smeeze

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

Good luck to those taking the leap this week, I definitely won't be putting him out there until I know he's 100% and not going to be on a snap count.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I do. It's a very capable offense and we know Rivers utilizes his TEs. The game is continuing to become more pass friendly, so it doesn't have to be that Henry is "better" than Gates. But we saw what guys like Kelce and Kittle did last year, no reason to think Henry couldn't do 80% of that. If he played 16 this year I expected 75-80, 1000+ and 10. 

I love the optimism.  1,000 yards and 10 TD's in the same season by a TE would put Henry in some very select company.  We're talking Kelce, Gronk, J Graham, Gonzales, Gates, Sharpe, Winslow, Ditka, Witten, all time greats!  Fingers crossed, I hope you're right

No brave enough to start him i need a win this week. But definitely happy to see he’s back! Starting Noah can’t over him tho so not quite sure how safe that is lol 

good luck to you guys who start him 

25 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Another TE that a any sane fantasy owner should not start. 

I know, right?

Call me insane though, I may have no other choice...LOL!

• Like 1

Much rather roll the dice on him over Witten and Delanie Walker. Even if he's only in RZ / short-yardage situations, still think he has more upside over guys like that. 

43 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

With Waller on bye, it’s either start HH or roster a 3rd TE (like Witten). Not worth it to drop a RB/WR for a 1 week TE rental that’s unlikely to produce much. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Much rather roll the dice on him over Witten and Delanie Walker. Even if he's only in RZ / short-yardage situations, still think he has more upside over guys like that. 

He might but he is not a guaranteed to start, while Witten & Walker averages 7 (1/2 ppr) points per game. Those added points can determine whether you win or lose the matchup 

I'm waiting this one out as long as possible in order to see how I'm doing. I have other TE options playing later today. So, if I'm having a great day, I'll just play one of the boring, but safe guys later. If my team isn't putting up any points, I'll go with Hunter as the ace up my sleeve to maybe catch 2 TDs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

He might but he is not a guaranteed to start, while Witten & Walker averages 7 (1/2 ppr) points per game. Those added points can determine whether you win or lose the matchup 

You are not wrong, but I can understand the "argument" from both sides.  There's no guarantee Witten, Walker, or Henry give you much today.  Witten has been pretty much a guaranteed handful of points, Walker was up until the last two weeks, and obviously Henry is a huge question mark as far as what he will end up doing as we have no idea how much he will (likely) actually play.

It is true that even a few points can be the difference between a win and a loss for some, and if you have the option, I couldn't fault somebody for playing a "safer" option like Witten or Walker.  Still, I can also see somebody being willing to take the gamble and play Henry given that there's no guarantee whoever they would play instead would do much of anything either.  That and Pittsburgh isn't very good against good TEs, so I find it hard to believe Henry would produce a donut if he plays.  That and I wouldn't drop anybody of any value to play somebody else instead of Henry out of the guys mentioned.

Basically, as I'm sure most of the people in the discussion are, there's basically no truly good bye week fill-ins for this week, so gambling on Henry is definitely tempting regardless of the current outlook of his situation today.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Hell, I started OJ Howard for 5 weeks, how bad can it be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

It’s tight end guy all but 4 of them suck 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

I am. But I'm firmly ready for a donut when he plays 6 snaps. 

Yes, def not nervous... at all.. it’s fine... we’re fine. He going to do well. Yes , forsure. Right? Okay.

Those of you starting Henry tonight,  is it because your TE situation is a total dumpster fire?  Or is it cuz you're on the train?

6 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Those of you starting Henry tonight,  is it because your TE situation is a total dumpster fire?  Or is it cuz you're on the train?

SuperJoint here. First one.