smeeze

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If he is active this Sunday night, is it a wait and see week, or play him sight unseen in such a barren TE landscape?

OJ Howard is my backup. I dont care if Henry is paralyzed from the waist down, he is in.

Edit: we both made fun of OJ at the same exact time.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If he is active this Sunday night, is it a wait and see week, or play him sight unseen in such a barren TE landscape?

The latter. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bearcatcheech said:

And this is why I picked him up Last week, will be picked up like fire this week and next

Same here.  I'm hoping for a miracle and he plays this week since I have Engram, otherwise I'll have to pick up a 3rd TE, yuk!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Too fragile. Good bye week filler and nothing more.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Same here.  I'm hoping for a miracle and he plays this week since I have Engram, otherwise I'll have to pick up a 3rd TE, yuk!

Have to watch the practice reports.  How is Pitt at stopping opposing TEs?

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Have to watch the practice reports.  How is Pitt at stopping opposing TEs?

Middle of the pack. Currently ranked 16th on Yahoo. But the addition of Minkah Fitzpatrick definitely makes them better equipped at handling opposing TEs.

• Thanks 1

I'd be shocked if he played this week. I'd lean towards the bolts playing it very carefully with HH due to his injury history.

Henry is that last hope for a decent TE off the waivers. 

Picked him up because OJ sucks.

Keep close eye on practice reports. If he practices this week and puts in at least one full day i think he plays. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56

whats strange is this injury he has supposedly takes months to heal but when the chargers announced 4-6 weeks it must not have been that type of injury or somewhat less severe....the fact he was moving around last week is huge...fingers crossed today

if you go back 3 weeks i was saying this exact thing. he wasnt placed on IR, there was no news "which is good news" , everything seemed to be flying under the radar a bit too much for the injury to have actually been what they called it. dont mean to toot my own horn but i called this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reports are that he was working off to the side but hasn't had any practice reps yet, so I think this weekend sounds doubtful.  But week 7 should be a go.  I wonder if this will be a case of managing his reps slowly until he gets back up to speed and in game shape, like how they seem to be handling Melvin Gordon.

I think though given the barren TE landscape, he is the last hope off the waiver wire.  Even if you have a Kelce/Kittle/etc., consider grabbing him with the possibility of maybe working a trade or just as injury insurance.

7 minutes ago, kball09 said:

You assumed him not being placed on the IR meant a more reasonable recovery time?! Where can I sign up for your newsletter?

Dude if it was serious they would have put him on short term IR....they didnt...that usually means they think he will be back before 8 weeks....its no guarantee but thats what you should be thinking in this type of situation  

maybe the fact that he wasnt placed on IR, his injury per doctors would be season ending therefore i assumed the injury diagnosis the chargers gave the public was extreme and not quite accurate which is why he wasnt placed on IR , thirdly the team kept hush hush about it, i always assume no news is good news especially with an injury. they typically will tell you if he is going to be out for the year withing a 2 week span that never happened, the timeline never changed by the chargers. so yes i actually made a decent call here with the information i was seeing.. anything else you would like to add of value? 

2 minutes ago, bearcatcheech said:

maybe the fact that he wasnt placed on IR, his injury per doctors would be season ending therefore i assumed the injury diagnosis the chargers gave the public was extreme and not quite accurate which is why he wasnt placed on IR , thirdly the team kept hush hush about it, i always assume no news is good news especially with an injury. they typically will tell you if he is going to be out for the year withing a 2 week span that never happened, the timeline never changed by the chargers. so yes i actually made a decent call here with the information i was seeing.. anything else you would like to add of value? 

He's not even back yet. Relax before you pull something patting yourself on the back.

53 minutes ago, Power-O said:

Dude if it was serious they would have put him on short term IR....they didnt...that usually means they think he will be back before 8 weeks....its no guarantee but thats what you should be thinking in this type of situation  

Right......that's the point......

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

Right......that's the point......

you were sarcastic about it...at least thats how i read it...glad we are on the same page

• Thanks 1

Just now, Power-O said:

you were sarcastic about it...at least thats how i read it...glad we are on the same page

We are. I was just being a slight dick to that guy for predicting something that was highly predictable based on the Chargers actions. Here's hoping Henry shows some of that 5th round value we all thought he may have before the season started.

• Like 1

Well the Chargers have practice today.  So let's see if Hunter Henry is out there...

Can we rename this thread to "Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook / OJ Howard Owners Support Group"?

Thanks in advance.

• Haha 2

Id be stunned if he played this week. Too bad, hed be great trade bait on anyone that missed out on Everett (Waller bye, Hockensen & Engram hurt, Howard worthless).