machine3

Justin Jackson 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Good move!

I'm really kinda surprised at how little talk there's been about Jackson and how neglected he's been in drafts.  

I went back through Ekeler's game logs and he's never topped 15 carries in a game and has only had 10 or more carries 6 times.  And in the one game he got 15 carries when Gordon was out last year, he got banged up and missed the next 2 games.

Don't get me wrong...I think Ekeler is pretty good.  And that's why he's getting drafted way ahead of Jackson.  But this situation has been treated like Ekeler is the main starter and Jackson is just a backup who will barely see the field.  I think it'll be much closer to 50/50 than most are thinking.

Honestly, I usually keep a pretty good eye on most rosters, but JJ was completely off my radar, all the talk's been about Ekeler who went in like the 6th or 7th round in my draft... yet there Jackson was, just sitting on the Wire. The more I read about Ekeler last year with Gordon out, the happier I am I didn't invest a high pick in him, and instead snagged JJ! But you better believe, if he has a big week, he'll be a top FA pick next week...

• Like 1

50-50 split and I think this run game is gonna be trash with that line. Only saving grace here is if he gets a boatload of receptions and goal line. Highly volatile.

This offense will be flowing through Keenan, Williams, and Henry until Gordon returns.

I'm willing to let him on the bench for a week or 2 to see how this works out before he gets the nod

14 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

50-50 split and I think this run game is gonna be trash with that line. Only saving grace here is if he gets a boatload of receptions and goal line. Highly volatile.

This offense will be flowing through Keenan, Williams, and Henry until Gordon returns.

ok. 

but none of that changes the fact that scooping this kid in the double digit rounds was exceedingly better value than those whyos who were snagging Ekeler in the 4th/5th/6th. 

• Like 1

Is he still under 200 pounds...was hoping he could put on 15 pounds of muscle in the offseason

5 hours ago, Jin said:

How do you guys feel about starting him today?

I'm not, and I've got him on three teams. Just feel like I have better options. Also, Indy's D was 8th best in fewest rushing yards per game last season.

But, I'll be watching closely to see what his usage is this week.  

• Like 2

With the Chargers' bye set for Week 12, it wouldn't be shocking to see Gordon held back until the team returns in Week 13

JJ looks to be a good flex back for 11 weeks

i'll take it

1 minute ago, wendellrott said:

With the Chargers' bye set for Week 12, it wouldn't be shocking to see Gordon held back until the team returns in Week 13

JJ looks to be a good flex back for 11 weeks

i'll take it

Cheers Wendell

heres hopin!!’

• Thanks 1

I'm so stoked I got him. I have a feeling he's gonna have a big play today, either big run or a TD and will be one of the highest desired players on the WW next week. That said, he'll ride the pine for me this week until I see evidence my hunch is correct. 

8 minutes ago, Mathew Berry said:

with a 25-75 split in work I think Jackson is just a handcuff to Ekeler and not startable.  

Agreed.  He's on my bench in case Ekeler gets hurt and could be dropped if I need a bench spot.  I wouldn't feel good about dropping him though.

4 hours ago, Mathew Berry said:

with a 25-75 split in work I think Jackson is just a handcuff to Ekeler and not startable.  

Agreed at not startable but I'll hold for a week or 2 more before dropping 

Does this guy have value in standard?  I thought it would be a bit more of an even timeshare but looks like Ekeler is the guy here.  Are people still holding or moving on?

Just now, UFGator said:

Does this guy have value in standard?  I thought it would be a bit more of an even timeshare but looks like Ekeler is the guy here.  Are people still holding or moving on?

As a Gordon owner I’m still stashing him on the bench. Ekeler had a career game in week 1. Other games they may need to pound the ball more and Jackson could have more usage. He’d also be the top waiver add if Ekeler got banged up. 

28 minutes ago, UFGator said:

I'm trying to hold for one more week. Like to see how this backfield less Gordon unfolds. 

I dropped him today.  That decision was based on Gordon coming back week 6.  Might end up being a mistake if he doesn't, but couldn't see using a bench spot for a 5 week backup (or distant 1B) who is likely to be 3rd on the depth chart by mid season.  

Gordon will sit at home for awhile yet and while I wish no injury on any player -ever- I can not possibly see Ek holding up as a lead back.

JJ will be an easy RB2 in the near future.

17 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Gordon will sit at home for awhile yet and while I wish no injury on any player -ever- I can not possibly see Ek holding up as a lead back.

Well by the time the near future comes, Gordon will be back by then. Last report has MG3 back by week 6-8. Which is why I dropped JJ . I mean there's no clear cut choice here to be honest , hold or cut . But if I'm not starting him,  and just hoping for an Ekeler injury or what have you. ( Not hoping just playing hypotheticals , would never wish pain or injury upon any human being)  That being said I still think Justin will have better games ahead of him, even playing second fiddle to Ekeler . I have Melvin and he's on my bench currently, yahoo took away his IR eligibility. I can't have two Charger RB's on the pine , just not prudent. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Well by the time the near future comes, Gordon will be back by then. Last report has MG3 back by week 6-8. Which is why I dropped JJ . I mean there's no clear cut choice here to be honest , hold or cut . But if I'm not starting him,  and just hoping for an Ekeler injury or what have you. ( Not hoping just playing hypotheticals , would never wish pain or injury upon any human being)  That being said I still think Justin will have better games ahead of him, even playing second fiddle to Ekeler . I have Melvin and he's on my bench currently, yahoo took away his IR eligibility. I can't have two Charger RB's on the pine , just not prudent. 

Yeah, it's pretty insane to hold Jackson imo. He's a handcuff for another month or so. Then Gordon comes back and he has even less value. What are you holding him for, while missing out on other players? The chance that Ekeler gets injured next week and you have a RB2 for 4 weeks? Makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I concur and Gut feeling he scores this week

With Henry gone and mike williams a gtd, any chance they use ekeler more as a reciecer and this guy gets more carries out of the backfield? Or is this still a handcuff only situation?

Edited by Jordan23

3 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

With Henry gone and mike williams a gtd, any chance they use ekeler more as a reciecer and this guy gets more carries out of the backfield? Or is this still a handcuff only situation?

Has ekeler been known to line up at WR?