Pyschout

Pascal Siakam 2019-2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, jjbooda said:

It’s a daily league so every game counts. 

Think he’s implying they’re drops if needed

• Like 1

5 hours ago, t0087669 said:

What’s the time frame usually for this kinda injury?

Last season LBJ missed 13 games with a groin strain

Doesn't seem like any of the waiver raptors will get extra burn.  Most likely beneficiaries are OG and Ibaka.  Maybe Terence Davis gets hot again?  I hope it's not Patrick McCaw, he hasn't been doing anything with his minutes.

2 hours ago, MarcoPol0 said:

boucher barely plays, hard to believe he'll suddenly start getting anywhere near 30 mins but still the upside has to make him the add over rhj since we've seen what rhj can do right...?

Went straight into 25min role when ibaka went down. He can rack up stats quick anyways 

10 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

Think he’s implying they’re drops if needed

I agree.  Problem is we get one add/drop per week.  So I have to carry the dead weight of a couple of them. I know that was not clear in my initial post.  

9 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Doesn't seem like any of the waiver raptors will get extra burn.  Most likely beneficiaries are OG and Ibaka.  Maybe Terence Davis gets hot again?  I hope it's not Patrick McCaw, he hasn't been doing anything with his minutes.

RHJ!

20 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

RHJ!

not quite.   Raptors lost 2 bigs (Gasol and Siakam) and  1 guard (Norm).  Other than Ibaka, only other healthy big that is NBA ready is Boucher. I expect   RHJ  coming off the bench and backing Boucher/Ibaka.   good enough for ~ 25 min but biggest beneficiary i for bench players is Davis. Lowry/FVV  will get all the minutes they can handle and for 2nd unit Davis is the only one who can create for himself and others

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thinking of trading for Siakam since Raptors has a good playoff sked. Any new news about an updated timeline for his injury? Bbm estimates him to come back around mid January. 

You know your dealing with some annoying **** when it’s either: achilles, hamstring, or groin injuries. Timeline usually vague and reaggravation risks higher then other type of injuries. 

Its been a full week and not 1 single update on him at all. Not a blurb, no mentions, nothing. You would have to imagine they will finally give us some sort of an update being that theyre playing on national TV for the big Christmas games. This has been the longest that i can remember an injured star player has gone without any sort of update to whats going on.

2 hours ago, jay_00 said:

Its been a full week and not 1 single update on him at all. Not a blurb, no mentions, nothing. You would have to imagine they will finally give us some sort of an update being that theyre playing on national TV for the big Christmas games. This has been the longest that i can remember an injured star player has gone without any sort of update to whats going on.

On 12/19/2019 at 5:36 PM, m1dday said:

uhhhhhhhhhhh 😥

4 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Why are you showing the same thing they said a week ago that everyone has seen already?

5 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Out indefinitely.  That is all you need to know

Half of RW's jobs and blurbs are about injury reports, so no that is not all we need to know. If theyre not going to give us a time table, why cant they just interview him and see how he says hes feeling? Anything would be better than absolutely nothing which is honestly really strange in todays social media ruled world. Havent even seen a twitter mention.

1 hour ago, jay_00 said:

Why are you showing the same thing they said a week ago that everyone has seen already?

Half of RW's jobs and blurbs are about injury reports, so no that is not all we need to know. If theyre not going to give us a time table, why cant they just interview him and see how he says hes feeling? Anything would be better than absolutely nothing which is honestly really strange in todays social media ruled world. Havent even seen a twitter mention.

Indefinitely: for an unlimited or unspecified period of time.

thats your update lol. Maybe they still dont know. Maybe if they say. Hmm he'll be back in around 3 weeks. 3 weeks comes and hes not ready. Then you're out here salty because they gave you a wrong time frame. Its annoying they cant put an exact day on it sure but they already gave you an update straight after the injury and obviously they arent sure/ready to give another more accurate timelined update. 

no need to get mad at people in here for reposting answers to your q’s. 

• Thanks 2

They actually DID interview him during the game. He said he feels good, the medical staff has been great, and he wishes he was out there playing on Christmas Day because all his friends and family came to watch him. Ariel then tried to get a return date out of him and he dodged the question. He said he has trust in the medical staff and he was sure when they felt he was ready would be the right time to return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jay_00 said:

I wish Siakam is playing but he is not. Back to the topic: Raptors gave an update as soon as they got all the details "out indefinitely ". Do they need to repeat that every week to keep fantasy managers happy?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

I wish Siakam is playing but he is not. Back to the topic: Raptors gave an update as soon as they got all the details "out indefinitely ". Do they need to repeat that every week to keep fantasy managers happy?

You do realize plenty of other players have been listed as out indefinitely, then a couple days later the team announces something like "will be out 2 weeks and will be re-evaluated then". You know, something similar to what the Bucks are doing with Bledsoe right now? Its not a new concept, why am i the only one who seems to know that? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBigSlick said:

Indefinitely: for an unlimited or unspecified period of time.

thats your update lol. Maybe they still dont know. Maybe if they say. Hmm he'll be back in around 3 weeks. 3 weeks comes and hes not ready. Then you're out here salty because they gave you a wrong time frame. Its annoying they cant put an exact day on it sure but they already gave you an update straight after the injury and obviously they arent sure/ready to give another more accurate timelined update. 

no need to get mad at people in here for reposting answers to your q’s. 

Except he didnt answer the question tho. I clearly already wrote that Raptors said that a week ago. Also almost never stay quiet this along. They usually provide updates like "will be reevaluated in 3 weeks". That way nothing is set in stone so people cant get made for a wrong time frame given. Literally has happened like 5 times already this season with other star players.

Well , Raptors do things differently.  This is why we are the champions. If it is going to make you feel better I will give you an update: Siakam will be back in x weeks (x is an integer greater than zero)

10 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Well , Raptors do things differently.  This is why we are the champions. If it is going to make you feel better I will give you an update: Siakam will be back in x weeks (x is an integer greater than zero)

Man, as a fellow Raptors fan, your obnoxiousness is giving us a bad rep. Not to mention annoying af. Let's not get as egotistical as other fans (cough Lakers cough) and develop a rep as insufferable as them.

There is no foul in saying that our team is being excessively secretive , and that can be frustrating to some of the managers who have Raptors players on the their fantasy team. We all wish we would have an idea of when Pascal is coming back. No need to be a defensive jerk about it.

Edited by justaguy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, justaguy said:

Man, as a fellow Raptors fan, your obnoxiousness is giving us a bad rep. Not to mention annoying af. Let's not get as egotistical as other fans (cough Lakers cough) and develop a rep as insufferable as them.

There is no foul in saying that our team is being excessively secretive , and that can be frustrating to some of the managers who have Raptors players on the their fantasy team. We all wish we would have an idea of when Pascal is coming back. No need to be a defensive jerk about it.

Lol tbf not all Lakers fans are like that as well, we just have some fans like Gile as well lol like every fanbase. 

• Haha 1