BaseballJunkie

Jasson Dominguez, CF, NYY

We might as well start the hype train now.

"But," one general manger who has seen him said, "he's like [Mike] Trout. And Trout wasn't close to this good when he was 16."

"But," an international scouting director who tried and failed to sign Dominguez said, "it's like Mickey Mantle. He's not 6-foot. He's a switch-hitter. He's got crazy power. He's fast as s---. He loves playing."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27078114/the-legend-martian-yankees-5-million-16-year-old-international-coup

• Like 2

If he perform well in the low minors he'll probably get the hype of Wander Franco, especially since he's a Yankee. He has the tools and talent to substantiate this as well.

Keith Law doesn’t think he’s in the Wander/Vlad Jr. class but you have other scouts who absolutely do and love him. It’s funny how opinions differ.

All I know is he has a lot to do to prove he is in that class. Wander has a 34/20 BB/K ratio between single A and High-A and Vlad, Jr. batter nearly .400 last season. We will see if the hype is real.

I wonder how long it will take him to enter the fantasy platforms' player universes. I'm sure Yahoo will be the last to add him. 

10 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I wonder how long it will take him to enter the fantasy platforms' player universes. I'm sure Yahoo will be the last to add him. 

Haven't used Yahoo in a while but I'm guessing Wander was added this preseason. I feel like that makes sense since 2017 he didn't play at all and in 2018 he was in stateside rookie ball. To my knowledge no major international project ever starts in full season ball, so I think adding Dominguez the year he is expected to start full season makes sense (2021 if he's on Wander's trajectory). It's not like he's a big sleeper or anything and if a team has a high pick in a keeper draft they should be able to take him rather than him spontaneously appear on waivers midseason, which is something Yahoo has done often before. 

37 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Yahoo did have Marco Luciano, 2018 IFA signee, in its 2019 player system. 

Will he be someone to target high in first year player drafts for dynasty this spring? I’m not seeing him on CBS yet. So I’m wondering if he’s even going to be an option. 

5 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Will he be someone to target high in first year player drafts for dynasty this spring? I’m not seeing him on CBS yet. So I’m wondering if he’s even going to be an option. 

Yes, I suspect he will go very high in most drafts.

6 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Yes, I suspect he will go very high in most drafts.

He should not fall behind pick 5, personally.... personally.....personally I'd have him at 1.  Assuming its a serious dynasty league that you think is around for the long haul.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

He should not fall behind pick 5, personally.... personally.....personally I'd have him at 1.  Assuming its a serious dynasty league that you think is around for the long haul.

I’m close. Only person I take over the Martian is Vaughn 

I Took over a last place team in a 20 team dynasty and considering taking him over Vaughn.  Probably going to chicken out and take Vaughn tho lol

17 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

In the exact same boat as you here man. I type his name in the search bar daily hoping he’s somehow added before my first year player draft in spring of 2020. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I Took over a last place team in a 20 team dynasty and considering taking him over Vaughn.  Probably going to chicken out and take Vaughn tho lol

Jump with me man lol, I’m in a 16 team fantrax dynasty League with a full rebuild squad and am 100% swinging for the fences and taking The Martian 1.1 

On 11/7/2019 at 7:19 PM, Fbaseballgod said:

Unless you plan on being in that league for at least 5 years, that is not a wise move

13 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

Unless you plan on being in that league for at least 5 years, that is not a wise move

Not necessarily. Even if there is some fear that you wont be around to reap some great hypothetical Jasson Dominguez major league years, if his stock goes similarly to Wander Franco's, then he's one of the biggest trade assets in your dynasty league 1 year from now, if not sooner since Dominguez seems to have way more hype at this point in his career than Wander did. 

Unlike some people, I'm not going to claim I do a new Dynasty startup draft every week, but from what I've read Wander Franco is going in the top 20 in some already. Needless to say, there's a decent chance within a year you might be able to get star level major league player for him.

I'm not going to criticize anyone who takes Vaughh, Adley, or even Witt or someone else over Jasson. Just saying, I wouldn't

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2

Yankees Top 10 Prospects released today by Baseball America.  Their #1 number prospect hasn’t taken one minor league at bat, all 5 tools are rated “60” or better (70 power), and exit velocity reaches 108 mph.  His nickname is the Martian.  The hype has barely begun... this is going to be fun to track.

Jeez. Got the #2 pick on my dynasty league’s first year player draft and would love to take him after Vaughn goes off the board. CBS still doesn’t have him available but it’s early and the FYDP’s aren’t usually until late February / early March. Do people expect the platforms to have him available this year?

On 11/15/2019 at 4:25 PM, TheForearmShiver said:

Jeez. Got the #2 pick on my dynasty league’s first year player draft and would love to take him after Vaughn goes off the board. CBS still doesn’t have him available but it’s early and the FYDP’s aren’t usually until late February / early March. Do people expect the platforms to have him available this year?

I think Fantrax had him in their system when he turned 11.

• Like 1

next Mike Trout??? maybe Mantle...hes a switch hitter :)

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1

Here is the response I received regarding Dominguez potential availability and their criteria. Does anyone think he will qualify for becoming available this offseason?

Thank you for contacting the CBSSports.com Support Team.

Listed below are the scenarios in which players will be eligible for the player pool on the CBSSports.com Fantasy Baseball games.

A player will qualify if he is:
•    On the 40-man roster from the previous season
•    On the 25-man roster during the current season
•    A Spring Training invitee for this season
•    A first-round draft pick signed to a professional contract

A player will generally not be available if he is:
•    A foreign-born player who has not yet obtained the proper documentation
•    Drafted amateur player (unsigned by pro teams)

There will be exceptions to high round draft picks, but typically, these profiles are created and added after their respective contract signings are officially recognized by the MLB Front Office.

International Players will need to be cleared based on work visas, passing a physical, and signing contracts that are officially recognized by the MLB Front Office.

Please note that CBS Sports will also add prospects to the player pool who may not meet the above requirements based on the recommendations of our team of baseball experts.

We appreciate your continued support in making CBSSports.com your number one choice for Fantasy Sports.