Sign in to follow this  
Trench Mob

Russell Westbrook 2019-2020 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Apparently it was Westbrook who wanted to play with Harden.  I take back what I said.  I still find it surprising given how things ended in OKC and how it seemed Harden and Westbrook felt about each other.  Anyone care to give their prognostication about each player?  Both of them are high usage, but they can stagger their playing time somewhat as they did with CP3.  Also, both are good passers, so it may not be a complete disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rw and Jh battle for triple doubles. Rest of rockets will never touch the ball again

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would assume both players improve their  efficiency shooting the ball now that they don’t have the pressure to shoot 20-24 times a game. I have no idea how the assist numbers for both will change but for certain the turnovers should drop at least 1-1.5 each.   I think Westbrook will have more assists than harden due to Houston having sometime he hasn’t really experienced in a while: multiple shooters. Harden should maintain 28-30 points per game and maybe 5-5.5 rebounds a game. Think Westbrook finally averages under 10 rebounds a game maybe in the 8 range, really depends on what does Harden does. Its the scoring for westbrook that will take a sizable dip, but maybe thats a good thing

Holy hell this is going to be crazy think these guys will just take turns putting up monster numbers but this is something that is a first in the NBA. 2 ball dominate stat machines..

Edited by two0six
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, two0six said:

 I think Westbrook will have more assists than harden due to Houston having sometime he hasn’t really experienced in a while: multiple shooters.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.  Houston has had multiple shooters for awhile now.  Are you saying multiple creators?  Multiple players that enjoy putting up 15 shots a game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Westbrook is going to stand at the top of the 3 point line while Harden does his ISO 1v1 step-back three or drive? This will be fun to watch!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.  Houston has had multiple shooters for awhile now.  Are you saying multiple creators?  Multiple players that enjoy putting up 15 shots a game?

reread what I said, i said houston has something westbrook hasn’t experienced in a while, multiple shooters.

Westbrook hasn’t had multiple shooters for a while not houston.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, two0six said:

reread what I said, i said houston has something westbrook hasn’t experienced in a while, multiple shooters.

Westbrook hasn’t had multiple shooters for a while not houston.

I disagree. In past years. Westbrook has had:

Paul George/ Dennis schroeder

Paul George/Carmelo Anthony/ Corey Brewer

Victor Oladipo/Anthony Morrow

Dion Waiters/ Randy Foye/ Kevin Durant /DJ Augustin 

 

So don’t tell me he hasn’t had “multiple” shooters. He has had “MULTIPLE”!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Auction>Snake said:

Pardon me for discussing fantasy basketball. 

Huh? I wasn't talking to, or about, you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly not sure what to think of Westy's value going to HOU. I guess I will say not much changes. He was putting up triple double numbers with PG in town, so why can't he with Harden? Harden will lose a couple rebounds and assists I'll say. I think they focus on taking the ball out of his hands a little and ler him focus on just scoring for himself. Let Russell facilitate. We know he can't shoot so let him bring the ball up and let Harden create chaos on the perimeter to open lanes going to the rim for Russell. As for Capela, he might be the biggest loser. Obviously Westbrook takes away some rebounds from him and I don't think he scores as much with Westbrook.

From a real life perspective, I don't like this move at all for Houston. Two very high usage, iso-heavy players in the playoffs doesn't work. I think Houston is just hoping Westbrook changes his game next to Harden and hoping for a miracle as CP3 was getting older and more expensive. To me, this takes Houston off my list of contenders. Will still be good (fun team to watch in the regular season) and make the playoffs, but this won't work in the playoffs. Still have a very thin bench too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

Evidently Nostradamus can't remember the past. 

Dude, look at my comment. I was quoting the guy who suggested the Rockets/OKC trade, and calling that person -- "Rando" -- Nostradamus.

Either chill, or learn to read.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, terribleswedes said:

Dude, look at my comment. I was quoting the guy who suggested the Rockets/OKC trade, and calling that person -- "Rando" -- Nostradamus.

Either chill, or learn to read.

My apologies I'm drunk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Honestly not sure what to think of Westy's value going to HOU. I guess I will say not much changes. He was putting up triple double numbers with PG in town, so why can't he with Harden? Harden will lose a couple rebounds and assists I'll say. I think they focus on taking the ball out of his hands a little and ler him focus on just scoring for himself. Let Russell facilitate. We know he can't shoot so let him bring the ball up and let Harden create chaos on the perimeter to open lanes going to the rim for Russell. As for Capela, he might be the biggest loser. Obviously Westbrook takes away some rebounds from him and I don't think he scores as much with Westbrook.

From a real life perspective, I don't like this move at all for Houston. Two very high usage, iso-heavy players in the playoffs doesn't work. I think Houston is just hoping Westbrook changes his game next to Harden and hoping for a miracle as CP3 was getting older and more expensive. To me, this takes Houston off my list of contenders. Will still be good (fun team to watch in the regular season) and make the playoffs, but this won't work in the playoffs. Still have a very thin bench too.

Ive been a huge CP3 fan over the years, and a westbrook hater but cmon. Replacing CP3 with Westbrook at this stage of their career can’t be the reason you take them off your contenders list 😂

They probably shouldnt of been on your list to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a capella thread? Does his rebs go down boxing out for Westbrook now? 

Edited by thrilla1nManila
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Ive been a huge CP3 fan over the years, and a westbrook hater but cmon. Replacing CP3 with Westbrook at this stage of their career can’t be the reason you take them off your contenders list 😂

They probably shouldnt of been on your list to begin with.

I feel they are more of a contender with CP3 than Westbrook. Westbrook's style of play just doesn't work in the playoffs, and then you put Harden on the team with him, iso-ball to the max. At least with CP3 there was more ball movement. Now for the regular season this will be a fun team to watch and they can get away with hero ball more often. But as soon as the playoffs hit, this is a 1st round exit team in the west.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Is there a capella thread? Does his rebs go down boxing out for Westbrook now? 

No Capela thread yet, however, I would imagine his numbers take a hit with Westbrook chasing down rebounds. Also, Westbrook doesn't set up his teammates to score the way CP3 does, which hurts Capela a bit, considering all he's good for is lobs, putbacks, and dunks on offense.

Edited by RedRaider27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't assume the Rockets' system will look the same as it has the last couple years. Mike D'Antoni is pretty clever at building a system around his guys. The Harden Rockets don't much resemble his old Suns teams.

If he redesigns, that makes it even harder to predict whose stats will go which way. 

My guess, though, is that both will take a ding. I don't think it'll be a sizable one. Potentially instructive: When LeBron joined the Heat, Wade's shot attempts went down by 1.4, and he got to the line .5 fewer times per game. He was a bit more accurate from the field and his rebounds climbed. Wade's Basketball Monster rankings for the year before LeBron's arrival and the year he got to Miami: the same (7th).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

with all these new dynamic duos, who's fantasy's number 1 pick now?

Curry- hes gonna force the nba to have a 4 pt shot, mark my words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

The only thing that's most definitely is that the Rockets entire offense will still run through Harden. Coach will never relinquish his green light. Nothing will change that not even Russ. If anything his assists will increase. Rebounds will take a hit obviously. 

I truly don't believe that. Westbrook is a usage monster. I think they'll both get up plenty of shots. They'll take pretty expected hits in a situation like this. A positive for both is that D'Antoni has been a little better than the average coach at staggering CP3 and Harden in the past. And the negative, of course, is that this is about as extreme an example as you can get of 2 high usage stars teaming up and eating into each other's counting stats. Another downside is that with the type of usage Russ has, I don't think the addition really benefits either of them in terms of their FG%, even if the shots take a dip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.