Auction>Snake

Kawhi Leonard 2019-2020 Outlook

Just gave you two games worth of production tonight, so no complaining.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Just gave you two games worth of production tonight, so no complaining.

but imagine if he played b2b's, we'd get 4 games of production 🤨

• Like 2

Just to be clear, Kawhi is resting b2bs right? Clippers only play twice next week and it's a b2b. Going up against him so this could be huge.

4 hours ago, yeet said:

Just to be clear, Kawhi is resting b2bs right? Clippers only play twice next week and it's a b2b. Going up against him so this could be huge.

nothing set in stone 

On 11/3/2019 at 1:13 AM, yeet said:

Honestly I expect him to sit out 1 of these games because he can literally  do whatever he wants to do and hes been fighting for the opportunity to do that so why not use it?

Sitting out Wednesday.  Top 5 Divas in history of sports:

1.  Kawai Leonard

2.  Connor McGregor

3.  Kobe Bryant

4.  Antonio Brown

5.  Colin Kaepernick

I hope they get blown out even worse than they did last time and start losing more games so later on they have incentive to make him play b2b to fight for home court advantage. 

Before season started i traded kyrie for kwahi because i just hate kyrie and kwahi my favorite player.  Lesson learned. 

• Haha 1

I mean I'm happy and all because I'm going up against him but he'll have 2 full days of rest before and 3 full days of rest after the back to back anyways lol

Edited by yeet

On the bright side Kawhi playing the night with less games scheduled and resting on a night with a full slate so most managers likely have 10 guys they can start tomorrow anyways.  This would be more annoying if he played tomorrow and rested Thursday.  

We all drafted Kawhi knowing he would rest one game of the b2b's this season, so there is no reason to be salty when you knowingly picked him.  If he only rests for b2b's you get 75 games (I'd take the under) which would be peachy keen. 

1 hour ago, Strike Three said:

Sitting out Wednesday.  Top 5 Divas in history of sports:

1.  Kawai Leonard

2.  Connor McGregor

3.  Kobe Bryant

4.  Antonio Brown

5.  Colin Kaepernick

Delete 

• Like 1

I know hes balling out but im kinda glad i dont have to deal with this after that load management rollercoaster last year. 

11 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Wow how rare is it to have a 2 game week and it being a b2b. So unfortunate...

yea like wtf, is going on... a 2 game week and theres not enough rest time? just play less minutes ffs. lol this is so weak

trying to ship him, I get too pissed seeing the “OUT Load Management” reports.. and this is a trend that will continue the entire season. Sent offers for Jokic 

Kawhi said he wouldn’t have made it to the finals last year without being load managed. 

It was going to happen this year and probably will for the rest of his career especially during back to backs. This isn’t a drug suspension or fluke injury. This was known and if you did draft him not wanting to believe it, well....

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Kawhi said he wouldn’t have made it to the finals last year without being load managed. 

It was going to happen this year and probably will for the rest of his career especially during back to backs. This isn’t a drug suspension or fluke injury. This was known and if you did draft him not wanting to believe it, well....

rest all you want... 2 game week though.... therse 5 other days to rest....

I think people look at this the wrong way. It's not "rest" Kawhi needs, it's an overall limit on how much he plays each year in order to play through the playoffs at an elite level. As we saw last year that means sitting half of B2B's and random other games throughout the season.

It's bad for fantasy owners, but great for Kawhi's chances of winning rings.

Edited by RLDN106

Isn’t it odd that he rested against Jazz and Bucks?  Both are strong teams and both were nationalized TV games no?  Maybe Kawi was scared to go against Greek freak ^^. But def strange that he’s resting against good teams. 

13 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

I think people look at this the wrong way. It's not "rest" Kawhi needs, it's an overall limit on how much he plays each year in order to play through the playoffs at an elite level. As we saw last year that means sitting half of B2B's and random other games throughout the season.

It's bad for fantasy owners, but great for Kawhi's chances of winning rings.

I don’t think it’s overall games.. If nba changed their overall games to 60 games instead of 82, Kawi will most likely rest back to backs more often than not. it’s giving rest between games thus resting back to backs. 

The thing about Kawhi is, I believe most owners were savvy enough to draft him knowing full well about the risk of load management - the only issue is how much.

Judging from comments in the preseason about how he’s 100% and how he’s one year off that lost final season in SA it would make sense to predict that he’ll play at least a few more games this season as compared to last... and I still hope that’s the case. It’ll be interesting to see how PG’s return affects his load management schedule - perhaps the lightened offensive load would lessen the need for Kawhi to rest games. The need to rest PG as well may also play a factor.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mangchi said:

Isn’t it odd that he rested against Jazz and Bucks?  Both are strong teams and both were nationalized TV games no?  Maybe Kawi was scared to go against Greek freak ^^. But def strange that he’s resting against good teams. 

I don’t think it’s overall games.. If nba changed their overall games to 60 games instead of 82, Kawi will most likely rest back to backs more often than not. it’s giving rest between games thus resting back to backs. 

Realistically it’s some combination of both.

I highly doubt he wants to oversteer his quad but Kawhi also sat regular games last year as well (in addition to the phantom injuries).

This will probably be the case again, but when he’s on the court he’s easily top-5.