hard1

Tony Pollard 2019 Outlook

I'm holding onto Pollard for at least the first 2 weeks of the season. Get to see how many touches he's getting if any and what he's doing with these touches.

Just now, MovingTheChains said:

I'm holding onto Pollard for at least the first 2 weeks of the season. Get to see how many touches he's getting if any and what he's doing with these touches.

I own Pollard and may very well hold, but he will not ever be startable with Zeke healthy.

20 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

I have zeke and i'm holding Pollard. Always cuff your best RB.

One of the league’s best handcuffs.

45 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

I have zeke and i'm holding Pollard. Always cuff your best RB when the team is such that the cuff would be comparable.

Fixed it for you.

My main league has small benches so I can't afford to roster a pure handcuff- I offered Pollard to the Zeke owner for Kalen Ballage.  I think that's the play here- see if you can get a late round lottery ticket or running back in an uncertain situation (ballage, matt breida, peyton barber) for Pollard.  Someone who you'll know within a week or two what you have.

• Like 1

Just now, Felicia's Bye said:

My main league has small benches so I can't afford to roster a pure handcuff- I offered Pollard to the Zeke owner for Kalen Ballage.  I think that's the play here- see if you can get a late round lottery ticket or running back in an uncertain situation (ballage, matt breida, peyton barber) for Pollard.  Someone who you'll know within a week or two what you have.

Agreed- if you can still get that.  The window for selling high is dead-  but there’s still time to get something maybe. 

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Agreed- if you can still get that.  The window for selling high is dead-  but there’s still time to get something maybe. 

Agreed.  The Zeke owner in my league just had a baby so I'm hoping he's distracted and not following the latest news. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Felicia's Bye said:

You got the right idea, and it doesn’t hurt to try. But no chance in hell would you get someone like Breida off me for Pollard. That’s the risk you took by passing guys with season long value for a guy who could potentially be worth nothing before September even ends.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Drafted him yesterday only to drop him today. It's been fun boys

Bad move

• Like 1

I think y'all are jumping ship too soon.  Reports comparing this guy to Kamara.  He looked good in preseason.  Im still skeptical that Zeke is in football shape and ready to go 100%.  Even with Zeke reporting I still think they'll find a role for him and he can be an RB3.  I can't think of 36 other RB's I'd rather have at this point than Pollard

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GriffeySwag said:

You got the right idea, and it doesn’t hurt to try. But no chance in hell would you get someone like Breida off me for Pollard. That’s the risk you took by passing guys with season long value for a guy who could potentially be worth nothing before September even ends.

Breida is definitely a reach, but was ranked extremely low on some platforms at the time most people drafted, so I threw him in.  I've found that whatever a player's ADP was when they were drafted--even if their situation has changed entirely--influences people more than it should.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Bad move

Why? Even if Pollard plays, its only going to be this weekend and I doubt he sees much action. Maybe 10-12 touches. Zeke is flying back to sign a deal and has been training in Cabo. He should be ready to go Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

I think y'all are jumping ship too soon.  Reports comparing this guy to Kamara.  He looked good in preseason.  Im still skeptical that Zeke is in football shape and ready to go 100%.  Even with Zeke reporting I still think they'll find a role for him and he can be an RB3.  I can't think of 36 other RB's I'd rather have at this point than Pollard

Almost Every running back in this class has been compared to kamara

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Why? Even if Pollard plays, its only going to be this weekend and I doubt he sees much action. Maybe 10-12 touches. Zeke is flying back to sign a deal and has been training in Cabo. He should be ready to go Sunday. 

Zeke could tear his acl, Zeke can have an off field issue, Pollard could carve out a roll and be a PPR play in your flex, no one knows yet, give it a week or two before you start making crazy decisions

3 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Zeke could tear his acl, Zeke can have an off field issue, Pollard could carve out a roll and be a PPR play in your flex, no one knows yet, give it a week or two before you start making crazy decisions

Any player in the league can tear his ACL. Are you going to run around drafting them all? Only reason drafting Pollard made sense is if you were a worried Zeke owner. I own Zeke and I wasn't worried at the draft yesterday. I chose to draft Shady to handcuff Williams instead of Pollard to Zeke. Its not like the Gordon situation, there was never a real chance Pollard started. Zeke is never injured, so if you are just looking to drat a backup hoping for an injury, Pollard is a terrible choice. Much better options out there. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Almost Every running back in this class has been compared to kamara

He's the 2019 Kawhi Leonard of football.

2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Any player in the league can tear his ACL. Are you going to run around drafting them all? Only reason drafting Pollard made sense is if you were a worried Zeke owner. I own Zeke and I wasn't worried at the draft yesterday. I chose to draft Shady to handcuff Williams instead of Pollard to Zeke. Its not like the Gordon situation, there was never a real chance Pollard started. Zeke is never injured, so if you are just looking to drat a backup hoping for an injury, Pollard is a terrible choice. Much better options out there. 

Terrible choice?  Pollard is an elite handcuff.  One of few in the NFL would would take over a strong run-heavy offense with no committee.  

35 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

It’s far more likely he has zero value other than a cuff in the next 36 hrs.   Abandon delusions of grandeur and get whatever u can right now. 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Terrible choice?  Pollard is an elite handcuff.  One of few in the NFL would would take over a strong run-heavy offense with no committee.  

this. 

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

It’s far more likely he has zero value other than a cuff in the next 36 hrs.   Abandon delusions of grandeur and get whatever u can right now. 

but ... also ^ that. 

ahhhhh, yes - 'tis the season of magick foosball conundrums, in'nit?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Yes let's nit pick what I said as if Zeke doesn't have off the field issues and can't ever get suspended either, that possibility could never happen. Pollard is an elite cuff right now, and please tell me what other options could I possibly get on the waiver wire? Other than maybe justice hill? Even then I don't understand how could justice hill be on the waiver wire unless your on a low bench 10 team league or low bench in 12 team.

Zeke is never injured? Did you own him last year? Several times last year towards the tail end he was breaking down. I remember him limping off the field several times towards the end. He definitely has miles on those wheels btw. Don't know if you knew that 🥴🥴

And its not just a backup, he's a backup in an elite o line with clearly no competition behind him.

Obviously you would cuff your rbs lmao, "I choose to cuff Damien Williams with McCoy" duh why wouldn't you lmao,

And let Pollard go into the hands of the Zeke owner lmao c'mon dude think for a second, keep him and see what happens, maybe you can get something out of him. Before irrationally dropping him