Sign in to follow this  
tonywow

Which SP do you like most ? WHIR

Which SP do you like most and who is your second choice ?

Gallen, Peacock, Canning, Quintana, Gibson, Lamet, Gio, Valdez, Roark.

Some promising young SPs like Gallen and Canning, also some solid vets coming back this week like Peacock and Gio. Quintana has been meh but could get better, Lamet was ok first start back, Roark has been solid.

Was looking to add more SP as some other teams have a couple more than I do. Curious who are your favorites from the list above. 

C- Sanchez 1B- Pete Alonso 2B- McNeil 3B- Suarez SS- Tatis

OF- Judge OF- Eloy OF- Starling Marte UT Mondesi UT Didi

BN- Kingery, Chavis, Luke Voit DL  Pence

SP- deGrom, Hendricks, Soroka, Giolito, Means, Lynn, Paddack, Fiers

RP- Felipe, Neris, DL Eovaldi 

German Marquez was just dropped, but will be on waivers for several days. Not sure where he fits among the other SPs I listed ROS with you guys. He was good last year but hasn't been that great this season. I guess he could have a good second half, but you can say that about anyone, he's still in a very SP unfriendly division and bad home park.

Gallen- ip limit, plays on bad team, rookie ups and downs

Peacock- kind of like a box of chocolate

Canning- ip limit, rookie ups and downs

Quintana- same as Peaccock

Gibson- not a fan

Lamet- TJ surgery, ups and downs, upside though      (2nd choice)

Gio- not a fan

Valdez- ip limit, might not stay in rotation 

Roark- looks good so far, if reds falter could be traded to better team. (1st choice)

• Like 1

Just now, Monkeyman74 said:

I like Gallen then Marquez unless your SOLE need is K's

Pitching is W ERA WHIP K SV with no inning or start limits for H2H. I like Gallen but I'm a little worried I'd have too many young SPs since I have Soroka, Means, Paddack. Not knowing when any of them could get shut down for any innings limits they may be on. Why I thought maybe I should go with a vet. Glad to get some opinions from others, thanks for reply.

28 minutes ago, Chauncey said:

Gallen- ip limit, plays on bad team, rookie ups and downs

Peacock- kind of like a box of chocolate

Canning- ip limit, rookie ups and downs

Quintana- same as Peaccock

Gibson- not a fan

Lamet- TJ surgery, ups and downs, upside though      (2nd choice)

Gio- not a fan

Valdez- ip limit, might not stay in rotation 

Roark- looks good so far, if reds falter could be traded to better team. (1st choice)

I read among other SPs, Roark is on Boston's radar, could get a nice boost if traded. Thanks for the reply.

24 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Pitching is W ERA WHIP K SV with no inning or start limits for H2H. I like Gallen but I'm a little worried I'd have too many young SPs since I have Soroka, Means, Paddack. Not knowing when any of them could get shut down for any innings limits they may be on. Why I thought maybe I should go with a vet. Glad to get some opinions from others, thanks for reply.

Marquez

• Like 1

Gallen, Peacock, Canning, Quintana, Gibson, Lamet, Gio, Valdez, Roark Marquez....

That's an interesting list of names...  I'm assuming this is redraft, my answer might change for a keeper.

I think I go Marquez first because he just has the highest upside here. 

Quintana and Gibson are probably the most boring and the most stable. 

Roark feels like he's pitching over his head right now even though the numbers are nice.  His ERA is nice but his SIERA and xFIP are a full run higher.  He's also giving up the highest hard contact % of his career.  I'm honestly not sure a potential move to the AL East here is a positive.

Canning/Gallen are rookies and will have ups and downs.  I love both long term, but for just this season.... I'm not all that enthusiastic.  

Peacock/Valdez will be wildly inconsistent but at least play for a good team.  I don't think I like really owning them but I do like picking matchups.

Lamet is extremely interesting to me based on some of the numbers he was putting up on his rehab.  This might be your second highest cieling in the bunch for this year but he is coming off TJS and could struggle....

Gio... no thanks.

Long story short:  I'm going 1) Marquez 2) Lamet here.  I'd be willing to move on from Lamet quickly if needed but he's at least worth a try to see what he has.  That stable of names should provide some nice streaming possibilities and I'd wager at least a few of them will be avaialble for a bit since that's alot of names.

GL

• Like 1

thank you for mine. I think Marquez kills you with ERA/WHIP in Colorado and you can get K's from other names here. I wouldn't do it.

Here's my general outlook on this situation. It seems like there are plenty of options on waivers here. If one of these guys struggles, who cares? Just replace them with one of many options here. I would go for upside personally. My top pick is Lamet here. Really high upside and he won't be limited with innings. After that I think you gamble on either Canning or Gallen. I would personally go with Canning at least for now since he's shown flashes and it seems like they are really giving him a chance there. Gallen is intriguing but we're not sure if he'll stay up or what they are doing with that entire lineup. But he's worth a shot too.

Everyone else is just boring and will always be on waivers if you need them. None of them are breaking out, you're not losing anything by passing on them. I always go for high upside.

• Like 1

I actually think I'd go with Lamet as well. High upside and great pitchers ballpark.  Marquez probably has the most talent of the bunch but I just personally won't ride the Coors Field roller coaster.  After that I like Canning. I think he settles in and has a really nice 2nd half. Of course there will be ups and downs like any rookie pitcher, but I think he'll be good more times than not given his swing-and-miss stuff.  If it weren't for the innings limit, he'd probably be my favorite.  And after those I'd probably go with Roark if you're just looking for a steady veteran. Not a ton of upside but you pretty much know you'll get decent numbers from him.

Thanks for your help with mine.

• Like 1

Marquez - start with care

Lamet - grab and see how he does for a couple starts

Meh:

Gibson

Quintana

Roark

Peacock

Gallen

Canning

Yuck:

Gio 

Valdez

• Like 1

Marquez, Gallen, Canning, Gibson, maybe Peacock

You can ignore the others. They will have good games but mostly streamers

• Like 1

Roark and Lamet.  I love Lamet before injury and he looks like he's rehabbing well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Marquez, Gallen, Canning, Gibson, maybe Peacock

You can ignore the others. They will have good games but mostly streamers

Oops did not see Lamet there. I would slot him in 2nd after Marquez and before Gallen