Sign in to follow this  
nlm

Players to target for the second half

2 hours ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Amir Garrett

Think he gets saves or just for dominant ratios as a setup man?

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Think he gets saves or just for dominant ratios as a setup man?

Begin dominant ratios as a setup man and saves mid august 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Syndergaard?

He's hard to get excited for because we've all been waiting for that huge season for so long but injuries have cut him down. Now he's healthy and he's having a down year. Frustrating.

But at 26 and his skills still very much intact, you'd have to think that the big season(s) is/are still coming sooner or later.  Maybe he has a big half.

Edited by sportsfreak2744

46 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Syndergaard?

If he stays with the Mets, strong no. Goes to Milwaukee or San Diego, maybe. Goes to Houston, buy buy buy buy buy. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

If he stays with the Mets, strong no. Goes to Milwaukee or San Diego, maybe. Goes to Houston, buy buy buy buy buy. 

Agreed.  He’s toast as a Met in terms of he won’t get much better than the stat line he’s outputting now.  He needs a fresh staff to look at him and make adjustments.  The no slider stuff has made him turn into largely hittable as he makes his way through a second and third time around.  His numbers with RISP and men on base are abysmal also.  He’s a buy in real life as there’s enough talent to turn around, in fantasy though he’s a hold me until he leaves the Mets.  

2 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

big IF....if they trade Colome

The Sox are about to kick off a 10 game road trip against OAK, KC, and TB.  Then they’ll have a 9 game homestand vs MIA, MIN, and NYM to close out the month.  Their current record is 42-44.  If they come out of this road trip at 48-48 with the Marlins on tap, I think they keep Colome.  If they flop and go even further under .500 in this trip, then I suppose that snatching up Bummer would be a wise move.  It’s probably wise just to snatch him up now.  

I’ve been adamant that they should not trade Colome.  He’s been amazing despite the fact that his K/9 is weak (when it’s normally pretty decent), and the White Sox should be ready to compete for the division next season.  However, if they can rob someone blind and get a key player that’s ready to contribute next year, then I guess I’ll acquiesce a bit.  But if it’s some fringe Top 150 prospect that’s 2-3 years away, then I’m not in favor of a trade.

• Like 3

I havent seen anyone mention Matt Olson. Already been fantastic of late even just after coming back from Hanmate surgery. Its known it take a few months for the power to fully come back. Matt could reach 50 HRs with the new ball and his power fully back. Yes 50.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

I havent seen anyone mention Matt Olson. Already been fantastic of late even just after coming back from Hanmate surgery. Its known it take a few months for the power to fully come back. Matt could reach 50 HRs with the new ball and his power fully back. Yes 50.

He's simply one of the best power hitters in baseball.

9 hours ago, nlm said:

Add Craig Stammen to my initial list as well. The Padres just don't seem ready to me, and a Yates trade would not shock me the least. Stammen already has 4 vulture saves.

Barring complete collapse I'll be shocked if Yates is dealt.

1 hour ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Begin dominant ratios as a setup man and saves mid august 

Re: Garrett and cincy bullpen. 

They should move Iglesias.

57 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Barring complete collapse I'll be shocked if Yates is dealt.

You don't think a SD team about a year away (realistically) wouldn't jump to capitalize on a closer having a career year? (Not that he isn't a very, very good reliever.)

Just curious. I know the Pads are only 2 out of the wild card, but it's going to be bunched.

43 minutes ago, nlm said:

You don't think a SD team about a year away (realistically) wouldn't jump to capitalize on a closer having a career year? (Not that he isn't a very, very good reliever.)

Just curious. I know the Pads are only 2 out of the wild card, but it's going to be bunched.

If they got overwhelmed, sure.  Otherwise, I don't see them moving him.  I don't think they contact anybody about him, but if somebody calls them up with a ridiculoous offer, then maybe.

They clearly believe they can be a contender, otherwise they wouldn't have went out and spent the money they did this offseason.  I don't think a team that spent all that money Machado, and not just as a publicity stunt, is looking to sell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nlm said:

I think they are what their record says they are,  a slightly above .500 team (with Tatis in the lineup) with potential for a little more now that manny is playing like himself.

Yes, they'll be better next year as I really think the bullpen is light. 

As the above poster mentioned if they get blown away they'll consider moving him but they want to win the division next year.   Can they move Yates and still do that? 

16 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I think they are what their record says they are,  a slightly above .500 team (with Tatis in the lineup) with potential for a little more now that manny is playing like himself.

Yes, they'll be better next year as I really think the bullpen is light. 

As the above poster mentioned if they get blown away they'll consider moving him but they want to win the division next year.   Can they move Yates and still do that? 

I don’t see anyone in that pen who could do half of what Yates has done.  I wouldn’t want Stammen as my closer.  He sucks.  More hits than IP, mediocre K rate.  Wingenter looks good though.  Yates and him is a good building block bullpen wise.  Unless they get like a Chapman Cubs package a few years ago they’re better off keeping Yates.  If they get  Hand 2018 trade value, not coming close to trading Yates.

Edited by Cmilne23

1 hour ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Twins pitching.  That division is awful

Michael Pineda is a good one. Hes been turning on of late with increased velocity and the slider and splitter looking sharp

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Michael Pineda is a good one. Hes been turning on of late with increased velocity and the slider and splitter looking sharp

Fastball is straight as an arrow and a gutless pitch.  If command on secondary pitches is slightly off he can turn into Michael Piñata quickly.  Margin for error very low.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1