dogfightgiggle

Deebo Samuel 2019 Outlook

It does seem as though the 49ers have been trying to make Deebo a regular part of their offensive game plan on a weekly basis & these past couple weeks with Kittle & Sanders out, he has risen to the challenge. I think he's proven himself to the staff & will be given touches every week as long as he's healthy.

He may not get as many as last week on a regular basis but I expect he'll get enough to make plays to the point his floor is well above what it used to be.

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

Can't believe SF might have too many mouths to feed once everyone is back on the field (and healthy).

Kittle, Sanders, Deebo, Coleman - all legitimate play-makers

You forgot Breida, who is a better player than Coleman.

[...] looks like might be a league winner for playoffs

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

6 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

You forgot Breida, who is a better player than Coleman.

And Jalen Hurd next year

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Deebo Samuel (shoulder) was sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

You have to think if he finished the game and was the go-to guy down the stretch that he's likely to play, but this is obviously not ideal. It both clouds his playing status and confirms a re-injury risk. Ugh! So many variables here, between his health and Kittle/Sanders, just gotta wait and see...

11 minutes ago, aapox said:

You have to think if he finished the game and was the go-to guy down the stretch that he's likely to play, but this is obviously not ideal.

Like Kittle?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Not cleared for contact????  

I would assume they’re being super cautious. The fact he came back in to finish the game, and he’s even a limited participant in practice would lead me to believe he’ll be playing Sunday. 

• Like 3

Ride or die! If he’s active, I’m starting him even if Kittle and Sanders are also playing. He’s shown too much the last couple of games.

• Like 2

Jimmy G is super important to Jimmy G and this offense, If he plays, I think you fire him up no matter If Sanders and Kittle go. 

Sanders cartilage injury could easily get reactivated in game. Riding the hot hand If Deebo goes, he's been to explosive to bench If he plays.

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Jimmy G is super important to Jimmy G and this offense

True

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Jimmy G is super important to Jimmy G and this offense, If he plays, I think you fire him up no matter If Sanders and Kittle go. 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, eg4190 said:

Ride or die! If he’s active, I’m starting him even if Kittle and Sanders are also playing. He’s shown too much the last couple of games.

I want to feel good about playing him too but he dunked on Arizona (easy to do) and then took advantage of no Kittle or Sanders against Seattle. (Yes, I know Sanders started vs SEA but left with injury).

On top of that, he has a shoulder injury of his own.

I don't think they're going to pepper him with targets if Sanders &/or Kittle are back and even if they aren't might dial it down because of the shoulder.

8 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Sanders cartilage injury could easily get reactivated in game. Riding the hot hand If Deebo goes, he's been to explosive to bench If he plays.

giphy.gif

Due to the nature of Manny's injury you are likely correct. He will likely fight through it week to week and see limited action. If SF clinches a 1st round bye early I would expect him to sit out. With teams still chasing though and a divisional race that may come down to Week 17, Deebo is probably a good play ROS. I don't think Kittle really affects Deebo, it's Sanders.

Firing this up, he's the hot hand. Sanders takes a shot and sits with busted rib cartilage. 

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

👀

TD was nice, only 2 targets is a little alarming. With Kittle back in the fold, as well as Manny Sanders, might be too many mouths to feed in this run first offense.