hard1

Tony Pollard 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, hard1 said:

Yes from all accounts Morris is being pimped by the owner and staff.... said no one this year.... while I don't know what kind of carries pollard can handle not one person has made any kind of deal about Alf Morris getting carries....

It doesn't have to be Morris.  As i said in my post earlier, keep an eye on Darius Jackson. He's fought for a few years now to make this roster and others.  I can agree there isn't anything all that flashy to look at beyond the speedster Pollard. But that won't stop the Cowboys from using other RBs, esp smart vet RB's that understand the system.  Zeke has made up a staggering % of the Cowboys offensive production in his time in Dallas. To assume a guy like Pollard just steps into that role is foolish.  I don't care who's on the roster behind him. Maybe Morris gets knocked off this roster, but its going to be bc either A.) Zeke is extended or B.) Jackson and Weber out play Morris in the remaining preseason. 

• Like 1

Until the contract is signed, there is always hope....

Kinda sucks, was thinking he would be a nice 1-3 week play until Zeke came back

Oh Cinderella, it’s almost midnight...

I floated an offer to the Zeke owner just yesterday knowing he wouldn’t accept but that’s because he never trades. Sigh ...

Assuming Zeke signs, do we think he’s still a viable third down guy just to keep Zeke fresh, or is he now merely a handcuff? Maybe Zeke isn’t in game shape and Pollard could be a viable flex for the first few games? In any case, his value is starting to decline.

1 hour ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

I don't know.

I really don't think Pollard was ever going to be a full time player.  I see him still capable of being a poor man's Kamara....maybe a very poor man lol.

Either way, IF the Cowboys give Zeke a big, long term deal, it would seem to reason that maybe they'll work harder to preserve him and try to lessen his workload.  And that's where Pollard comes in.

I could see him taking a few series a game and being something like an Austin Ekeler in SD.  Maybe he could push some very low end flex value if he could make some efficient plays and be decent Zeke handoff.

Zeke signing would push him off people's radars though and make him easier to scoop him with last picks in the draft. 

1 hour ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Zeke is not signing a contract that's less than any RB in the league.

The Pollard train is still running.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Oh how I hope this is true. Zeke’s ego won’t allow him to do that, and Jer-uh is too stubborn to cave. Fingers crossed still! 

Still would be a hold even if he does come back. Seems like a lot of guys have soft tissue injuries when they don't work themselves back slowly through training camp.

8 minutes ago, hard1 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/2019/08/cowboys-tony-pollard-confident-replacing-ezekiel-elliott/amp/

It'll be a shame when zeke signs to push this kid back so I hope they offer him to tampa.... my pipe dream...

Pollard isn't being offered to Tampa (or any team) and Dallas didn't draft him in anticipation of a Zeke holdout.  They used a 4th round pick on him because they think he is good and can help them even if Zeke plays.  Think of him as a potential Tarik Cohen role or Joker type player - return game, some catches, etc.  Whether that is reason enough to draft him depends on the depth of your league.  In a dynasty league, he's a great asset.  In PPR leagues I think he's worthy of a roster spot in 12-teamers and definitely 14-teamers right now, even if Zeke signs while I'm typing this.

There was a report about a month ago that Dallas was planning on getting him some touches even as the #2 RB.  He has "joker" appeal regardless.  That's why I haven't been in here saying "get this guy because Zeke's not going to play."  Rather, I think there's upside either way.

8 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Pollard isn't being offered to Tampa (or any team) and Dallas didn't draft him in anticipation of a Zeke holdout.  They used a 4th round pick on him because they think he is good and can help them even if Zeke plays.  Think of him as a potential Tarik Cohen role or Joker type player - return game, some catches, etc.  Whether that is reason enough to draft him depends on the depth of your league.  In a dynasty league, he's a great asset.  In PPR leagues I think he's worthy of a roster spot in 12-teamers and definitely 14-teamers right now, even if Zeke signs while I'm typing this.

There was a report about a month ago that Dallas was planning on getting him some touches even as the #2 RB.  He has "joker" appeal regardless.  That's why I haven't been in here saying "get this guy because Zeke's not going to play."  Rather, I think there's upside either way.

I'm aware what there plan was I started this thread before the holdout.  I'm just saying I think he's a good kid heck of a player.... my perfect world he and Bruce Arians hold hands...

there's a reason they call this guy, "Twitch McHammer"

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

there's a reason they call this guy, "Twitch McHammer"

Why

Just now, hard1 said:

Why

When he was in elementary school, he would lose interest in class and fall asleep.  And the teacher and students would laugh at him when he twitched in his sleep.  One day, he woke up and out of anger, beat the teacher with a hammer that he had in his backpack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Why

or maybe because, "Sparks McRhino" was already taken

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

On 8/9/2019 at 7:59 PM, this guy right here said:

The Cowboys are contenders in the NFC + Jerry wants to win + Jerry wants his stars on the field + Zeke is a star that the cowboys need to win =

Zeke gets paid before the season starts.

I expect Zeke to return, but wow, this Tony Pollard guy looks amazing. Between him, Mattison and Darwin, there are some fun rookie RBs this year. But wow, this guy really looks good. 

13 minutes ago, jetfan1983 said:

I expect Zeke to return, but wow, this Tony Pollard guy looks amazing. Between him, Mattison and Darwin, there are some fun rookie RBs this year. But wow, this guy really looks good. 

Yeah I agree, as a Zeke owner it’s killing me. Damn July drafts. 

1 minute ago, UcanTry said:

Yeah I agree, as a Zeke owner it’s killing me. Damn July drafts. 

Yea I know how you feel. I have the 4th pick in one of my FFPC main event drafts, and I was all psyched about it knowing Zeke was probably coming back, but now that Pollard looks so good, we at the very least can probably safely take the under on Zeke catching 70+ balls again.

Still though, overall, Dallas looks like a good football team. That'll benefit Zeke big time. He should still have a very big year despite Pollard's talent, who we shouldn't forget, cannot block worth crap. It does look like Dallas is (perhaps wisely) not asking him to block at all tonight though. I've only seen him run routes out of the backfield in this game, and if the kid can't block, maybe that's what they should be doing with him, playing to his strengths.