wildcat62

Demarcus Cousins 2019-2020 Outlook

5 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Early contender for hall monitor of the year. You should apply for a mod position.

And out of curiosity, what do YOU think should be discussed in a thread titled "Lakers 2019-20 Season Thread" Maybe the Lakers, no? 

What thread do you think you're in?

8 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Ok, let's talk fantasy. I see him doing what he did at GSW, and maybe a bit more as the season wears on and they figure out he should start with AD, and McGee should be the backup.

His GSW line for guidance: 16/8/3.6 assists with 1.3 steals and 1.5 blks in 25.7 minutes

His projected LA Laker line: 15/7/4 assists with 1.3 steals and 1.3 blks in 27 minutes

Do you think he scores less because of pace or because of a lack of athletic ability to create his own shot or what?  I know Curry was out for some of Boogie's time (right?  Or am I imagining that), but I still think he's gotta be a bigger weapon on the Lakers than on the KD/Curry/Klay/Draymond Warriors.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pyschout said:

What thread do you think you're in?

Do you think he scores less because of pace or because of a lack of athletic ability to create his own shot or what?  I know Curry was out for some of Boogie's time (right?  Or am I imagining that), but I still think he's gotta be a bigger weapon on the Lakers than on the KD/Curry/Klay/Draymond Warriors.

Usage. Boogie will play with the starters in LA. There are some mouths to feed, and in fact the gunners at the wing will steal his shots maybe even more than LeBron and AD. So for that reason, points may fall.

In GS, he played usually on the 2nd team and got more usage in limited minutes.

3 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Usage. Boogie will play with the starters in LA. There are some mouths to feed, and in fact the gunners at the wing will steal his shots maybe even more than LeBron and AD. So for that reason, points may fall.

In GS, he played usually on the 2nd team and got more usage in limited minutes.

I see what you're saying, but I don't buy it.  It's not like hockey where they sub in and out entire lines.  Most of the time Boogie was out there for the Warriors, one of Durant or Curry also was.  I just looked through this and stopped on page 7:

https://stats.nba.com/lineups/traditional/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=1610612744&sort=MIN&dir=1&PerMode=Totals

By page 7, approximately 690 or Boogie's 771 total minutes this season were accounted for (give or take, I forgot which ones I had counted and which I hadn't).  I counted up 464 minutes that had one of the two of them on the court, so about 67% of the time, he was playing with Durant or Curry.  Almost ALL of the remaining 33% of the time, he was out there with Klay.  I didn't bother to look to see how often Draymond was out there with him.  Of course, there's still 80 minutes I didn't bother to account for, but the point remains that most of the time Boogie was playing last year, he was alongside a dominant scorer.

So I don't think being out there with LeBron and/or AD is going to have that much of an effect compared to him being out there with those guys last year.  He wasn't scoring last year because he was running the second unit.  He was scoring alongside great scorers- better scorers than this year's LeBron and AD, probably.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pyschout said:

I see what you're saying, but I don't buy it.  It's not like hockey where they sub in and out entire lines.  Most of the time Boogie was out there for the Warriors, one of Durant or Curry also was.  I just looked through this and stopped on page 7:

https://stats.nba.com/lineups/traditional/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=1610612744&sort=MIN&dir=1&PerMode=Totals

By page 7, approximately 690 or Boogie's 771 total minutes this season were accounted for (give or take, I forgot which ones I had counted and which I hadn't).  I counted up 464 minutes that had one of the two of them on the court, so about 67% of the time, he was playing with Durant or Curry.  Almost ALL of the remaining 33% of the time, he was out there with Klay.  I didn't bother to look to see how often Draymond was out there with him.  Of course, there's still 80 minutes I didn't bother to account for, but the point remains that most of the time Boogie was playing last year, he was alongside a dominant scorer.

So I don't think being out there with LeBron and/or AD is going to have that much of an effect compared to him being out there with those guys last year.  He wasn't scoring last year because he was running the second unit.  He was scoring alongside great scorers- better scorers than this year's LeBron and AD, probably.

Good analysis. The other thing that bothers me is they may play AD at the 5 for a good amount, and that is likely their best offensive lineup. Or AD at 4 with LeBron at 5. Same thing, really. They don't want to do it, but they may have to do it for good stretches, with Caruso at PG. I think the Lakers will be more inclined to go that way than GSW did, because the Lakers' lineup just will flow smoother that way, and they can bring a better defender in on the wing.

• Like 1

Possible knee injury alert:

Cousins is undergoing testing Thursday after possibly suffering a knee injury during a workout earlier in the week, Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reports.

The wording is a bit unclear, but Wojnarowski notes that Cousins was working out in Las Vegas on Monday and had to leave the court after he appeared to tweak his knee. If the injury turns out to be anything serious, it would be a crushing blow to a Lakers roster that's extremely top-heavy.

Ugh feel bad for Boogie man.  This sucks.  For a big man to tear his achilles, quad, and ACL all in the span of a year and a half.  And all in the same leg.  Damn, he is not going to be the same again for sure.

Tough news for Boogie...guy is a stud, but can't stay healthy.

From a fantasy perspective, everyone gets a boost.  AD should move back to C since he's clearly not a PF and I assume Kuzma will start now and help them space the floor a little more.  Lakers probably need to go out and get another big man.  I had AD 5th but I think I would bump him ahead of KAT now, LeBron jumps into late round 1 now, and I think JaVale is now a draftable player in standard leagues now.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

Tough news for Boogie...guy is a stud, but can't stay healthy.

From a fantasy perspective, everyone gets a boost.  AD should move back to C since he's clearly not a PF and I assume Kuzma will start now and help them space the floor a little more.  Lakers probably need to go out and get another big man.  I had AD 5th but I think I would bump him ahead of KAT now, LeBron jumps into late round 1 now, and I think JaVale is now a draftable player in standard leagues now.

Javale can only play limited minutes (Asthma) and AD doesn’t like playing Center.

7 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Javale can only play limited minutes (Asthma) and AD doesn’t like playing Center.

Yeah but playing AD and McGee together would be silly compared to Kuzma and AD (and this is coming from a major Lakers/LeBron hater)...who cares what AD wants when the team would be overall more successful with him playing at the 5.

3 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

Yeah but playing AD and McGee together would be silly compared to Kuzma and AD (and this is coming from a major Lakers/LeBron hater)...who cares what AD wants when the team would be overall more successful with him playing at the 5.

Yes because forcing a guy to play a position he doesn’t like will give you great results!

If only  Lakers did not wait for Kawhi. maybe they could have signed better C than McGee

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

If only  Lakers did not wait for Kawhi. maybe they could have signed better C than McGee

I respect your opinion on this forum a lot. Seriously, you're a very knowledgeable poster. However, it seems like with the Lakers, you just pretty much troll on here. No offense, but comments like that are just very ignorant and foolish to make. If a team felt like they had a chance to get Kawhi, they wait on him. It didn't break in the Laker's favor, and it is what it is. It was a two horse race as he was never going back to Toronto, the Lakers did what they felt was right and waited, which was right. Making back-hand statements like that doesn't contribute anything to this forum.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

I respect your opinion on this forum a lot. Seriously, you're a very knowledgeable poster. However, it seems like with the Lakers, you just pretty much troll on here. No offense, but comments like that are just very ignorant and foolish to make. If a team felt like they had a chance to get Kawhi, they wait on him. It didn't break in the Laker's favor, and it is what it is. It was a two horse race as he was never going back to Toronto, the Lakers did what they felt was right and waited, which was right. Making back-hand statements like that doesn't contribute anything to this forum.

He can't help it, he's obsessed with the Lakers. Even after his own home team won the title, it's the Lakers who are occupying all the real estate in his head. 

True I am somewhat obsessed with basketball in general.  Lakers were and still are  in my top 3 favorite teams: Raptors, Spurs and Lakers. Contrary to the popular opinion if Raptors or Spurs can't win it all I hope Lakers do.   Just to make Celtics fans appreciate their draft picks even more 😝

well,im in a 15 team,15 player 8cat roto auction keeper league with 3 year contracts and 6 max keepers $250 to spend at draft and goes up to $300 after draft and i had 9 solid keepers to choose from until today,this clears up if im taking the risk on boogie for $16,i fully planned on it,but still was going to try to make trade offers after roster cut down but before draft to see if could have gotten a 2 for 1 deal.

sucks for boogie

7 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Yeah, thats a huge insult to Boogie. 

In his day, Bynum was a damn good center. Not on Boogie's level, but damn good. Not a huge insult at all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

In his day, Bynum was a damn good center. Not on Boogie's level, but damn good. Not a huge insult at all.

Bynum never took bball seriously and sustained an injury by being a dumb f---. Boogie cares an incredible amount about this game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Bynum never took bball seriously and sustained an injury by being a dumb f---. Boogie cares an incredible amount about this game. 

Bynum made all-NBA 2nd team and was an all star. Boogie did the same. Hmmm, that got me thinking....

On 8/17/2019 at 11:29 AM, perkinsfor3 said:

Once again, Bynum was a damn good center in his day. I never compared their heart, love for the game, or work ethic. Boogie is obviously better, but for a few years Bynum was considered one of the best bigs in the NBA and achieved some things in the league. Just goes back to your comment about comparing them. Yes Boogie is on another level, but it wasn't a huge insult comparing them as for a while, Bynum was highly regarded. 

• Like 1