Sign in to follow this  
diggernicks

Malik Monk 2019-2020 thread

Charlotte wanted him to play summer league and he declined according the the broadcast from a summer league hornets game i was watching,so he may be on his way out

MuscleWatch 2019 in full effect with the seasonal "20 pounds of muscle" claims:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/hornets-malik-monk-reportedly-adds-20-pounds/

Coach James Borrego said Tuesday that Monk has added 20 pounds of muscle over the offseason, Rod Boone of The Athletic reports.

Edited by s-kayos

Watching the games he's been very impressive. I just wish he'd get the steals rate up. Really liking the rebounds and assists as well and he's been shooting around 49% in the past week or two. 

Give me some steals along with those .5 blocks and he's looking beautiful. I have no idea what it is with Charlotte and their players struggling with steals.

Steaming this week- good upside play with ROS potential. Let’s see what he can do with this 4 game week.

Riding him one more game then gone. Strictly a streamer if he can’t get upset 20 mins. Batum is annoying.

Doing work vs the Bucks and had 20 points last game also. So inconsistent but damn the potential is legit 

Always struck me as a 6th man microwave scorer... Knicks had their eye on him and I wonder what he could do with free rein to chuck to his heart's content.

• Like 1

short-term stream for me, averaging 25.5 in his last 2 games playing in a new role... dropping derrick white for him or donte 

Edited by Sosa

11 hours ago, Sosa said:

short-term stream for me, averaging 25.5 in his last 2 games playing in a new role... dropping derrick white for him or donte 

Im really interested in picking him up. Im sure if he does well next game hes going to blow up in ownership.

As a NC native and being subject to many Hornets games (your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated), I'd put money on this thing not going anywhere. His career has been like this so far. A long string of duds with a few eye opening games in a short period and then going back to dud-city.

Edited by Nazyef
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Nazyef said:

As a NC native and being subject to many Hornets games (your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated), I'd put money on this thing not going anywhere. His career has been like this so far. A long string of duds with a few eye opening games in a short period and then going back to dud-city.

He's a pure scorer. Unless he gets traded it's hard seeing much upside.

Ballin lately ... might be time to grab?? Guys super inconsistent though

I'm buying in. Looks like he's doing a Westbrook and deciding to attack the basket more and more lately as opposed to shooting a lot. The Hornets are also going with a youth movement apparently, so he'll be getting more run.

Hot hand. Cannot be happier adding him. Ride him until it falls off. 

• Like 1

looks like he finally figured this nba stuff out

1 hour ago, csklmf said:

Hot hand. Cannot be happier adding him. Ride him until it falls off. 

Pause. But same

This guy isn't even settling, he just keeps attacking the rim! Already exceeded my expectations for him this game!

29min

7-13FGM 2-5 3PTM FTs 9-9

25/6/3

Could be Donovan-Lite in my eyes when his averages round out.