Auction>Snake

Kawhi Leonard 2019-2020 Outlook

well i fell for the "load management" won't be as strict this year talk.. sitting game 4 is ridiculous. he'll probably be sitting every every b2b all year. his trade value just took a nice hit.

At least he's resting on a big game night where I can plug someone else in and still have a full rotation.

Tomorrow I have only 3 guys playing so it'd be worse if it was that day

• Like 2

Just called in to work and told them I won't be coming in today due to load management, it would have been the 3rd night of a back to back to back, gotta keep the brain fresh.

• Haha 3

just looked it up. 13 b2b's on the season for the clippers. so we could be looking at 69😏 games max out of kawhi.. if he picks up some injuries, could be looking at 60-65 or under. waste of a #11 pick

15 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

well i fell for the "load management" won't be as strict this year talk.. sitting game 4 is ridiculous. he'll probably be sitting every every b2b all year. his trade value just took a nice hit.

Or maybe its just tonight cause he’s dropping 50 @SAS tomorrow. Think positive! 

24 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

just looked it up. 13 b2b's on the season for the clippers. so we could be looking at 69😏 games max out of kawhi.. if he picks up some injuries, could be looking at 60-65 or under. waste of a #11 pick

They have 7 pairs of b2b games. So he's sitting 7 games in this scenario, he'll play tomorrow, it isn't supposed that he misses both b2b games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Or maybe its just tonight cause he’s dropping 50 @SAS tomorrow. Think positive! 

haha I'm just trying to gauge what his value actually is and send some offers out for a player that is more likely to play 75+ games. Yeah maybe he does score 50 but unlikely with that soft 30-34minute cap. he's been playing some unreal basketball but his massive game upside is limited with how the clippers are using him. he's been getting pulled late in the fourth w some really bizarre rotations bc the clippers coaches have been very intentional with how many minutes they give him. I want to see a close game where he plays 36+ minutes.

There is just too much that makes an owner uneasy about his ROS outlook.. if the Clippers blow out a team- which they should do often when PG returns (ex: game 2, 21minutes), Kawhi sits very early... if they play a b2b- seems like Kawhi will be sitting most of those out...injury prone... he's not going to play heavy minutes... his per minute production has been ridiculous but in a h2h, yuck. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Homer S said:

They have 7 pairs of b2b games. So he's sitting 7 games in this scenario, he'll play tomorrow, it isn't supposed that he misses both b2b games.

you're right, didn't think that one out just typed it. 

I'm in an espn league where he fell to late 2nd round because they listed him at #32 or something bonkers, but it's feeling like he's in too perfect of a situation to maximize his fantasy potential. When George is back, he's practically KD on a stacked Warriors plus a weird load management history.

Of course, this is just me trying to rationalize taking Beal over him. It will be interesting to see who ends up the better year-long value, because Kawhi is obviously infinitely better.

23 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

haha I'm just trying to gauge what his value actually is and send some offers out for a player that is more likely to play 75+ games. Yeah maybe he does score 50 but unlikely with that soft 30-34minute cap. he's been playing some unreal basketball but his massive game upside is limited with how the clippers are using him. he's been getting pulled late in the fourth w some really bizarre rotations bc the clippers coaches have been very intentional with how many minutes they give him. I want to see a close game where he plays 36+ minutes.

There is just too much that makes an owner uneasy about his ROS outlook.. if the Clippers blow out a team- which they should do often when PG returns (ex: game 2, 21minutes), Kawhi sits very early... if they play a b2b- seems like Kawhi will be sitting most of those out...injury prone... he's not going to play heavy minutes... his per minute production has been ridiculous but in a h2h, yuck. 

thing is you'll likely have to overpay because no good kahwi owner will sell him lower than the 75 game worth they expect him to have even if they know its more like 60-65 games

He was #18 in Total Value last year in only 60 games. #7 on a per game basis.

With his improved passing ability, I expect both of those rankings to increase. You got him 11th or 12th, so there's really no room to complain.

Edited by GriffeySwag

1 hour ago, s-kayos said:

At least he's resting on a big game night where I can plug someone else in and still have a full rotation.

Tomorrow I have only 3 guys playing so it'd be worse if it was that day

spacer.png

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

what happened to the kobe’s of the nba? 

gone after his wave (shaq, kobe, duncan, dirk, wade) retired. load management smh ... kobe would manage his load all over the other team's faces while playing through sprains and fractures all over. soft nba is new nba reality. 

Edited by richg24
  • Like 2

The Clippers have just 2 games the whole next week.. but it's a b2b set. Over/Under this wussy misses one of them?

1 hour ago, G.O.B. said:

The Clippers have just 2 games the whole next week.. but it's a b2b set. Over/Under this wussy misses one of them?

I'd take the over lmao. Don't see him playing in both. Maybe if they play him the first game, and they destroy their opponent, and kawhi only plays 24 min he gets another 24 mins the next day. Not sure who they're playing so that could play a factor. 

Yikes. Just traded for him by giving up Buddy and Capela so this sucks. Completely bought into the less load management hype.

I completely understand the West is competitive argument but it looks like the Clippers don’t really care about seeding and they believe that they can cope just fine by managing PG and Kawhi properly. And to be honest, they do have the squad for that.