machine3

Justin Jackson 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Jordan23 said:

With Henry gone and mike williams a gtd, any chance they use ekeler more as a reciecer and this guy gets more carries out of the backfield? Or is this still a handcuff only situation?

handcuff 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SGagne said:

He has over an 8 yard average per carry.  JJ needs more looks.

plus had a niiiice 50+ yd TD called back last week ... kid was flyin'

i don't think he fumbles away road wins on the gl, like Ekeler did in Detroit ... maybe we find out real soon 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i don't think he fumbles away road wins on the gl, like Ekeler did in Detroit ... maybe we find out real soon 🤷‍♂️

Ek has durability concerns so I'm happy to keep JJ. I think he gets a lot more looks as the season goes on. 

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Rivers clearly lives Ek

He's not going anywhere unless he gets hurt

Rivers dictates

5 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

Rivers clearly lives Ek

He's not going anywhere unless he gets hurt

Rivers dictates

never said Ek was getting benched, never said Ek was on the outs ... just that JJ may get some goal line looks going forward. 

i said maybe ... not "ZOMG!!!!1!! EK IS TOAST THAT MAN FUMBLED!!+!!!!111!1!"

maybe get a chance. 

maybe. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

33 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Is he faster and bigger than ekeler?

Nope. Doesn't matter anyway, this isn't Madden. Ekeler is a better football player. 

52 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

Nope. Doesn't matter anyway, this isn't Madden. Ekeler is a better football player. 

How so?

I own both so I’m not biased but to me when I watch the games JJ does look like a better pure runner than ekeler. He’s looks bigger makes better cuts has good speed. Ekelers bread and butter is his passing game. But as someone else said I think rivers just loves the guy and feels way more comfortable having a pass catching back out in the backfield. Especially with Henry gone he’s a nice safety valve for rivers. But with that said still holding JJ. Never know what can happen.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I own both so I’m not biased but to me when I watch the games JJ does look like a better pure runner than ekeler. He’s looks bigger makes better cuts has good speed. Ekelers bread and butter is his passing game. But as someone else said I think rivers just loves the guy and feels way more comfortable having a pass catching back out in the backfield. Especially with Henry gone he’s a nice safety valve for rivers. But with that said still holding JJ. Never know what can happen.

Agree with you 100%.  I also feel watching the games the JJ is the better runner.  I'm really kinda surprised he hasn't gotten more opportunities and that this isn't closer to a 50/50 timeshare.

Yeah, Ekeler has played well and no arguing that.  But JJ has also played really well with the opportunities he's gotten.  I mean, he's averaging 8.9 ypc so obviously playing well lol.

I think one thing is certain and that is that the Charger offense is very fantasy friendly for RB's.  And I just don't think that Ekeler stays upright for long if he's getting 20 touches a game.

I see JJ as a very strong hold.  Either they wise up and start giving him more work to protect Ekeler a bit....Or Ekeler gets busted up.  One of them will happen sooner or later.

Yeah, maybe Gordon comes back and if that happens he's waiver material.  But it sure doesn't seem like Gordon is particularly close to coming back.  

JJ is the real deal. He is averaging basically 9 yards per carry.

PS- He is the best football player to ever come from my hometown/high school in suburban Chicago.

2 minutes ago, Novaray said:

As an Ekeler and Gordon owner who doesn't own Jackson, I am terrified of this man

why?

by all accounts he's a very soft spoken kid ... humble, if you will. 

does tons of charity work, plays Parchesi once a week at the El Cajon Senior Home ... courteous, to a fault. 

Varsity letterman, and a connoisseur of Baroque English Chamber ensembles, eschewing today's crap music. 

harmless chap. 

• Haha 4

Mostly a handcuff, but I might roll him out in week 4 as a flex when the Chargers play MIAMI. They might try to preserve Ekeler for more competitive games and run the ball a bit more once they go up 35-0 say in the 3rd quarter. Odds that Jackson breaks off a long TD run against Miami are maybe not too bad, provided the Chargers ever have poor enough field position for a long run to even be theoretically possible 🙂 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, austin316 said:

JJ is the real deal. He is averaging basically 9 yards per carry.

PS- He is the best football player to ever come from my hometown/high school in suburban Chicago.

Kind of a small sample size. He averaged 4.1 on 50 carries last year, making his lifetime average 5.1 on 63. Ekeler's lifetime is 5.2 on 182. They're both pretty fragile at 200 lbs which is why they usually give the load to Gordon at 215 lbs even though he has a lot lower ypc.

9 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Kind of a small sample size. He averaged 4.1 on 50 carries last year, making his lifetime average 5.1 on 63. Ekeler's lifetime is 5.2 on 182. They're both pretty fragile at 200 lbs which is why they usually give the load to Gordon at 215 lbs even though he has a lot lower ypc.

Small sample size or not, he's avg 9 ypc bro.

It's called facts. Wasn't stating an opinion.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mi26 said:

droppable at this point?

Really depends what's available but I'd lean not yet. Not someone you can start either.