smeeze

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, HeHateMe23 said:

So was this week an anomaly or do we need to be looking for other options here?.. 3 targets?

I wouldn't get cute and start someone like Mike Gesicki over him, but that's just me

20 minutes ago, Randy_Rancourtt said:

Are we confident rolling out HHH? [...]

Yeah, unless you have Kittle or Kelce.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

Yeah, unless you have Kittle or Kelce.

Andrews too?

Seems like Rivers decided to just stop looking his way.  Been watching the games and quite often when he's open Rivers isn't even looking at him and tries to force it into double coverage to one of the WR's or throws it away.  It's ridiculous, especially after the success they've had throwing to Henry

He's been awesome since coming back from injury - #2 TE Weeks 6-13 in PPR and that includes the stinker last week.  Everyone has down games.  

Oakland Week 1 and Minnesota Week 11 look like the only teams that really had some success with their TEs against Denver.  No chance I'm benching this guy unless I have Kelce or Kittle.

• Like 1

Anyone worried about his matchup with Minnesota combined with his low volume?  TD saved him last week but Mn has only let one TE score all year

8 minutes ago, phillyball said:

Anyone worried about his matchup with Minnesota combined with his low volume?  TD saved him last week but Mn has only let one TE score all year

I’m sitting in favor of Waller 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phillyball said:

I'm worried enough that I have him below Hooper [...] rankings wise, and he's a mid-TE1 guy, but if he's the only guy you have you shouldn't worry too much.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

5 hours ago, phillyball said:

Is he still in the “top 5” tier or does he fall to the higbee/giseki tier?  Vikings give up yards to TEs but no points.

I think he is but honestly Higbee is too as long as Everett is out. The thing with Henry is he he has to jostle for targets more than those guys. 

Really concerned with HH this week. Tough matchup and the Chargers don't look like they are cooking. Strongly considering a switch to Higbee with the hot hand, holding both for the time being.

15 minutes ago, CitizenJ said:

Really concerned with HH this week. Tough matchup and the Chargers don't look like they are cooking. Strongly considering a switch to Higbee with the hot hand, holding both for the time being.

Same debate I am having. Vikes give yards to tight ends but no tuddies. So with HH gotta hope for one or the other.

22 hours ago, CitizenJ said:

I feel the same way. I'm currently debating between staring him or Fant if he is healthy

Theres so many mouths to feed in this offense, really limits the recievers upside. Especially since they are always look to establish the run first. Add Ekler who gets a ton of targets, just not the best situation.

1 hour ago, phillyball said:

Same boat.  Just worried about how mad I’ll be if I make the switch and Henry goes off

IMO Henry is actually the safer play with Fant offering a high ceiling  

[...] His matchup looks much better next week but it's hard to trust him now.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 hours ago, drisser said:

[...] His matchup looks much better next week but it's hard to trust him now.

Yeah.  I'm real worried about his usage since the bye, and currently don't trust him enough to start him either.  Rivers being in a funk makes it a lot easier decision for me to look elsewhere.

Edited by tonycpsu

I didn’t play him last week but held him instead of dropping him with this matchup in mind - still though, I don’t feel good about putting him back in.

If you can't trust him who are you going to trust at this point at the wasteland of TE? I'm in the championship right now with him starting every week and he's bound the bust out of his funk. No better week then this one with the elite match up. Bring it home Hunter. 

Anyone have the snaps? Seemed like they ran 10 and 20 personnel a lot! Saw 3 WRs in a lot and no TE!!

Henry 43 snaps this week and 38 last week. Don't like that trend at all. Wonder why they're going 3 WR's so much....Running 2 back with Gordon and Ekeler is killing us too.

And two targets.  Jeebuz Crisco please save me from this incompetent excuse of an organization.

Are we sticking with this guy again? Call me crazy but at this point i think waiver options like Fant, Jonnu and even Giesecki are more appealing. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story