Auction>Snake

Kawhi Leonard 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 10/4/2019 at 8:31 PM, a-rob said:

 

3p% cat then definitely Jimmy Butler. jimmy butler will be much better than Dame if you remove 3pm. Gobert is not a bad choice, up to you if you want to go big or wing wing to kick off your draft

Got Dame with the 9th pick and paired him with Kawhi, H2H 9 cat with 3pm. Feel like this is a good pairing if you can swing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

Got Dame with the 9th pick and paired him with Kawhi, H2H 9 cat with 3pm. Feel like this is a good pairing if you can swing it.

 

I literally just got done with my draft and got this pairing in ESPN. 10 team h2h 9-cat. Kawhi was ranked 33? by ESPN lol. I wasn't expecting getting Kawhi. Lots of people somehow sleeping on him due to rest days but he's still a top 3 player in the league. 

 

First 6 picks.

lillard

kawhi

trae young

draymond

bam 

JJ jr 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i may be wrong, but i feel like kawhi will play around 70 games this year barring another injury or setback.. i bet he plays back to back too if clippers are fighting for seeding in the final month. i’m feelin optimistic on this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best player in the game?

 

Who does this much on both ends, this well? The guy has zero flaws in his game. It almost looks like if he wanted to, he could average 6-8 assists if that was his singular goal or if his team asked him to do so. Same for averaging 9-10 boards. 

 

Ridiculous. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, a-rob said:

Been blasting Kawhi all offseason and on my DND list, I am against him in 2  major leagues right now and this dude and flat out killing me right now and making me eat my words. Watching him in the 2nd quarter just reminds me how beautiful his game is. Goes to his spots with ease even if he is not fast or athletic, and just hits jumper after jumpter. Also finds the open man every time he is trapped in the paint. He might also get less DNPs this year if PG will be forced to miss a bunch of games. Oh well I don't own any Kawhi stocks this year too bad, just don't kill my team and we're good.

 

I mean, we knew he was going to be top 5 on a per-game basis. How many games were we going to get from him was the question. In one of my few snake drafts I picked him at the end of the 1st with hesitance, but if owners do get 70 games from him, he can be considered a steal where he was going.

Edited by Del Rio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever drafted him at a discount is going to be pleased.  Will probably put up top 6 per game value and load management allegedly isn't going to be much of a concern.  I only have him on one team, but one is more than zero, I'm good with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

Best player in the game?

 

Who does this much on both ends, this well? The guy has zero flaws in his game. It almost looks like if he wanted to, he could average 6-8 assists if that was his singular goal or if his team asked him to do so. Same for averaging 9-10 boards. 

 

Ridiculous. 

Definitely think he's the best right now. His impact on both ends is insane, and like you said, if he focused on it, he could probably become a pretty solid playmaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Definitely think he's the best right now. His impact on both ends is insane, and like you said, if he focused on it, he could probably become a pretty solid playmaker.

Irl?  Ofc.  Nobody's as efficient as him from the forward position, he can score at will.  He's also in consideration for best wing defender.  Who else can attest to being arguably the best offensive AND best defensive player from their position?  He's won multiple titles while being the best player on the team.  Idk if it can be disputed that he's the best atm.

 

Fantasy he's great as well with the efficient scoring plus stocks.  Relative lack of popcorn stats compared to the rest of the top 5 limit his upside to top 6, however.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kawhi looked great last night, and the Clippers are going to be a major problem for 29 other NBA teams this year. The chemistry and teamwork in game one was pretty impressive.

With Kawhi and his games played, people are really freaking out about how it's going to affect his total value this season. When pre-ranking him, I kept him high and took him 9 overall without hesitation in a 12 team 9 cat roto league. Why? When you run the games he misses with a replacement level player, those 82 games are still super-valuable, even at 65 games played. If I hadn't taken Kawhi in the first, I might well have taken PG in the second over Butler, for the same reason.

The other factor working in Kawhi's favor is load management is increasingly common, so his 65 would compare with someone else's 70-72 instead of 74-78 in years past. It is part art and part science to figure out true roto value, and it falls somewhere between total value and per game value. That's where you can earn a big edge over your league mates, if your methodology is better than theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Del Rio said:

 

I mean, we knew he was going to be top 5 on a per-game basis. How many games were we going to get from him was the question. In one of my few snake drafts I picked him at the end of the 1st with hesitance, but if owners do get 70 games from him, he can be considered a steal where he was going.

There's a guy in my league that drafted Embiid, and Kawhi slid to him @14 lol. 

He may make us all regret our decision at the end of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s something I just found. Which really doesn’t help right us at this juncture

clippers only play 3 back to backs this year

factor in that they will have a lot of blowouts from the look of it and he could get lots of 25 min outings put up his numbers and sit the 4th

healthy I think 70 games is well in reach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 4:20 PM, terribleswedes said:

My view is he'll have less load management this year than last. He was coming off a lost season. 

 

Nobody believed me back in July. This is me being obnoxious about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Here’s something I just found. Which really doesn’t help right us at this juncture

clippers only play 3 back to backs this year

factor in that they will have a lot of blowouts from the look of it and he could get lots of 25 min outings put up his numbers and sit the 4th

healthy I think 70 games is well in reach


wait they have 14 back to backs tho

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, terribleswedes said:

 

Nobody believed me back in July. This is me being obnoxious about it

 

But it has only been two games so far. I don’t think anyone thought he would be load managed in the first two so it doesn’t make anything right yet.

80 more games to play. We will see later on how much he is actually load managed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iowncrazyhair said:


you probly didnt count the 30th/31st & 1st days. 7 times they play 2 games in 2 days sooo 14 games lol

Even so I would only consider that 7 times not 14. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kawhi was in the lab this off-season working on his passing. Who does that? 

He's literally the perfect basketball player now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.