Auction>Snake

Kawhi Leonard 2019-2020 Outlook

It's rumored that the Lakers are the current front-runners, but which team out of the 3 would benefit Kawhi most from a fantasy perspective? I'm inclined to think whoever eases up the most on the load management, specifically late March where generally all of our fantasy playoffs take place. The Clippers surely would be the best destination fantasy wise as they will in all likelihood be pushing for higher seeding in the Western Conference. I'd expect much of the same from Toronto, and perhaps even more from the Lakers. Thoughts?

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auction>Snake said:

It's rumored that the Lakers are the current front-runners, but which team out of the 3 would benefit Kawhi most from a fantasy perspective? I'm inclined to think whoever eases up the most on the load management, specifically late March where generally all of our fantasy playoffs take place. The Clippers surely would be the best destination fantasy wise as they will in all likelihood be pushing for higher seeding in the Western Conference. I'd expect much of the same from Toronto, and perhaps even more from the Lakers. Thoughts?

spacer.png

If you care about Kawhi health, he should go to the Lakers. If you just want to win your league and see him ball out, he should go to the Clippers. If you want him to miss 15+ games again with “load management” and them trying to repeat then he stays with Raptors.

• Like 4

He'll put up numbers on any team. The Lakers would be the worst fantasy wise as they'll still give him time off like the Raptors did, but he'll also be competeing with Bron and AD. He'll still get his but he'll have nights where he can just sit back and watch Bron or AD run the show. He won't have that luxury in Toronto or with the Clippers. 

• Like 3

well seems like the Clippers are back to being irrelevant for the next 20 years

shame they did nothing with Paul, Griff, Jordan, Reddick, got a great player in Tobias and gave him away for nothing and now wont even get 1 free agent

Edited by Golden Spikes
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

If you care about Kawhi health, he should go to the Lakers. If you just want to win your league and see him ball out, he should go to the Clippers. If you want him to miss 15+ games again with “load management” and them trying to repeat then he stays with Raptors.

I'm going to offer a contrarian point of view in that if Kawhi cared about his health, he should stay in Toronto. If he goes to the Lakers, they'll have a very top-heavy team with Lebron/AD/Kawhi all having their own load management / injury concerns. Even one significant injury would likely force the others to play significant minutes in order to carry their team. Raptors had 17-5 record without Kawhi, and I think it's pretty safe to say they'd make playoffs without him.

I think Lakers are pretty screwed if Kawhi doesn't join, so hopefully his mindset is that he'll want to join a team that isn't screwed without him 😄

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, darkyume said:

I'm going to offer a contrarian point of view in that if Kawhi cared about his health, he should stay in Toronto. If he goes to the Lakers, they'll have a very top-heavy team with Lebron/AD/Kawhi all having their own load management / injury concerns. Even one significant injury would likely force the others to play significant minutes in order to carry their team. Raptors had 17-5 record without Kawhi, and I think it's pretty safe to say they'd make playoffs without him.

I think Lakers are pretty screwed if Kawhi doesn't join, so hopefully his mindset is that he'll want to join a team that isn't screwed without him 😄

Exactly. The Raptors were 17-5 without Leonard in the regular season.  He can sit all the games he wants/needs and Raptors are still damn good. 

I'm hoping he stays with the Raptors mostly because I'd like to see good competitive balance in the league, and I think with Kawhi there, the West-East balance is better. If he joins the Lakers, they'll be a de-facto superteam that will be heavily favored to win it all from the get go.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

shame they did nothing with Paul, Griff, Jordan, Reddick, got a great player in Tobias and gave him away for nothing and now wont even get 1 free agent

Have faith in jerry west. The Tobias Harris trade was a smart one. Tobias was going to get a max offer , jerry west wasn’t willing to offer him one

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Ask yourself this, would you sign Tobias Harris to a 180 million contract? I wouldn’t, and neither did most teams that’s why he has been traded by 3 teams (Orlando, Bucks, Clippers) oh forgot about the (Pistons). In my opinion, he is not worth that much.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Ask yourself this, would you sign Tobias Harris to a 180 million contract? I wouldn’t, and neither did most teams that’s why he has been traded by 3 teams (Orlando, Bucks, Clippers) oh forgot about the (Pistons). In my opinion, he is not worth that much.

True as a lifelong clipper fan though ( back to 78) it’s hard to continue when talent goes and goes and the team never takes the next step. Now they have nothing

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2019 at 10:19 AM, Golden Spikes said:

True as a lifelong clipper fan though ( back to 78) it’s hard to continue when talent goes and goes and the team never takes the next step. Now they have nothing

They have something now!

Kawhi and PG

On 7/4/2019 at 10:19 AM, Golden Spikes said:

Xmas in July!

• Thanks 1

Good decision by Kawhi to not join LeBron. Let LeBron and the Lakers work very hard in their quest for more championships. I was hoping he stays with the Raptors but with PG in LAC, they're now a contender and imo, they're better than the Lakers.

Edited by seeL

THANK YOU KAWHI. This is going to be the best NBA season (parity wise), maybe ever, and it's only going to get better when KD returns next year 😎

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, young_styler said:

This is going to be the best NBA season (parity wise)

People say dynasties are good for the league, so I'm interested in seeing how ratings are this year.  I think most hardcore fans are for it, but how are the randos?

2 hours ago, young_styler said:

THANK YOU KAWHI. This is going to be the best NBA season (parity wise), maybe ever, and it's only going to get better when KD returns next year 😎

So better than when Lebron was in Cleveland, PG was in Indiana, AD was in New Orleans and Kawhi was in San Antonio and KD was with the Oklahoma?

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers

10 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So better than when Lebron was in Cleveland, PG was in Indiana, AD was in New Orleans and Kawhi was in San Antonio and KD was with the Oklahoma?

And GSW ware easily winning everything team in the league.. 

23 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

And GSW were easily winning every team in the league.. 

•  

27 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I say so because there is more anticipation for this season because of the new pairings and new teams. We also have 7 legit teams in the West that could win it all and 1 great team and 3 really good teams in the East that have a shot. 

• Like 4

So where does everyone value Kawhi going into next season? With the depth behind him I could foresee something similar to his load management with the Raps. There will obviously be more competition in the West but it's hard to believe the Clippers didn't offer him as much rest days as he'd like.

How many games do we see him resting this year due to “load management”? With Paul George do we expect over/under 15 games?

5 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

How many games do we see him resting this year due to “load management”? With Paul George do we expect over/under 15 games?

Between 60-65 games

• Haha 1

I'm avoiding Kawhi in H2H leagues, but definitely don't mind him for roto. Even at around 65 games, he should deliver first round value.

• Like 1