Sign in to follow this  
nlm

Players to target for the second half

I did a quick forum search, and didn't find any topics like this one, so I thought it might be useful.

Just a thread where you can chime your .2 in on second half performers, and those you expect to have nice second halves.... I'll get the ball rolling with a few.

I'll get the ball rolling with a few...

Andrew Benintendi 
Ozzie Albies
Jose Abreu
Mark Melancon (you heard it here--he'll be the Giants primary closer IMHO when Will Smith and others are dealt, while his contract sits like a brick)
Scott Kingery

Add Craig Stammen to my initial list as well. The Padres just don't seem ready to me, and a Yates trade would not shock me the least. Stammen already has 4 vulture saves.

56 minutes ago, nlm said:

I did a quick forum search, and didn't find any topics like this one, so I thought it might be useful.

Just a thread where you can chime your .2 in on second half performers, and those you expect to have nice second halves.... I'll get the ball rolling with a few.

I'll get the ball rolling with a few...

Andrew Benintendi 
Ozzie Albies
Jose Abreu
Mark Melancon (you heard it here--he'll be the Giants primary closer IMHO when Will Smith and others are dealt, while his contract sits like a brick)
Scott Kingery

ohhh Jimmy Two Times over here.

....I'll add Aaron Hicks to your list to your list

:)

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

lmao. I don't even know how I typo'd that :D

Seriously has me laughing so hard over here

Edited by nlm
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nlm said:

Add Craig Stammen to my initial list as well. The Padres just don't seem ready to me, and a Yates trade would not shock me the least. Stammen already has 4 vulture saves.

2 games out for the wild card they are right in the thick of it all. Getting a pretty good stud pitcher back in Lamet also. 

• Like 1

Jose Altuve, Blake Snell, Khris Davis, Justin Upton, Danny Jansen (pick him up), etc.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I'll throw in Miguel Sano. He looks like he could beast in the second half with a good lineup around him and he may not be too expensive just yet, as he recently came off a bad stretch where they were actively trying to adjust his swing at the Major League level.

• Like 2

J.D. Martinez - Solid enough first half, but the power wasn't quite what we expected in the first half. Unless his back has never really stopped barking, there's no excuses for the 2nd half.

Yordan Alvarez - Yikes, that is all I will say.

Jean Segura - Had a decent first half, but was mostly a disappointment until the last few weeks.

Shane Bieber - Already had a great first half, but in the 2nd half he officially becomes the new Corey Kluber.

Danny Jansen - Well, duh

Oscar Mercado - He finally gets the green light... at some point.

Chance Sisco - Is he just hot or is he the next Gary Sanchez?  Dunno about the latter, but he's been great after finally getting solid playing time.

• Like 1

Off the top of my head...

Yordan Alvarez - monster

Eugenio Suarez - not this bad and will turn it around

Aaron Nola - back to ace form

Bryce Harper - started heating up last couple weeks. Will continue

Yasiel Puig - continues his recent hot stretch

Eloy Jimenez - slowly adjusting and figuring it out

Corey Seager - Started getting hot before getting hurt

Brandon Woodruff - has been solid but will have dominant second half

• Like 1

Vlad Guerrero Jr.

Benintendi

EE

Also, Clevinger. Somewhat forgotten by those that don't own him due to injury but I think he could really shove it in the 2nd half.

29 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

i remember back in his day, this current topic ALWAYS had to begin with mr. adam laroche....lol

his career 2nd half splits were simply comical

I remember that.  Edwin E has always been a much better player in the second half as well. 

• Like 1

For believers, I'd say Austin Meadows. He's been putrid for a month and a half now and could probably be had on the cheap in redrafts. Those of us who had him during his insane run to start the year are really hoping he finds his form again.

Aaron Bummer.

This year's Leclerc/Kirby Yates

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Aaron Bummer.

This year's Leclerc/Kirby Yates

big IF....if they trade Colome

Eugenio Suarez, Justin Turner, Wheeler, Sano

Also think JD and Acuna are both top 5 hitters ROS. Not really a bold prediction but neither has played like it (acuna has started to) and both are underperforming their xba/xslg/xwoba by a decent amount 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Anybody think Voit comes back and just mashes?

I don't see how he couldn't with that Yankee lineup.  There's no way they can pitch around him so Voit should have every opportunity to take advantage of his spot in that deep lineup.

Yu Darvish 

Zach Wheeler 

Odor 

Alex Bregman (won’t come super cheap but elite K:BB, .245 BABIP, will have monster second half.  Would overpay to acquire)

Encarncion (power is nice but typically second half hitter.  .199 BABIP, should have nice run on average)

Matt Carpenter (I’m still buying because price should be nothing.  After last years run it’s worth at least giving 2-3 weeks in second half to seeing if he can go on a tear)

Khrush Davis (battled some ailments, most consistent source of power.  Wouldn’t shock me if he hit 25 homers in second half)

Lance Lynn (3.91 era, 2.98 Fip, walk rate way down, strong K rate.  Type of SP that people typically undervalue so good target as a throw in on trades).

• Like 1