smeeze

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

On 8/31/2019 at 5:26 PM, Finisher said:

own him all over but a) he's coming off serious injury b) been injury prone in past c) about to see ridiculous volume (so constant midfield collisions) d) TE attrition rate lately

Just feels a little too good to be true imo.

Sad when you see it coming and still draft him. Oh well. Fortunately TE is deep af this year.

Edited by Finisher

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Fractured knee. No way he comes back this year. 

I feel sorry for the people looking at engram/Henry/OJ and grabbing Henry. I think their adps were similar 

(Raises hand)

Just added Jordan Reed from the waiver trash heap and vomited in my mouth a little.  Guess I'm rolling with him until his brains are scrambled again...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Sad when you see it coming and still draft him. Oh well. Fortunately TE is deep af this year.

Are you playing in a 6-team league or something? I look out into the TE landscape in my league and all I see are headaches and despair.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

see if Herndon is on any of your wires ... he's not ready 'til week 5, but if ya can rosterbate him up on your magick foosball squad he will pay off.  

29 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Haven't seen where it was reported one way or the other, but does anyone know if it was the same knee he had the torn ACL on?

other knee..but still dont think the recovery timeline is reasonable.

• Thanks 1

Ugh, this already feels strongly like 4-6 weeks will wind up being a very optimistic timetable.   I'd consider holding in the right situation but the one league i own him is 10 teams only, short benches, and i already have Tyreek and AJ Green.   Sheesh

I'm confused... everything points to season ending for this type of injury including legit dr's opinions.... however they are not putting him on IR. Are they not disclosing everything?

I'm tempted to just drop him for a WW flier such as RonJon, this fool is made of glass. Undeniable talent and situation though :(

8 minutes ago, DaileyPrayer said:

Are you playing in a 6-team league or something? I look out into the TE landscape in my league and all I see are headaches and despair.

No kidding. It's a complete graveyard of has-beens with zero upside. Witten, Reed, Eiffert, Ebron...ugh. 

I'm strongly considering dropping one of my RB lottery tickets so I can stash Chris Herndon. 

On 8/31/2019 at 3:17 PM, pdog109 said:

George Kittle of this year EZ, loling at scrubs that draft TE in single digit rounds when you get HH much later.

Get your pop corn ready, HH top 5 TE this year EZ.

The condescending tone of this post has not aged well. 

3 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

No kidding. It's a complete graveyard of has-beens with zero upside. Witten, Reed, Eiffert, Ebron...ugh. 

I'm strongly considering dropping one of my RB lottery tickets so I can stash Chris Herndon. 

Planning on the same but probably don’t need to yet. Is anyone actually rostering Herndon yet??? 

I dont think hes available until week 6. They have a bye in 4 so he has to sit 5. 

17 minutes ago, DaileyPrayer said:

Well it was deepish at the draft. No way on earth was I drafting Henry and not having someone behind him. Got Waller in a bunch of leagues last round or two. Normally never draft or go into the season with 2 TEs, but did it in like 7 of 8 leagues.

Yeah, checking what is available, it's like the Dallas TEs, and a bunch of 3-5 point guys who all look the same.

Agree with pastor above, if Herndon is out there and you can stash him, that is the play. But still need to stream something at TE next few weeks.

Can't have any confidence Henry will come back and not just immediately break something else.

From someone who has had a tibial plateau fracture, His season is done. I had the type 1, and it hurts. I was lucky enough to not have soft tissue damage. He might. I think watt missed the rest of the season with the same injury. Even if they put a pin in his bone, its 4- 6 weeks to start rehab!

Edited by chucknorris4ever
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Planning on the same but probably don’t need to yet. Is anyone actually rostering Herndon yet??? 

I dont think hes available until week 6. They have a bye in 4 so he has to sit 5. 

Ah, didn't realize they had a bye week 4, appreciate the heads up. In that case, I'll probably wait a week or two. I just don't want someone else to grab him considering how desolate the TE position. Herndon is the only guy that looks like he could be a gem. Everyone else is streaming material at best, and the situation isn't going to get better as the season progresses and more guys start dropping to injuries. 

1 minute ago, OrangeAggie said:

Ah, didn't realize they had a bye week 4, appreciate the heads up. In that case, I'll probably wait a week or two. I just don't want someone else to grab him considering how desolate the TE position. Herndon is the only guy that looks like he could be a gem. Everyone else is streaming material at best, and the situation isn't going to get better as the season progresses and more guys start dropping to injuries. 

BINGO!

he's a lixury right now if available- roster spots are at a premium, i dig it - but the kid is gonna eat in that offense. 

3 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

Yah, that’s what I’m trying to gauge. How long is safe to wait?

14 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

I've got Herndon.  It's a 12 team start 2 TE league.  

27 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

I'm confused... everything points to season ending for this type of injury including legit dr's opinions.... however they are not putting him on IR. Are they not disclosing everything?

I'm tempted to just drop him for a WW flier such as RonJon, this fool is made of glass. Undeniable talent and situation though :(

It could be a small fracture. Especially if it's a tibia plateau fracture. It needs time to heal or else the fracture could go down the leg and then it would be worse.

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Goodnight again sweet Prince. 

RIP, Hunter Henry you will be missed. :(

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Herndon was drafted in all my leagues(12 teams)