kmoore1521

Tarik Skubal SP DET

10 hours ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Skubal and Mize aren't as far off as people think. Time to pump the breaks a bit on Casey, he has been great but the offspeed K pitch isn't really there for him yet. 

Agreed... In terms of fantasy value wise Skubal certainly has more of it.  If I could trade Mize for Skubal + (which most leagues I'm sure you could) I'd be all over that.

14 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Agreed... In terms of fantasy value wise Skubal certainly has more of it.  If I could trade Mize for Skubal + (which most leagues I'm sure you could) I'd be all over that.

Yeah especially considering Mize's value right now may be the highest it will ever get for dynasty leagues. Worth looking into honestly. Not that I dislike Mize or anything, but there is value to be had. 

• Like 1

Another typical Skubal night: 5.2 IP 3H 2ER 1BB 11K, ho-hum...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Another typical Skubal night: 5.2 IP 3H 2ER 1BB 11K, ho-hum...

Yeah Scooby is an absolute beast.  Mize who?

Any chance he comes up in September or is it just gonna be Matt Manning this year?

3 hours ago, pbjfb said:

Any chance he comes up in September or is it just gonna be Matt Manning this year?

Don't think he'll get a sniff this year.  Also, I think the issue with Skubal not being ranked as highly is that there is concern in his secondary pitches.  I believe it was Kiley McDaniels during a recent FG chat that said that Skubal's fastball and command of it is one of the better ones in the minors, but there is concern about having a plus second pitch and likely needs to add an average to plus third offering before they will rank him higher.

• Thanks 1