throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

prove that he's worthless while also trying to extract something of worth from another team for him

awesome!

A stupid GM is always lying and waiting... It's the NFL... it's not based on meritocracy...

57 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

What sort of evidence do you have that Gordon will come back and immediately fall back into 20 touches a game? 

Let's just start here. Where did I say Gordon would get 20 touches per game?

Didn’t watch the game so I’m not too sure what happened here. Was it game script? More of a focus on getting both Ekeler and Jackson involved on offense? Did Jackson look more explosive? I was expecting more than 81 total yards and only 9 rushing attempts.

7 minutes ago, diazmu said:

Didn’t watch the game so I’m not too sure what happened here. Was it game script? More of a focus on getting both Ekeler and Jackson involved on offense? Did Jackson look more explosive? I was expecting more than 81 total yards and only 9 rushing attempts.

Kennan Allen was balling his mind off... They just went to him every opportunity they could

23 minutes ago, diazmu said:

Allen was targeted 17 times...like the above poster said it was just Rivers going to Allen a ton.  Ekeler will always cede some work to Justin Jackson, which makes sense, since Jackson is talented and probably one of the best backups out there.  Ekeler still had 7 catches and got 16 targets...just didn't score this week.  Most weeks you'll be happy with 15-20 touches for Ekeler...Chargers just zoned in with Allen this game.

• Like 2

I think yesterday was basically his floor. He just didn’t have the opportunities to get in the end zone. Also noticed Texans did a great job of keeping track of him slipping out the backfield. 

Rivers does a great job of looking for his main option and if it isn’t there he checks it down. Noticed a few times on his sacks that he would look to dump it off the Ekeler. If he was covered. Expect a great bounce back game next game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, matanp said:

Disappointed with no touchdowns, and the split carries with JJ

Ekeler: 49 snaps (65%) 9 carries, 7 targets

Jackson: 28 snaps (37%) 5 carries 4 targets

They didn't split anything...

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, matanp said:

Disappointed with no touchdowns, and the split carries with JJ

He had 4 TDs in the first two games. He’s totally going to average 2 TDs per game all season 🙄

• Haha 1

This guy stays healthy and Gordon stays away and he'll be on alot of teams that win titles this year. He oozes talent and excels in the passing game, easy money. 

• Like 1

If you have Ekeler, don't forget Justin Jackson... These RBs are making plays after plays

1 hour ago, Szer0 said:

If you have Ekeler, don't forget Justin Jackson... These RBs are making plays after plays

How is Kamara not on the top 5 

so i guess grabbing JJ if you have ekeler is a must?

10 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

so i guess grabbing JJ if you have ekeler is a must?

If anything was to happen, JJ would own the backfield. Besides, he has been playing well in limited snaps.

I drafted both out. This backfield is fantasy gold.

2 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

If anything was to happen, JJ would own the backfield. Besides, he has been playing well in limited snaps.

I drafted both out. This backfield is fantasy gold.

In that case might have to drop breida 

2 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

In that case might have to drop breida 

That would be a hard one, but feel free to create an AC thread, or a DM to me... 

It really depends on the league size and roster construction.

12 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Thoughts on this situation? Anyone word on Gordon’s return? Does he have to return by week 10?

Seems like MGIII is coming back sooner than expected... Not great news.... Why can't he just go away?

• Like 1

This sucks for Ekeler owners, especially because the Chargers are playing against a peewee football team this week.

4 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Seems like MGIII is coming back sooner than expected... Not great news.... Why can't he just go away?

Source

Edit: nevermind just saw the Schefter blurb

Edited by lolcopter

Guess the best thing to do after this weekend is trying to sell Ekeler to the MGIII owner? or maybe try to get MGIII through a trade? Although he/she is gonna want a lot for that...

• Like 1

Even if he came back this week he 100% would not suit up this weekend. They'd probably want a week of practice out of him. But then after that you're all free to feel broken hearted.