Trench Mob

Jimmy Butler 2019-2020 Outlook

To be fair if he didnt play the first half and only played the second half he would have only had 4 points for the entire game. Thats bad folks.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

Watching him play these games more closely I don't think he's Jimmy Buckets anymore. Looking like he became a great system player for this team pretty much the PG get everybody involved and defend. Great +/- and good for their team but not that great for fantasy. He has a small Colin Sexton on him the entire first half and he's passing up the ball not taking advantage of the size diff, still early but I've noticed a huge lack of aggression on the offensive end he's not taking anything unless its a wide open layup. Some people may be happy with him but I thought he'd be better this year so far if you're comparing him to some of the other elite players. 

3 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

Watching him play these games more closely I don't think he's Jimmy Buckets anymore. Looking like he became a great system player for this team pretty much the PG get everybody involved and defend. Great +/- and good for their team but not that great for fantasy. He has a small Colin Sexton on him the entire first half and he's passing up the ball not taking advantage of the size diff, still early but I've noticed a huge lack of aggression on the offensive end he's not taking anything unless its a wide open layup. Some people may be happy with him but I thought he'd be better this year so far if you're comparing him to some of the other elite players. 

They're up by over 20 against the lowly Cavs, he's been fine. Hes actually playing better than last season, coupled with more assists, less TOs, and more steals, I'll take it in 9 cat.

4 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

He's a first round player right now and is coming off 3 straight 20 plus point games. He'll be fine.

24 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

when-my-dad-went-into-my-room-telling-me

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Good guy Jimmy. Knows his shot is off, but is doing everything in his power to add to his fantasy line even in a blowout lmao

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
  • Like 2

Jimmy Butler (illness) did not go through shootaround and is not expected to play on Wednesday against the Rockets.

9 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Jimmy Butler (illness) did not go through shootaround and is not expected to play on Wednesday against the Rockets.

Translation: hungover as hell

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Went to the strip club with Harden then Harden left him there

Buckets is the human embodiment of work hard, play harder

He is just crushing right now. Doing almost everything right out there on the basketball court and it's certainly showing up in the Heat's success. As gteat as Luka has been and he has been undeniably amazing Jimmy is right on his tail in per game value. He's been that good this season.

5 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He is just crushing right now. Doing almost everything right out there on the basketball court and it's certainly showing up in the Heat's success. As gteat as Luka has been and he has been undeniably amazing Jimmy is right on his tail in per game value. He's been that good this season.

that's not really accurate. if you compare Lukas line and butler id say almost everyone would value Lukas line>>butler

butlers line is inflated with his crazy high steal and lowish t/o. luka kills him with 10 more pts, 2 more threes, 2.5 dimes, 4 reb, 4% fg not really close imo. sometimes rakings don't tell the whole story. 1 steal 0.7 blks, 2 t.o modest ft% increase for butler. I don't see the difference in stats as similar difference for value.

23 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

that's not really accurate. if you compare Lukas line and butler id say almost everyone would value Lukas line>>butler

butlers line is inflated with his crazy high steal and lowish t/o. luka kills him with 10 more pts, 2 more threes, 2.5 dimes, 4 reb, 4% fg not really close imo. sometimes rakings don't tell the whole story. 1 steal 0.7 blks, 2 t.o modest ft% increase for butler. I don't see the difference in stats as similar difference for value.

Steals and turnovers are 2 out of 9 cats. I don't get your argument? My team's consistently won assists and turnovers, a large part of it was due to Jimmy's high ast:to ratio. 

2 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Steals and turnovers are 2 out of 9 cats. I don't get your argument? My team's consistently won assists and turnovers, a large part of it was due to Jimmy's high ast:to ratio. 

10 more pts, 2 more threes, 2.5 dimes, 4 reb, 4% fg is not = 1 steal 0.7 blks, 2 t.o modest ft% increase for butler. 

3 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

10 more pts, 2 more threes, 2.5 dimes, 4 reb, 4% fg is not = 1 steal 0.7 blks, 2 t.o modest ft% increase for butler. 

Bruh, you good? Modest FT? Jimmy is consistently a top 5 FT% anchor. Luka is only a marginal contributor. 

1 minute ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Bruh, you good? Modest FT? Jimmy is consistently a top 5 FT% anchor. Luka is only a marginal contributor. 

if you want to jump in atleast follow along with whats being said. I was comparing lines as of right now. not projecting.

3 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

Whatever the differences in stats are, it amounts to a +0.66 score for Luka and a +0.59 score for Jimmy by BasketballMonster's 9-cat algorithm. So it is true that Jimmy is not trailing far behind Luka in per game value.

• Like 1