throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

When you own both Ekeler and Gordon....

spacer.png

Do you anticipate starting both at this point? My only concern is if the chargers turn into a committee situation and they cannibalize each other's value 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ayeager28 said:

He's the far superior player to Gordon, time to buy low.

f75i3c0ye6h11.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Do you anticipate starting both at this point? My only concern is if the chargers turn into a committee situation and they cannibalize each other's value 

Gordon starts...

Eckler is a Flex depending on matchups...and luck. I would think it'd be a lot like last year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FooserX said:

Gordon starts...

Eckler is a Flex depending on matchups...and luck. I would think it'd be a lot like last year.

Probably accurate.

Zeke stepped in after missing a month of practices and warmed up to a full workload in a couple weeks.  No reason to suspect Mel couldn't either and this situation be status quo of the last month of last season by about week 7 or so. 

Eckler is a slightly better Pollard.

He'll get garbage time carries, and bust off a few runs and the occasional TD...

But make no mistake...this is the MG3, Rivers, and Allen show now.

Everyone else on that team, for FF purposes...is obsolete until injury.

Edited by FooserX
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

MG is just more electric. I think the Chargers know this. Gordon has a different gear, hits the hole differently and can play on all three downs. I don't foresee this becoming a committee outside of the first week or two. Ekeler will probably return to his role which made him a nice flex option based on matchups in PPR.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Gordon owners should absolutely be trying to acquire Ekeler for this reason.  After the Miami game, and especially with the byes coming up, an Ekeler owner might be willing to cut bait cheap and this guy is a "must cuff."

Ekeler isn't going anywhere on my roster unless it's for trade.   

10 minutes ago, FooserX said:

Eckler is a slightly better Pollard.

He'll get garbage time carries, and bust off a few runs and the occasional TD...

But make no mistake...this is the MG3, Rivers, and Allen show now.

Everyone else on that team, for FF purposes...is obsolete until injury.

I mean, that wasn't how it worked down the stretch last year (entirely) in games where Gordon was healthy, and that was back when they had Tyrell Williams.  But hey, could be.

I wouldn’t think Ekeler is now obsolete for fantasy purposes at all. He still retains some value in PPR because he has a fairly defined role. He’ll still catch a fair amount of passes and probably get in for a TD here and there. Plus he’s playing really well while Gordon hasn’t suited up in months. He’s probably earned himself a slightly bigger role than he normally had while backing up Gordon. 

Most weeks he’ll put up flex numbers. The occasional week he’ll put up RB2 numbers. 

Edited by IslandBoy

I get the skepticism, but I'll be back in here in a few weeks and we'll see how it pans out.  Firmly believe Ekeler is the better player and better fit for this offense. 

He was carving a bigger share before the MGIII injury last year and he'll continue to do so.

2 minutes ago, IslandBoy said:

I wouldn’t think Ekeler is now obsolete for fantasy purposes at all. He still retains some value in PPR because he has a fairly defined role. He’ll still catch a fair amount of passes and probably get in for a TD here and there. Plus he’s playing really well while Gordon hasn’t suited up in months. He’s probably earned himself a slightly bigger role than he normally had while backing up Gordon. 

I reallllly hope this is the case......

2 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

I reallllly hope this is the case......

And the rest of us in this thread realllly hope this isn't the case.  

53 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Likely blowup performance against Miami will be his farewell letter to owners.  You got a heck of a run out of this guy. 

But Ekeler was only the Steward.  Authority is not given to him to deny the return of the king.

An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of Ekeler comes crashing down.....

Just now, Whitecloud0101 said:

I mean us ekeler guys all knew this was happening right??

We were just hoping we got twice as many weeks. 

It's happened , time to accept fate. Start this week, then Flex play at best depending on match ups . Really simple stuff here. Also he's technically a handcuff pretty soon.. so try to trade to a Gordon owner , unless you own MG3 .  After this week against MIA that is 

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Guys really?  No need for step 4 depression yet. 

We got Ekeler as a bargain to begin with and there is a good chance this could end up being a Ingram Kamara situation going forward.   

How dare you deprive us of our right to step 4! We were getting all ready for it and everything! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

And the rest of us in this thread realllly hope this isn't the case.  

Now seems as good a time as any to mention MGIII's sub 4 yards a carry prior to 2018, his missed games due to injuries throughout his career, the potential health effects of missing two months worth of football practices and getting used to getting tackled again while everyone else has warmed up, and the Chargers suspect offensive line, Dr. Ross.  :)

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 2

Well before we start to panic there’s still a lot of scenarios that are in play here. One of which Gordon still getting traded at some point and getting value for him this year instead of letting him walk next year.

25 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

I mean us ekeler guys all knew this was happening right??

Yeah idc. He's been better than expected with a shorter stay. People are dropping guys they drafted before I got Ekeler, and spending 1/3 of their FAAB on Wayne Gallman. I'm happy to get what I've already gotten based on what I invested in him. Anyone that thinks he's going to get more touches than Melvin (after he gets back up to speed) is completely delusional, but he'll be a flex at worst in standards, and he's even more valuable in PPR leagues. I mean even his ROS outlook basically matches his draft position.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Well before we start to panic there’s still a lot of scenarios that are in play here. One of which Gordon still getting traded at some point and getting value for him this year instead of letting him walk next year.

Most likely not going to happen , would have by now. Why give up any assets when you can get him for free next year. Not free but you know what I mean , just

sign him to a new deal outright. NFL trade deadline is Oct 29 , this scenario is slim to none. 

Edited by RunCMC

The Chargers set a ridiculous bar for trade offers because they want to keep Melvin at his current low deal. They didn't sign him to an extension because they think he wants more than he's worth, and because of it, they'll keep him and run him into the ground this year and then let him walk. It's all fairly obvious.

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Most likely not going to happen , would have by now. Why give up any assets when you can get him for free next year. Not free but you know what I mean , just

sign him to a new deal outright. NFL trade deadline is Oct 29 , this scenario is slim to none. 

A lot can change between now and then. Especially with teams that are in playoff contention. Also next year they don’t get a guarantee that they can get him.