throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Tribe Called Questionable said:

Holdouts happen every year. I read that the team will usually waive the fines when the player finally returns. Thanos is a cheap owner. Gordon got bad advice from his agent.

Lol. Ruining teams at the snap of a finger. 

Edited by Wyzzil

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Don't think you fully realize how valuable a roster spot is for an NFL team. They would use the exemption to make sure Gordon is up to speed/game shape. If they don't plan on playing him right away, why would they not use that roster spot to hold someone who can contribute for another week?

That is IF they even use the exemption come tomorrow.

I get how the NFL works. Im just saying if they really wanted him back badly they would try to get him in the line up ASAP. Thats IF he even reports tomorrow. Thats the reality. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I just jumped on this ship. Going to give a contrary opinion than most. Outside of the fumble, he's proven he's significantly improved. Last year when Gordon was out, Ekeler was not effective. It's been a complete revelation so far this season. Not unusual given it's only his 3rd year. Gordon will start and get his, but Ekeler will not phase out as much as he has in past seasons. I think he can return RB2 value in 1/2 PPR. Obviously more in full. With Henry out, he'll probably finish 3rd in touches in a very good offense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

I just jumped on this ship. Going to give a contrary opinion than most. Outside of the fumble, he's proven he's significantly improved. Last year when Gordon was out, Ekeler was not effective. It's been a complete revelation so far this season. Not unusual given it's only his 3rd year. Gordon will start and get his, but Ekeler will not phase out as much as he has in past seasons. I think he can return RB2 value in 1/2 PPR. Obviously more in full. With Henry out, he'll probably finish 3rd in touches in a very good offense. 

So...trade OBJ for Ekeler?  Just kidding.  I agree with you that Ekeler will still have some value once Melvin Gordon gets up to speed.  But I would say flex or low end flex, not the league winner he is being right now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So...trade OBJ for Ekeler?  Just kidding.  I agree with you that Ekeler will still have some value once Melvin Gordon gets up to speed.  But I would say flex or low end flex, not the league winner he is being right now.

Let's not get crazy haha. I could be completely wrong, wouldn't be the first time. But I sense something here. I just don't believe after what Ekeler has shown, he'll be treated the same as last season. He's shifty, he's powerful, he's fast. Danny Woodhead was solid in the role. I think Ekeler is better. 

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Don't think you fully realize how valuable a roster spot is for an NFL team. They would use the exemption to make sure Gordon is up to speed/game shape. If they don't plan on playing him right away, why would they not use that roster spot to hold someone who can contribute for another week?

That is IF they even use the exemption come tomorrow.

1 hour ago, atrium said:

Why would he come back earlier than expected if this was his attitude?

What I'm saying is now that he's back the situation of fines for his missing games must now be resolved and it appears the Chargers intend to collect that money which adds up to half of his pay for 2019.

We don't know if that's going to be an issue for MG given since the entire reason he held out was over money.

Why would now play for even less money now when his sole purpose was to preserve his body in the first place?

Edited by theSPANKER

6 hours ago, Tribe Called Questionable said:

Holdouts happen every year. I read that the team will usually waive the fines when the player finally returns. Thanos is a cheap owner. Gordon got bad advice from his agent.

Oh boy, MG3 wanted more money, withstanding the fine... He's going to get only $3.4m out of the $5m scheduled.

Who thinks the drama is not yet over?

• Like 1

Can somebody explain what's up with this potential exempt list situation? 

Possible that Gordon doesn't play not just this week but also week 5?

Also wondering if the two sides got together and felt reporting was the best way to engage in trade talks with other teams.

Just now, kyoun1e said:

Can somebody explain what's up with this potential exempt list situation? 

Possible that Gordon doesn't play not just this week but also week 5?

Also wondering if the two sides got together and felt reporting was the best way to engage in trade talks with other teams.

The Chargers will have a two-week roster exemption at their disposal with Gordon once he reports.

26 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

The Chargers will have a two-week roster exemption at their disposal with Gordon once he reports.

they effin' blow for nixing that Howstin trade ... us MGIII cats woulda had some production on the bored already, and you Ekelites woulda been kept in the rb1 biz ...

doooooshbags for fuggin' us all

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

they effin' blow for nixing that Howstin trade ... us MGIII cats woulda had some production on the bored already, and you Ekelites woulda been kept in the rb1 biz ...

Yep....

Now we might be lucky if we can get some kabobs... 

While they keep us guessing on the usage...

And RW bros killing and knifing on each other....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Szer0 said:

Yep....

Now we might be lucky if we can get some kabobs... 

While they keep us guessing on the usage...

And RW bros killing and knifing on each other....

... and keeps us 2 meeting up in the flava o'the week "CHOOOO CHOOOOO" threads

🤣

• Haha 1

Chaghas gonna Chagha 

It is very possible they plan to stick Gordon with the max amount of fines and throw his butt on the exemption list for 2 weeks.    Spanos is ruthless and doesn’t tolerate strong arm tactics in any way.    Every so often an ambitious agent forgets this and needs a reminder.  

Hold on to your butts...

When is the trade deadline?

If he's on the list for a couple weeks, maybe that's prime time for trading him away.

7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

What are these mental gymnastics 😂

One would be wise to consider the possibility MG3 is a part time or short term player.   We get that his owners are REALLY EXCITED-   but he’s not the future for LAC.   This is a show up so you can get out situation.  

13 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

One would be wise to consider the possibility MG3 is a part time or short term player.   We get that his owners are REALLY EXCITED-   but he’s not the future for LAC.   This is a show up so you can get out situation.  

If Gordon is essentially a 12 game rental, and Ekeler is the future, why wouldn't the Chargers run Gordon into the ground this season as they don't care about his future, and limit Ekelers touches to keep him healthier for the long run?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ball So Hard said:

If Gordon is essentially a 12 game rental, and Ekeler is the future, why wouldn't the Chargers run Gordon into the ground this season as they don't care about his future, and limit Ekelers touches to keep him healthier for the long run?

Ideally they'll want Melvin Gordon to be healthy for the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Ball So Hard said:

because he owns ekeler and not gordon

• Like 3

People forget that Ekeler is a FA in 2020 as well. Chargers won't be able to put a low tender on him because many teams would be interested and match. Granted, much easier to tie Ekeler long-term than Gordon. But Ekeler isn't necessarily a long-term investment either.

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Houston is where RBs go to die.