smeeze

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

Phillip is always in danger of mucking it up, but I like Hunter Henry's chances. 

Love HH but sticking with Hooper and Kenny Bills above him. Plus, I'm a Bears fan, so ya know I gotta hope my guys play D.

Just now, aapox said:

Love HH but sticking with Hooper and Kenny Bills above him. Plus, I'm a Bears fan, so ya know I gotta hope my guys play D.

Bears suck a**. Henry will feast. Coming from a Chicagoan. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Bears suck a**. Henry will feast. Coming from a Chicagoan. 

Bears suck but they just played 2 teams with fantastic offensive lines. LAC is far from that even with Okung coming back. But that is beside the main point, which is true, that I think Henry is 50+ yards with a 50%+ chance of a TD as a floor.

19 minutes ago, aapox said:

Bears suck but they just played 2 teams with fantastic offensive lines. LAC is far from that even with Okung coming back. But that is beside the main point, which is true, that I think Henry is 100+ yards with a 100%+ chance of a TD as a floor.

Fixed 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm already starting to think of Hunter Henry as I did Antonio Gates back in the day.  Same team & same QB.  You put him in your lineup & leave him there while he gives you top tier elite TE #'s.  Nothing to even think about. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, aapox said:

Bears suck but they just played 2 teams with fantastic offensive lines. LAC is far from that even with Okung coming back. But that is beside the main point, which is true, that I think Henry is 50+ yards with a 50%+ chance of a TD as a floor.

Sounds about right. His ceiling is my jeans zipper explodes and takes out someone’s eye across the room

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

If you have a TE that makes you consider benching Henry you should look to trade one of them.

I have HH and Waller and I flex one of them. Nice problem to have. 

2 hours ago, owenmills said:

Sounds about right. His ceiling is my jeans zipper explodes and takes out someone’s eye across the room

LMFAO!!!

34 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Keenan’s out/limited, so starting with confidence over Kittle. LET’S GOOOOOO!!!!!!

According to Lynn, who just lies through his teeth. Remember when Henry was absolutely going to be limited, and then played every snap?

Might as well shut the thread down - if he's not injured he's a start and he's not injured. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Keenan’s out/limited, so starting with confidence over Kittle. LET’S GOOOOOO!!!!!!

I have both too but no way am I doing that

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I agree but if I somehow had both I'd be aggressively trying to trade one. You're sitting on a gold mine in that situation.

HH is the trade piece considering his chronic injury-prone-ness.

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

I agree but if I somehow had both I'd be aggressively trying to trade one. You're sitting on a gold mine in that situation.

I tried to trade HH for 1.5 weeks and got no real response from my league dummies who insist on trotting out 2 point flunkies instead. I'll wait until after next week (Hooper's bye) and try again. But I'm also okay with just holding both since it's a 2 flex league and it gives me security in case of injury.

2 minutes ago, aapox said:

I tried to trade HH for 1.5 weeks and got no real response from my league dummies who insist on trotting out 2 point flunkies instead. I'll wait until after next week (Hooper's bye) and try again. But I'm also okay with just holding both since it's a 2 flex league and it gives me security in case of injury.

I would continue trying so agree with your approach. There is quite a bit of angst, frustration and desperation in the TE market.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Believe me I've tried for 2 straight weeks to teams starting absolute crap at TE and been rejected every time. 

10 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

considering his chronic injury-prone-ness.

... and maybe that's why no trade pardners are biting for you lot 🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, yanksman said:

13 hours ago, ajs723 said:

According to Lynn, who just lies through his teeth. Remember when Henry was absolutely going to be limited, and then played every snap?

He’s outscored Kittle the last two weeks, so I don’t think it’s that crazy. Plus the Bears are a better matchup vs. TEs, and the Keenan injury concern is real. Mid-week injury report add, and hammies are never good for a WR. I expect Keenan to sit, or if he does play, just be a decoy and play limited snaps. Hunter’s gonna eat, boys.

4 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

He’s outscored Kittle the last two weeks, so I don’t think it’s that crazy. Plus the Bears are a better matchup vs. TEs, and the Keenan injury concern is real. Mid-week injury report add, and hammies are never good for a WR. I expect Keenan to sit, or if he does play, just be a decoy and play limited snaps. Hunter’s gonna eat, boys.

I just think Kittle is on another stratosphere talent wise than Henry and the 49ers are a better team with a better oline. I can't fault anyone for starting henry but i think kittle is a guy I never wanna bench. 

6 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I just think Kittle is on another stratosphere talent wise than Henry and the 49ers are a better team with a better oline. I can't fault anyone for starting henry but i think kittle is a guy I never wanna bench. 

If Keenan were healthy, I would agree. Kittle is normally my 1A, with Hunter my 1B. But Allen’s targets have to go somewhere, and I expect a large % to go Henry’s way, especially in the red zone. So I swapped Kittle out for him after yesterday’s injury report. If Allen were a full-go, I’d be rolling with Kittle as per usual. Good luck to us both.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yanksman said:

I'm not sure. Henry was the more highly touted prospect, and while the Niners are better with a better Oline a case could be made that actually hurts Kittle. As we've seen by how much they've been running. SD has to pass a lot more, and I think an argument could be made that Rivers is as good or better than Jimmy G. I'd love to have both but I'd give the nod to Henry. 

• Like 1

As for the injury prone idea, I think it's a little overblown. He played three full seasons in college and pretty much did the same his first two years in the NFL. He's not Kelce when it comes to durability but he's not Eifert either.