smeeze

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, rotoguy74 said:

Starting to think best case scenario is week 13, after the bye week, am I off base with my thinking?

Week 8 is my best guess

3 hours ago, rotoguy74 said:

Starting to think best case scenario is week 13, after the bye week, am I off base with my thinking?

I think they would have put him on IR if it was gonna be that long. Them not going with the IR designation tells me 8 weeks or less

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2019 at 12:39 PM, RingMyBell said:

He loses more appeal with gordon returning so early.  He missed his boat.  I dropped to stash Herndon.

Dude, you know nothing about real life football. Having a good RB helps with play action fakes setting up easy passes to the TE such as one like Henry who runs well. Especially at the goal line teams have to guess run or pass, you can't stop both.

Also Herndon has proved nothing to be a good TE, I'll wait for a possible top 5 TE like Henry.

Edited by raidaz18
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Dude, you know nothing about real life football. Having a good RB helps with play action fakes setting up easy passes to the TE such as one like Henry who runs well. Especially at the goal line teams have to guess run or pass, you can't stop both.

Also Herndon has proved nothing to be a good TE, I'll wait for a possible top 5 TE like Henry.

Perhaps he doesnt know much about real life football. But give me Henry without gordon in FANTASY FOOTBALL all day long.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

This isn’t accurate. Herndon had a nice connection with Darnold last year with a running game nobody feared. Using your own argument with Bell back there, Herndon should be a top 12 TE option every week. Henry has proven to be fragile at this point. He’s a hold if you have an IR spot, but dropping him for Herndon isn’t a bad move

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

This isn’t accurate. Herndon had a nice connection with Darnold last year with a running game nobody feared. Using your own argument with Bell back there, Herndon should be a top 12 TE option every week. Henry has proven to be fragile at this point. He’s a hold if you have an IR spot, but dropping him for Herndon isn’t a bad move

He might be a top 12 option because the TE landscape is a wasteland.

Hunter getting hurt a lot is valid but he's only supposed to miss 4-6 weeks, will be back somewhere middle to late next month.

Also I'll take a H.O.F. QB throwing to my TE vs Darnold who is horrible.

He might be a top 12 option because the TE landscape is a wasteland.

Hunter getting hurt a lot is valid but he's only supposed to miss 4-6 weeks, will be back somewhere middle to late next month.

Also I'll take a H.O.F. QB throwing to my TE vs Darnold who is horrible.

I get the last point but the difference here is target share. Yes, Rivers is a HOF QB, but Darnold has potential & likes the high percentage throws to the TE, especially in the red zone. Allen, Williams (when healthy), Gordon, & Ekeler are all capable of big receiving games. Herndon doesn’t have much competition for targets downfield like Henry does

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rotoguy74 said:

Realistically probably not, just because they'll likely be very cautious given how little he's played the past nearly two years. 

7 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Realistically probably not, just because they'll likely be very cautious given how little he's played the past nearly two years. 

Why didnt they put him on IR then? They want him back asap.

40 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Why didnt they put him on IR then? They want him back asap.

i keep saying this, there is a reason he is not on IR and a reason there is no news... no news is GOOD NEWS..they are not going to come out and say man HUNTER is doing awesome and he should be back by week 6... thats not going to happen you put pressure on a player and yada yada,, whereas SILENCE speaks volume, if he was not progressing how he should he would have been put on IR or something would have spilled by now. just my opinion  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bearcatcheech said:

i keep saying this, there is a reason he is not on IR and a reason there is no news... no news is GOOD NEWS..they are not going to come out and say man HUNTER is doing awesome and he should be back by week 6... thats not going to happen you put pressure on a player and yada yada,, whereas SILENCE speaks volume, if he was not progressing how he should he would have been put on IR or something would have spilled by now. just my opinion  

Teams can only bring one or two players off IR every season. And once they are on IR they have to be there at least 8 weeks. So if Henry were to return early they would be hindered by not having him available. And if they have another key injury or two it makes picking who to take off IR complicated. If teams can afford to not put a player on IR at a position where depth is less important they will always attempt to do so.

They probably expect Henry back within 6-10 weeks from his injury though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's on waivers in one of my 12 team redrafts and I'm not sure if I should pick him now, or wait till next week.  Once you pick him up you have to hold him till he either returns, or a longer time table for his return is given.  I just wonder if someone will snag over next weeks waiver period where I'm near the end.  I wish we had a better idea on how he's progressing or not.  I do agree with the poster who said they would have likely IR'd him if it were going to be longer than 8 weeks.

2 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

He's on waivers in one of my 12 team redrafts and I'm not sure if I should pick him now, or wait till next week.  Once you pick him up you have to hold him till he either returns, or a longer time table for his return is given.  I just wonder if someone will snag over next weeks waiver period where I'm near the end.  I wish we had a better idea on how he's progressing or not.  I do agree with the poster who said they would have likely IR'd him if it were going to be longer than 8 weeks.

Yeah same here. Personally, I am waiting...it could be several weeks yet and I'd rather hold a lotto ticket type RB.

I picked him up today.  If news comes out today or this week that he’s progressing, your window is closed and you’ll miss out.  Easily the best TE on the waiver.

If word comes out that recover is longer than expected, easy drop.

9 hours ago, ss13 said:

I picked him up today.  If news comes out today or this week that he’s progressing, your window is closed and you’ll miss out.  Easily the best TE on the waiver.

If word comes out that recover is longer than expected, easy drop.

I agree with all of this. I think it also depends on who you already have...if you don't have a top 5 TE at the moment, then he's totally worth picking up now and stashing until he comes back in a few weeks hopefully because he will likely be upgrading your starting lineup for the second half of the season.

• Like 1

This article claims that he'll return in about 2-3 weeks, but I have seen zero updates anywhere else, so tough to say what this is based on. Unless they are just going off that first reported 4-6 weeks? If it is true it's definitely time to stash. 

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/29/chargers-te-sean-culkin-suffered-torn-achilles-in-week-4-victory-over-dolphins/

1 minute ago, KCTD25 said:

This article claims that he'll return in about 2-3 weeks, but I have seen zero updates anywhere else, so tough to say what this is based on. Unless they are just going off that first reported 4-6 weeks? If it is true it's definitely time to stash. 

It's simply this. 

That said, since we've gotten no news that's still the most logical timeframe for us to go off of so you're absolutely right, it's time to stash. 

3 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/29/chargers-te-sean-culkin-suffered-torn-achilles-in-week-4-victory-over-dolphins/

This source is not detailed enough to be trustworthy and I wouldn't trust fantasy advice from USA Today. IMO.

Henry is going to be out for awhile, his fracture was never a 4-6 week injury. Will probably be load managed upon return too.

38 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

This source is not detailed enough to be trustworthy and I wouldn't trust fantasy advice from USA Today. IMO.

Henry is going to be out for awhile, his fracture was never a 4-6 week injury. Will probably be load managed upon return too.

Yeah I'm not feeling this guy as someone to target right now.  

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

All the news said a 4-6 week injury.  Why do you think it will be longer?

4 minutes ago, oban14 said:

All the news said a 4-6 week injury.  Why do you think it will be longer?

Dr. Jesse Morse from the fantasy doctors had a piece on it (good YouTube channel to follow).

Basically if it's a 4-6 week injury the team docs are lying about the diagnosis, or it's just an incredibly mild fracture. Also can read the tea leaves when they say they "hope" to have him return this season.

Not to mention his injury from last year.

You guys are going in circles here. 4-6 weeks is the minimum recovery time according to former Chargers head doctor and orthopedic surgeon, David Chao. That doesn't mean he'll be back within that window, only that it's a possibility. We won't know any more until there's an update.

Edited by obithewan
Word

32 minutes ago, obithewan said:

You guys are going in circles here. 4-6 weeks is the minimum recovery time according to former Chargers head doctor and orthopedic surgeon, David Chao. That doesn't mean he'll be back within that window, only that it's a possibility. We won't know any more until there's an update.

Beat me to it.  Anyways like stated earlier I wouldn't have any high hopes on him returning in the near term.  Likely still out for a while.....a good while.....in other words, avoid.  

On 9/28/2019 at 12:04 PM, devaster said:

They probably expect Henry back within 6-10 weeks from his injury though.

Love when people know more than the team. Thanks for adjusting their numbers