throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, kretan182 said:

I wish we can get just more game against Miami with Ekeler as the bellcow, that game has potential for 20+ points for owners if all goes well.

Your'e all but guaranteed that game against MIA , even if Gordon were to report today , I highly doubt coaching staff would throw him out there this Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, 9amest said:

all the non owners watching this thread rn:

Image result for django unchained explosion gif

I got a month's worth of RB1 for an 8th rounder, and from there maybe a viable flex?

I mean, more would have been spectacular, but I'm good.

• Thanks 1

MaleAgreeableArgentinehornedfrog-size_re

I'm glad he's back. I'm keeping the whole GD backfield though based on his injury history. I'll ride the MGIII train as long as it goes.

5 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I got a month's worth of RB1 for an 8th rounder, and from there maybe a viable flex?

I mean, more would have been spectacular, but I'm good.

giphy.gif

Edited by atrium
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ayeager28 said:

He's the far superior player to Gordon, time to buy low.

tenor.gif

Likely blowup performance against Miami will be his farewell letter to owners.  You got a heck of a run out of this guy. 

But Ekeler was only the Steward.  Authority is not given to him to deny the return of the king.

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

tenor.gif

What about his career line, despite being in a good offense his entire career, screams good to you?  He's a horribly inefficient pounder with some decent pass catching chops.  Dude is the definition of mediocre.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Likely blowup performance against Miami will be his farewell letter to owners.  You got a heck of a run out of this guy. 

But Ekeler was only the Steward.  Authority is not given to him to deny the return of the king.

ITT I have learned that Austin Eckler is a working class blue collar hero who escaped an abusive relationship with his stepdad, an air guitar rock God, and literally Denethor.

I doubt Antonio Brown owners have had this much fun.  And I still have a guy who plays football to show for it.  All in all, 10/10, would draft again.

5 minutes ago, goke said:

After the Dolphins what type of trades will you guys look for?

Ekeler for Jahvid Best?

Update: Received two laughing Emojis... I need to add more to the Ekeler side? 😮

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Ekeler for Jahvid Best?

Throw in Janikowski, my kicker's on bye.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ayeager28 said:

What about his career line, despite being in a good offense his entire career, screams good to you?  He's a horribly inefficient pounder with some decent pass catching chops.  Dude is the definition of mediocre.

Oh wait you're being serious 🤣

• Haha 1

Still not regretting it. Top 3 RB for the first 4 weeks in the 7th-8th round isn't bad value at all. Feel like he'll still be involved and be a flex guy moving forward

• Thanks 1

Ek will still be a big part of the offense imo. I still see him getting 12-15 touches even with Gordon all the way back. 

• Like 1

I’ll be looking to buy Ekeler cheap.    50/50 shot Gordon makes it the rest of the season without a pulled/sprained/bruised something.   He wants to minimize wear and tear for his next contract- right?  Doesn’t sound like a guy who will push through minor injuries.  His priority is tolling his contract and staying healthy.  

I could see the Chargers using Ekeler a whole lot until that’s time too.

Edited by Impreza178

Just now, Impreza178 said:

I’ll be looking to buy Ekeler cheap.    50/50 shot Gordon makes it the rest of the season without a pulled/sprained/bruised something.   He wants to minimize wear and tear for his next contract- right?  Doesn’t sound like a guy who will push through nagging injuries.  

I could see the Chargers using Ekeler a whole lot until that’s time too.

Gordon owners should absolutely be trying to acquire Ekeler for this reason.  After the Miami game, and especially with the byes coming up, an Ekeler owner might be willing to cut bait cheap and this guy is a "must cuff."

• Like 1

One more quick reminder before anyone jumps off a bridge, the last two games Ekeler didn't start last year he scored touchdowns in both.

Edited because I'm a dumb dumb who can't read box scores.

Edited by JE7HorseGod

When you own both Ekeler and Gordon....

spacer.png

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, ayeager28 said:

Your opinions don't matter, those of the Chargers do. It's crystal clear from the 2018 usage how they view Gordon vs. Ekeler.