smeeze

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, pierceNKC said:

you can't seriously start him this week can you?

It will indeed be a huge risk, as the coach as already basically said he will play "a few plays" (per Rotowire) if he's able to play on Sunday night.

Obviously things could change depending on how the game is going and how he feels during the game, but there's no way anybody can deny that Henry is a risk for this week if he plays.

Still, he's a great pickup for future weeks, and worth the gamble if you have absolutely no other worthwhile option for this week.  Depending on how low you have to go if you have a TE on a bye week (or injured), I would say he'd be no worse of a gamble than some of those.

Unless you have to absolutely gamble on him, I'd hold and wait a week to see how it pans out.

(Might be easy for me to say as Everett is my other option.)

1 minute ago, Don Andres said:

Unless you have to absolutely gamble on him, I'd hold and wait a week to see how it pans out.

(Might be easy for me to say as Everett is my other option.)

Yeah Engram went down and the waiver wire is putrid. I'm hoping limited snaps means he's playing on downs where he might get targets and block less. Gut feeling is he can't be much worse and has much better upside going forward even if he gooses me this week.

Think I’ll play him and hope for a few red zone series. Rather not drop someone semi useful for some WW garbage. Thanks Chris Herndon you stupid F face! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It will indeed be a huge risk, as the coach as already basically said he will play "a few plays" (per Rotowire) if he's able to play on Sunday night.

How much of a risk can it possibly be?  It's not like anyone is debating Henry or Kelce, if anyone is debating Henry they are debating between him and someone like OJ Howard, Kyle Rudolph, Tyler Eifert, Trey Burton.  All the guys that anyone is debating between all suck and most likely won't score much anyways.  The upside with Henry compared to any of those guys is way higher, even on a limited snap count.  Henry may do nothing and get a zero, but the other options are usually getting you between 3-6 points.  I say there's no risk at all.

Edited by TommyKramer

1 minute ago, TommyKramer said:

How much of a risk can it possibly be?  It's not like anyone is debating Henry or Kelce, if anyone is debating Henry they are debating between him and someone like OJ Howard, Kyle Rudolph, Tyler Eifert, Trey Burton.  All the guys that anyone is debating between all suck and most likely won't score much anyways.  The upside with Henry compared to those any of those guys is way higher, even on a limited snap count.  Henry may do nothing and get a zero, but the other options are usually getting you between 3-6 points.  I say there's no risk at all.

yea it just depends on how limited we are talking. Hopefully we get something more qualitative between now and lineup lock. Because limited could mean 10 plays (no thanks) or it could be 25-30 (sure)

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

yea it just depends on how limited we are talking. Hopefully we get something more qualitative between now and lineup lock. Because limited could mean 10 plays (no thanks) or it could be 25-30 (sure)

If I knew he'd be playing at all, I'd probably take my chances. We could see him inactive, or active and not even play a single snap. Especially given that it's a late game, I'm pretty hesitant. 

Just now, snowbound said:

What's the ROS prognosis on Henry?   TE 10 range with upside?

Considering how banged up the Chargers are I’m hoping more along the lines of top 5

It's hard to say. I'd imagine his outlook if healthy hasn't changed much since draft season in that he should be a pretty big part of chargers offense. But how healthy is the key. 

29 minutes ago, snowbound said:

I don't think TE is as much of a wasteland this year as some are saying.  Even with a 100% healthy Henry I'd for sure rank Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, Engram, Waller, Hooper & Andrews all ahead of him, and maybe Dissly.  Verdict is still out on Gerald Everett too, so top 10 seems about right

Traded Dissly away as have Kittle. If Kittle doesn't go dontue injury will have to start Henry

53 minutes ago, snowbound said:

Higher. I'd say TE5-7 with upside. Assuming he stays healthy of course. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

2 hours ago, snowbound said:

Rest of Season ? lol.

more like (OGT) One Game at a Time 

• Haha 1

Can’t wait to tie a boat anchor around Delanie’s ankles and cut his a** once HH is back chopping wood

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Can’t wait to tie a boat anchor around Delanie’s ankles and cut his a** once HH is back chopping wood

He’s not going to sink farther than 10-30 yards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, snowbound said:

If he can stay healthy, top 5. His heath has always been an issue though, starting to think he's made of glass, but when available he's a beast (e.g. Tyler Eifert 3-5 years ago). I have him in both leagues so I'm crossing my fingers. 

Edited by trolltoll

14 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

If he can stay healthy, top 5. His heath has always been an issue though, starting to think he's made of glass, but when available he's a beast (e.g. Tyler Eifert 3-5 years ago). I have him in both leagues so I'm crossing my fingers. 

Just curious which of these TEs would you put him ahead of.....Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, Engram, Hooper, Waller, Andrews

25 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Just curious which of these TEs would you put him ahead of.....Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, Engram, Hooper, Waller, Andrews

Going by the order you posted, my opinion would probably right in between Engram and Hooper at the current moment if he's healthy. I'm not going to go back and dig it up, but someone toward the beginning of this thread posted a comparison of production of Henry for the targets he's received compared to an average of production for same targets for other top TE's and he had comparable stats to Gronk regarding TD rate and a little less in yards. The problem is that he always gets injured, so all we can do is wait and see if he returns fully healthy and can continue to return that production. 

Edited by trolltoll

1 hour ago, TommyKramer said:

Hooper is the most likely to fade back into the TE darkness. He has gotten off to a good start but didn't he did that last year too? Andrews is vulnerable because he is in a low volume passing attack. Engram has been good but he has a rookie, inferior QB. Barkley and Tate will siphon some looks from him.

To me only Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Waller are clearly ahead of Henry. Engram probably is. Andrews possibly is. So anywhere from 5th to 7th for me. Olsen, Everett, Walker, Graham have theoretical paths to finish ahead of Henry ROS but it's very unlikely.

The thing is Henry's value is different from a player like Engram or Waller. Those guys will get more volume than Henry and hence more receptions and yards but Henry's calling card has always been his red zone chops and TD upside (Waller has zero TDs this year despite his volume). Henry will have a lower floor but more upside in a given week.

Edited by Ace_King

35 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Going by the order you posted, my opinion would probably right in between Engram and Hooper at the current moment if he's healthy. I'm not going to go back and dig it up, but someone toward the beginning of this thread posted a comparison of production of Henry for the targets he's received compared to an average of production for same targets for other top TE's and he had comparable stats to Gronk regarding TD rate and a little less in yards. The problem is that he always gets injured, so all we can do is wait and see if he returns fully healthy and can continue to return that production. 

Ahead of Hooper is bold.  I believe he's the #1 TE so far.  I ain't criticizing, just saying it's bold.  I think we are all hoping for the 2nd coming of Antonio Gates.  We know Rivers can feed a TE especially in the red zone.  And we all remember his 1st year in a part time role when he scored 8 times, so the potential is there.  I'm hesitant though because his next season with more playing time he averages just a hair above 3 catches a game and scored 4 TDs in 14 games played.  I have him rostered and m hoping for the best.

4 5 or 6 red zone snaps is better than the rest of the WW trash out there.  Nothing to lose is how i see it.