throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

This is way too much anger for a 7th rounder being reduced to a FLEX play after putting up 4 weeks of practically free RB1 production. Did you guys not think Melvin was coming back at some point when you drafted Ekeler?

I don't see anger.  I see speculation on what happens next, which I think is fair.

MGIII owners want it to be a fait accompli that 2018 September-November status quo returns as soon as possible.  I get that, if I were in their shoes I'd want that too.  But I certainly also think it's worth wondering if that's not the case, because hey, things change.

Then again, I'm biased, I'm an Ekeler guy and I'm greedy.  Sue me.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Was hoping he would come back mid to late season.. not this early!

4 weeks of RB1 in the 7th round is insane. Then he's going to produce like a 7th rounder for the rest of the season.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, jccouger said:

Because his production has a direct correlation with how much he will get in his next contract with a new team. 

If he doesn't produce, why would a team want to pay for him? 

But teams already know what MG is capable of, which is a dynamic 3 down back. His market value can't really get any better with good performance, but it can get much worse if he suffers injury or for some reason has a bad season (which is shortened due to the hold out and he doesn't have as much time to bounce back). 

The only thing MG gains is satisfying the requirements to become a FA, but that's accomplished by him assuming all risk and no gain in market value. 

Edited by Mr.STD

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Houston is where RBs go to die. 

1 hour ago, Szer0 said:

Not for Carlos Hyde.

Only for duke truthers

Oh how quickly we forget Lamar Miller.  Lamar Miller was an outstanding talent in Miami with some huge splash games.  The only issue was Miami would often get negative game flow and abandon him.  When Miller moved to Houston, excitement was in the air and he rocketed to late first-round pick status.  But Houston - much like Minnesota would do a quarter century earlier when they acquired Herschel Walker - didn't understand how their new prize worked.  They decided to try to run him up the A gap 18 times a game instead of using him in space and giving him a chance to show off his dynamic ability.  Miller's star dropped precipitously.

Hyde was already dead and I'm enjoying his Renaissance.  But I don't think his success (although I don't know what you call last week) is really a reason to have wished Melvin Gordon landed here.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bluecore said:

Chiefs should try to trade for this guy or offer him a contract when he becomes a free agent 

Why on earth would the Chargers trade him to one of the biggest contenders in the AFC?

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Why on earth would the Chargers trade him to one of the biggest contenders in the AFC?

Because they appreciate a challenge and want to be good stewards to fantasy football, of course!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

This is way too much anger for a 7th rounder being reduced to a FLEX play after putting up 4 weeks of practically free RB1 production. Did you guys not think Melvin was coming back at some point when you drafted Ekeler?

This is what I'm not understanding (and I even took him a little later). The running backs you're taking at that point in the draft are expected to be flex guys anyway.

6 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

This is what I'm not understanding (and I even took him a little later). The running backs you're taking at that point in the draft are expected to be flex guys anyway.

Yeah right every guy I draft is top 15 at his position no matter what round. Can't believe Melvin Gordon is ruining my genius pick!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Yeah right every guy I draft is top 15 at his position no matter what round. Can't believe Melvin Gordon is ruining my genius pick!

You'll fit right in here at Rotoworld™️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

If I can't type "RB/WR/TE/QB 1 ROS" then what good is living?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Finally a place where my hard-hitting galaxy brain analysis is appreciated!

4 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

What Rotoworld poster owns

QB - Mayfield

RB - Mixon, Freeman

WR - Smith-Schuster, Diggs

FLEX - Ekeler

TE - Howard

What Rotoworld poster thinks they own

Hide contents

QB - Mahomes

RB - Cook, Cook

WR - Allen, Allen

FLEX - Cook

TE - Kelce

"Hey guys, I just heard that Luke Falk liked a tweet once of Jameson Crowder's.  This connection is LEGIT.  Crowder #1 WR ROS, book it."

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Any tinfoil hat ways to rationalize this?

Not good.

Doesn't sound like he's hitting any exempt list either. Jeesh. Give me one additional week and I'm good.

Thought Ekeler has earned some respect with how well he’s been playing but those comments from Lynn are not encouraging. Lynn is welcoming Gordon back like his long lost son. Points to Ekeler being an afterthought once Gordon is up and running. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IslandBoy said:

Thought Ekeler has earned some respect with how well he’s been playing but those comments from Lynn are not encouraging. Lynn is welcoming Gordon back like his long lost son. Points to Ekeler being an afterthought once Gordon is up and running. 

He’ll at least be what he was last year, with the possibility of a larger share of the backfield. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ekeler is an amazing buy low, someone will try to unload him, but he will still be a 12-15 ppg candidate as a flex guy

I am buying, and it was my intention all along

"Never say never, but doubt he’ll play this weekend," was Lynn's exact quote. Lynn also made it clear Gordon will remain the team's starter once he's back up to speed following his lengthy holdout. "He's our starter. No doubt," Lynn said. "As soon as Melvin's ready, he'll go back. He'll go back to number one." Gordon could be looking at a 70 percent snap share over Austin Ekeler as early as Week 5.

Well...that clears things up.

It is a little odd that he would come right out and say it, but it makes sense too.  He probably wants to make sure there's no team disruption when Gordon returns, and make it clear to Melvin that they're very happy to have him back.

Ekeler should have never been drafted as a fantasy starter. He's been a bonus for a few weeks filling in for one of your other top RBs.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 1

You guys are reading into this too much. Every team has a starting RB. What matters is how much of the work they share. Which is still to be determined.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

I’m also not sure why the Gordon owners are ecstatic and the ekeler owners are down. We just got 4 weeks of Rb1 production from a 7th round pick in ekeler. Maybe more if they use a two week roster exemption on gordon. Then we still get at the minimum flex value out of him. Meanwhile Gordon was drafted somewhere in the 4-5th round and has shown zero points so far and his health/productivity is yet to be determined. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Haha 1