should've taken Kyrie smh

Image result for chill bruh.gif

Man i love me some early game posts lol idk bout yall but after seeing that line all i can do is.........

Image result for chill bruh.gif

Stocks for dayssssss 😍