Sign in to follow this  
kwelch

Bubba Starling 2019 Outlook

I want a "Bubba" on my team!

We'll see how he does but with PT could be a nice little combo of hitting and speed.

I'm not getting my hopes but I hope things go well for him. After all these years it seems like the odds are against him, but, who knows. Crazier things have happened.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There's no way he's worse than billy hamilton, right? lol 

But seriously, loved this guy back in the day.  I hate he's struggled as much as he has in his pro career.  He's extremely athletic.  Unfortunately the comp is probably Buxton except a slightly worse hitter and fielder haha.  In all honesty he should've played football.  He was like a 4-5 star QB but chose baseball.

Edited by Wytchclt55

1 hour ago, dan said:

I'm not getting my hopes but I hope things go well for him. After all these years it seems like the odds are against him, but, who knows. Crazier things have happened.

1 month from 27 but I agree you never know.  When Starling was a top prospect is when I first started really following prospects and if I remember correctly he was one of those high-risk high-reward types with great tools but not much track record.  Fangraphs has his future value as a 35+. Ouch.

Posted (edited)

If Merrifield could, Bubba can.  Well if Leurys Garcia is your only back-up CF then you hope Bubba can anyway.

But even more important he can now be on my imaginary MLB All Animal team right there in the OF next to Mike Trout and Jimmie Foxx ... or not.  (Move over, Mike Carp, you are about to be de-throned ... maybe).

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

49 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

If Merrifield could, Bubba can.  Well if Leurys Garcia is your only back-up CF then you hope Bubba can anyway.

But even more important he can now be on my imaginary MLB All Animal team right there in the OF next to Mike Trout and Jimmie Foxx ... or not.  (Move over, Mike Carp, you are about to be de-throned ... maybe).

Today I learned a Starling was an animal. These threads man....lol

What a great baseball story with him finally making the big show. He was a stud prospect (drafted in 2011 I think?) and almost quit baseball in 2017. 

Welcome to the majors, "kid"!

• Like 2

Man when I saw this thread I had to go outside and check if my delorean was still parked where I left it next week. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Man when I saw this thread I had to go outside and check if my delorean was still parked where I left it next week. 

How's your sidekick 2 working these days? 

Wow.  Forgot this guy still baseballs

Bubba Starling remains the only high school player ever drafted in my keeper league.  Not even Bryce was drafted by us while still in HS.

• Like 1

Back to the outlook lol.. Anybody taking a shot on him?

Fairly impressive in AAA this year: .310, 7 HRs, 9 steals in 261 ABs, PCL of course

Solid enough start so far, 8/23 .319 1 HR 3 RBIs 1 SB and 9 runs. Anyone buying in deeper leagues?