throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

I’m also not sure why the Gordon owners are ecstatic and the ekeler owners are down. We just got 4 weeks of Rb1 production from a 7th round pick in ekeler. Maybe more if they use a two week roster exemption on gordon. Then we still get at the minimum flex value out of him. Meanwhile Gordon was drafted somewhere in the 4-5th round and has shown zero points so far and his health/productivity is yet to be determined. 

Gordon owners are happy because 4 weeks is at the low end of how many games he could have sat out.  Still a great bargain in the 5th round or later.  Ekeler owners are down because they were hoping for more weeks without Gordon. Yes, he’ll still have his RB3/flex role from last year, and possibly a larger share of the backfield than he had last year. 

Just now, y2jbones said:

Gordon owners are happy because 4 weeks is at the low end of how many games he could have sat out.  Still a great bargain in the 5th round or later.  Ekeler owners are down because they were hoping for more weeks without Gordon. Yes, he’ll still have his RB3/flex role from last year, and possibly a larger share of the backfield than he had last year. 

4 weeks wasn’t the low. He could have came back week 1. Most players just hold out through training camp etc. he’s missed 25% of the season already and probably more. I wouldn’t be thrilled of picking him in the 4th round. The teams that have Gordon in my leagues are either 0-3 or 1-2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I’m also not sure why the Gordon owners are ecstatic and the ekeler owners are down. We just got 4 weeks of Rb1 production from a 7th round pick in ekeler. Maybe more if they use a two week roster exemption on gordon. Then we still get at the minimum flex value out of him. Meanwhile Gordon was drafted somewhere in the 4-5th round and has shown zero points so far and his health/productivity is yet to be determined. 

Seems like some had the 10 week thing written in stone.

I'll take 4.  It's been awesome.  Melvin could have reported before week 1 like Zeke and we could have had 0.

It'll be interesting to see what his role looks like.  Like you said if you drafted him to be a bye week fill in, time to see what that looks like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

4 weeks wasn’t the low. He could have came back week 1. Most players just hold out through training camp etc. he’s missed 25% of the season already and probably more. I wouldn’t be thrilled of picking him in the 4th round. The teams that have Gordon in my leagues are either 0-3 or 1-2.

I said 5th round or later. I drafted Gordon in the 5th and am 3-0. I planned accordingly and stocked up on RBs after taking 2 stud WRs. He’s a great bargain. Ekeler was drafted just 2 rounds later in my league. You’re right, he could have reported week 1. Once he didn’t, owners were worried he’d miss half the season. We’re happy with him missing only 4 games. 

Just now, y2jbones said:

I said 5th round or later. I drafted Gordon in the 5th and am 3-0. I planned accordingly and stocked up on RBs after taking 2 stud WRs. He’s a great bargain. Ekeler was drafted just 2 rounds later in my league. You’re right, he could have reported week 1. Once he didn’t, owners were worried he’d miss half the season. We’re happy with him missing only 4 games. 

They slap the 2 week roster exemption on him and that now turns into more. Which so far it sounds like that’s what they are doing but again a lot is still to be determined.

15 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

They slap the 2 week roster exemption on him and that now turns into more. Which so far it sounds like that’s what they are doing but again a lot is still to be determined.

Yeah-  definitely not time for victory laps.  It’s promising that he’s back and the coaches want him to start “whenever he’s ready”.   It’s less promising that he is likely to be fined millions of dollars and have quite a bit of incentive to show out and then get “banged up.”   A serious injury will cost him tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed salary.  It could even end his career.

He could be a top 5 weekly,  a Rb2 timeshare guy,  or out a few weeks—play a few weeks- out again.    Who knows?  

Only a fool counts their chickens at this point 

Edited by Impreza178

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

Any tinfoil hat ways to rationalize this? 

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys are reading into this too much. Every team has a starting RB. What matters is how much of the work they share. Which is still to be determined.

^^ Found it. ^^

• Haha 2

Ekeler: 25 carries for 190 yards and 2 TD's ; 7 receptions for 120 yards and 2 TD's

Justin Jackson (calf) was added to the Chargers' injury report on Thursday, getting in a limited session.

Jackson's status is now questionable for Sunday's game against the Dolphins. If healthy, Jackson could be looking at nearly an entire half of clock-killing duties. Were he to sit, it would create an interesting dilemma for coach Anthony Lynn, who wants to avoid using Melvin Gordon so soon after reporting from his marathon holdout.

Sep 26, 2019, 6:45 PM ET

•  

Really doubt Gordon plays this week regardless of Jackson's status. Maybe a little depending on their roster situation at the position. This just means Ekeler should be projected to score 25+ points this week if Jackson is out.

1 minute ago, beerfish said:

Ekeler: 25 carries for 190 yards and 2 TD's ; 7 receptions for 120 yards and 2 TD's

Justin Jackson (calf) was added to the Chargers' injury report on Thursday, getting in a limited session.

Jackson's status is now questionable for Sunday's game against the Dolphins. If healthy, Jackson could be looking at nearly an entire half of clock-killing duties. Were he to sit, it would create an interesting dilemma for coach Anthony Lynn, who wants to avoid using Melvin Gordon so soon after reporting from his marathon holdout.

•  

No Mike Williams, Gordon, Jackson or Henry against the worst defense in the league?  Well, we'll always have this one fellas.

2 minutes ago, beerfish said:

•  

I read that quote on my player notes and I find it interesting. Considering how the Chargers have struggled so far and even the Cowboys only had a four point lead going into the half. Should have at least a quarter though to clock-kill if they don't wet the bed in this game.

Mike Williams is looking doubtful. This is shaping up to be a huge week for Ekeler and Allen. We'll see what happens if Ekeler can have a statement performance.

Edited by MKO3090
  • Like 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2019/9/26/20884991/melvin-gordon-austin-ekeler-los-angeles-chargers-fantasy

Interesting take.  I know, I know, he probably owns Ekeler, it's all just speculation.  But perhaps some merit in suggesting that he's earned more time, and the Chargers defensive injuries creating more passing situations?

MGIII owners, I know I'm still in denial phase in Kubler-Ross.

What's Ekeler's value right now?

Obviously one final huge game this week is expected, and then expectation is he reverts back to PPR-only flex.

Say, which WR would you offer straight up for him in PPR?

3 minutes ago, frog34 said:

What's Ekeler's value right now?

Obviously one final huge game this week is expected, and then expectation is he reverts back to PPR-only flex.

Say, which WR would you offer straight up for him in PPR?

He was RB 25 in that format last year.  If someone offered me a stable WR2 I'd have to consider it.

• Like 2

I’m scared to death to be playing against Ekeler this weekend. Is anyone else going to take touches? I thought my only hope was Jackson taking all the touches in the 2nd half.

Edited by gufomel

3 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I’m scared to death to be playing against Ekeler this weekend. Is anyone else going to take touches? I thought my only hope was Jackson taking all the touches in the 2nd half.

Apparently they just added some guy named Melvin to the squad, they might give him a few carries in garbage time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Ekeler is going to get 25 touches in this game 

At 10 yards a pop and 10 of those touches being catches plus 3 TDs, that’s 48 fantasy points in half-ppr 🤦‍♂️😱🤦‍♂️😱

Edited by gufomel

1 minute ago, beerfish said:

Apparently they just added some guy named Melvin to the squad, they might give him a few carries in garbage time.

Ironically I play the Melvin owner next week so all that does is get Melvin more game ready for next week haha

4 minutes ago, beerfish said:

If they weren't playing Miami I might posit that throwing him into the fire after two practices when everyone else has had two months of practices might be a rough idea for a guy who sprained his MCL last November.

But, hell, it's the Dolphins.  Game on, I guess.