machine3

Justin Jackson 2019 Outlook

Don't overdraft this guy.  If/when Gordon returns he'll have little to no value.  Until then he could be a solid RB option with starters upside, but that isn't something you should be taking in the 5th or 6th round.  Not close.  Jackson is a double digit round selection imo.

• Like 2

I wish he would have been there after the draft, dudes were taking all the backups by the 7th round, I got Jackson in the 8th and gordon in the back end of the 3rd

Also got Gurley miles and Damien ..... Not really happy tbh

Edited by CABLE87

Seems like another example of people assuming that a pass-catching back is slight. Ekeler actually is. But he's also 2 inches shorter than Jackson, and has a lb. (200 to 199) on him. Ekeler was the much better runner last year, I don't really see why anybody would draft Jackson.

7 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Seems like another example of people assuming that a pass-catching back is slight. Ekeler actually is. But he's also 2 inches shorter than Jackson, and has a lb. (200 to 199) on him. Ekeler was the much better runner last year, I don't really see why anybody would draft Jackson.

Uffff. I guess we’ll see. I like eks game more but JJ will hold value this yr...

22 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I don't really see why anybody would draft Jackson.

Because he is cheap, good, and likely starting for the Chargers week 1...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Because he is cheap, good, and likely starting for the Chargers week 1...

I have seen absolutely 0 reason to assume he's starting (not that that means anything). There have only been reports of a 50-50 split, which seems unlikely anyway, and Ekeler is better suited for literally everything, from what I've seen of them.

• Like 1

I'll admit, the quote is kind of confusing but the main thing is that very last sentence.

8 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

I'll admit, the quote is kind of confusing but the main thing is that very last sentence.

I don't get it. The "He'll split carries with Justin Jackson" is not a part of the quote and is contradictory to the statement itself. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

The first part is a quote from the GM. The Jackson part is speculation from someone who isn't the GM. It's starting to feel like Jackson owners are basing a bit too much of sheer hopes and dreams.

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

The first part is a quote from the GM. The Jackson part is speculation from someone who isn't the GM. It's starting to feel like Jackson owners are basing a bit too much of sheer hopes and dreams.

The sentence at the end is from the Chargers reporter who spoke to the GM. Here's the article:

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/09/01/chargers-postpone-contract-extension-talks-with-rb-melvin-gordon/

And a quote from the article:

"Telesco expressed confidence in moving forward with the two-man running back committee of Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson, and didn’t rule out the possibility of adding an outside running back. The Chargers were reportedly in contention to land running back LeSean McCoy before he decided to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs. McCoy was released by the Buffalo Bills on Saturday. Chargers coach Anthony Lynn coached McCoy for two seasons in Buffalo. "

The GM understands that it's not a smart idea to have someone dominate the touches, so they're going to share the workload. How much they're going to share remains to be seen, I'll admit that, but those who think Ekeler is going to be a bellcow are mistaken.

7 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Justin Jackson at his ADP >>>>>> Austin ekeler at his ADP. 

Hard to believe when Jackson isn't playable in fantasy. 

6 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Well, as a JJ owner on two teams all I can say is you bet your a$$ I'm hoping and dreaming he becomes a thing this season. I'll cop to that, no problem.  

4 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

The sentence at the end is from the Chargers reporter who spoke to the GM. Here's the article:

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/09/01/chargers-postpone-contract-extension-talks-with-rb-melvin-gordon/

And a quote from the article:

"Telesco expressed confidence in moving forward with the two-man running back committee of Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson, and didn’t rule out the possibility of adding an outside running back. The Chargers were reportedly in contention to land running back LeSean McCoy before he decided to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs. McCoy was released by the Buffalo Bills on Saturday. Chargers coach Anthony Lynn coached McCoy for two seasons in Buffalo. "

The GM understands that it's not a smart idea to have someone dominate the touches, so they're going to share the workload. How much they're going to share remains to be seen, I'll admit that, but those who think Ekeler is going to be a bellcow are mistaken.

I really liked JJ this season until yesterday.

There were two finalists for the services of LeSean McCoy...The Chiefs and The Chargers

That tells me a lot.

Just now, nonstopfan said:

I really liked JJ this season until yesterday.

There were two finalists for the services of LeSean McCoy...The Chiefs and The Chargers

That tells me a lot.

Does it?   A cheap, proven stud who played with the rb coach.   They can still like JJ/AE while nabbing a potentially useful player.   The eagles and pats were in the race for Shady too lol.   They sure don’t need him 

2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Well, as a JJ owner on two teams all I can say is you bet your a$$ I'm hoping and dreaming he becomes a thing this season. I'll cop to that, no problem.  

That's fine. We all have players like that. Just saying based off the evidence, Jackson is little more than a longshot lottery ticket.

15 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I don't get it. The "He'll split carries with Justin Jackson" is not a part of the quote and is contradictory to the statement itself. 

I don’t think it’s contradictory.  Eckler has the skill set of a three down back.  But he’s going to split time.   

9 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Hard to believe when Jackson isn't playable in fantasy. 

I like that people think this way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, wideopen21 said:

I like that people think this way. 

I like that you thought Josh Gordon was worth a 5th round pick last year, and that you probably think a dude that's 6'0" and under 200 lbs. can consistently pick up yards between the tackles this season. 

3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

So, let me ask this...do y'all think he's Flex-worthy in a 12 team standard?

Not week one.   Safer to assume Ekeler is the go to guy until we see otherwise.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I like that you thought Josh Gordon was worth a 5th round pick last year, and that you probably think a dude that's 6'0" and under 200 lbs. can consistently pick up yards between the tackles this season. 

Justin Jackson 6ft 199

Christian McCaffrey 5'11 202

Meanwhile, Ekeler isn't exactly a big, sturdy RB that can has proven to be strong enough to run between the tackles for an entire year either.5'9, 195 coming out of college.