Fuzzy_Slippers

7/2 - GAME DAY THREAD

Go Gallen!

Hopefully even better results for him in Gallen vs. Corbin Part II.  At the very least, please don't screw up his line again, Marlins' bullpen...

• Like 1

I am in desperate need to see James Paxton pitch very well today.  Its make or break time for him, if he gets slaughtered again  I am done with him.

58 minutes ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

I am in desperate need to see James Paxton pitch very well today.  Its make or break time for him, if he gets slaughtered again  I am done with him.

im hoping for the opposite so i can buy low come tomorrow. :)

Happy Jose Urquidy day!

Hello? Anyone?

giphy.gif

Well, I’m excited.

Edited by meh2
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Happy Jose Urquidy day!

Hello? Anyone?

There would probably be more excitement if he were available on Yahoo or EPSN.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, smeeze said:

And if he wasn’t @Colorado 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I’m curious if anyone knows why this is such a process for these platforms to add a player to their database? It’s not my field by any stretch but it seems like they should’ve built a program that makes adding a player a simple process that takes a few minutes. Any IT experts  out there that can shed some light?

Im throwing Wheeler out there against the Yankees today, things could get ugly.

11 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

As a Yankee fan with 0 shares of Wheeler I have to say I think the Yankees are a sucker bet today. Good chance Wheeler pitches well and comes out with a Win. We'll see...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

He is in at least ESPN

20 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Let's go Wheeler and Marquez. Yolo.

I have a weird feeling today is going to be a big “because baseball” type of day. I have this gut feeling wheeler does well, Marquez and Uriquay both get caught in a football type final score, and vegas tells me Gallen is going to have a bad 5 ER or worse type of day. YOLO until your ratios get destroyed haha

• Haha 1

Please fantasy gods,give me ONE day without a starter allowing 6 or more runs.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, meh2 said:

I’m curious if anyone knows why this is such a process for these platforms to add a player to their database? It’s not my field by any stretch but it seems like they should’ve built a program that makes adding a player a simple process that takes a few minutes. Any IT experts  out there that can shed some light?

That is an easy one to answer.  If they aren't in the data base already they need a firm rule to handle anyone coming up during the season.  ("They" is actually the data company that supplies these things to ESPN and Yahoo, not the platforms themselves btw).

So they have decided to wait until the guy is officially called up which is the day be debuts usually if a pitcher.  Otherwise the data company would be adding players per mere rumors.

Then at that time they are placed on waivers which is the only fair way to allow distribution to leagues that want that player.  Otherwise in leagues with no waivers the insomniac with three notification apps on his phone sitting at his laptop waiting all night and day in that league would land any and all additions he wants.  Waivers is there for "fairness."

In this case it also prevents rabid prospect hounds from shooting themselves in the foot starting this guy for his first outing which is at Coors, hah.  (Hell I don't start Kershaw there).

PS:  And if anyone is thinking about bringing up Brandon McKay on Yahoo as a pitcher ... he ALREADY was in Yahoo's database (as a 1B) so wasn't an add through the data company so it was a software "fix" (snerk) by Yahoo and not an addition.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

manny is serving his suspension tonight.

Really?  He couldn't do that during a slump.  Or against a real pitcher and not Beede is it?

9 hours ago, RoadApple said:

even if they do get a bit ugly he still might still get the win cause Paxton on the other side will get obliterated thats pretty much a guarantee.