throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

9 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

All these people predicting Gordon will be some bell cow while Ekeler, the current fantasy RB leader, will be some barely used bench fodder are funny. Look what’s happening in Dallas with Zeke and Pollard. The bell cow days are O-V-E-R. Zeke is more of a beast than Gordon, he’s been far more healthy in his career and he’s been a top 3 back every year, aside from the suspension year, but he still finished 9th. Even Zeke is having his role reduced so he’s not run into the ground. Lynn has already said Ekeler and Jackson will have a major role going forward. Gordon is the starter of course and will see the most work, but Ekeler and even Jackson will be involved. This will be a RBBC, just like pretty much every other team now employs, say hello to the new NFL. 

Zeke held out... they were easing him back and the dolphins game they clearly didn't need him in the second half. 

Back to ekeler,  he's gonna take a backseat to a certain degree. 75% Gordon going forward after these next two games. They'll share for the next two games but after that it's all Gordon. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Zeke held out... they were easing him back and the dolphins game they clearly didn't need him in the second half. 

Back to ekeler,  he's gonna take a backseat to a certain degree. 75% Gordon going forward after these next two games. They'll share for the next two games but after that it's all Gordon. 

It won't be all Gordon after two games. Ekeler is a far more electric and effective pass catcher. And Gordon has mostly taken a backseat to Ekeler in that role the last two seasons. Hence the standalone flex value for Ekeler in PPR leagues.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ekeler's role with Gordon in the mix actually increases compared to previous seasons.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, devaster said:

It won't be all Gordon after two games. Ekeler is a far more electric and effective pass catcher. And Gordon has mostly taken a backseat to Ekeler in that role the last two seasons. Hence the standalone flex value for Ekeler in PPR leagues.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ekeler's role with Gordon in the mix actually increases compared to previous seasons.

We shall see. I own neither so it doesn't bother me one bit. Just my opinion

14 minutes ago, devaster said:

As someone that repeatedly told people that Jackson was a waste of a fantasy roster spot whether Gordon was playing or not, he didn't get snaps at the beginning of last year, and will get plenty more this year. I think Ekeler and Gordon get less snaps with everyone healthy than they did last year. 

28 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

As someone that repeatedly told people that Jackson was a waste of a fantasy roster spot whether Gordon was playing or not, he didn't get snaps at the beginning of last year, and will get plenty more this year. I think Ekeler and Gordon get less snaps with everyone healthy than they did last year. 

But everyone is not healthy....Jackson is not even in the equation.

1 hour ago, DezDynastyBryant said:

lol anyone who says ekeler is gonna split or anything close to that with gordon...theyre gonna ride him into the ground his last year there

This. 

The better Gordon does the bigger contract he gets. The better contract the better comp pick.  Also their success this season

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

That you don't have one. Let's move on. 

You truly believe Jackson will get more snaps?  What is the percentage you envision everyone gets when he's back and healthy?

Edited by theSPANKER

5 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

No one is arguing Ekeler is a better player than Gordon. What we are pushing back on is the fantasy Gordon owners have of him becoming some bell cow who's going to be getting 90% of the touches while Ekeler becomes bench fodder. All we can go on is the last time we saw Gordon, and he was below average last time we saw him while Ekeler has been one of the best RBs in the league this year. You have no way of knowing if Gordon is fully recovered from his MCL sprain or not and practice tells us nothing, he's not taking real hits and going full speed in practice. Ekeler will be seeing a bigger role this year and will be an RB2, flex at worst. 

I'm not saying it's trivial because Gordon doesn't have the prototypical build of a RB that will last (his legs look like twigs), but the only way Ekeler is a RB2 this year is if Gordon gets hurt. I'm sure you know but look at what he did last year pre-injury. If memory serves he didn't have one week under 15. That's ridiculous. 

You guys are really pulling at straws here. No one for sure knows what’s going to happen. But if you think about it logically. Yeah they want to run Gordon into the ground because this is probably his last year with the chargers but at the same time they don’t want to slap ekeler in his face for all the production he’s given all these years and these first 4 weeks. Also he may be the future. This is probably something the chargers don’t know for sure yet. Do they try to invest in Gordon? Or do they let him go? This year is completely different from all the rest that you guys are pulling snap % numbers from. It will probably be close to a 50/50 split or a 60/40 in Gordon’s favor but that’s about it.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

NFL Network reporting Gordon “will only be used in an emergency today”...Ekeler gets his showout day for other teams when his contract comes up.

• Like 1

I am expecting a GREAT game from Ekeler which will have the coaches rethinking their plan to make Gordon the 1A in a 50/50 timeshare. Ekeler is too good to sit now. He has led the team to a great record and has suprassed expectations as a bellcow back. He has more than shown he can handle all three downs including goal line carries. The team will recognize that Ekeler is the superior back and feed him accordingly. Gordon owners are in a for a big surprise after this week. Ekeler is the starter and will remain that way. Fire up the mighty one!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I am expecting a GREAT game from Ekeler which will have the coaches rethinking their plan to make Gordon the 1A in a 50/50 timeshare. Ekeler is too good to sit now. He has led the team to a great record and has suprassed expectations as a bellcow back. He has more than shown he can handle all three downs including goal line carries. The team will recognize that Ekeler is the superior back and feed him accordingly. Gordon owners are in a for a big surprise after this week. Ekeler is the starter and will remain that way. Fire up the mighty one!!!!

Clifford was an underrated masterpiece.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I am expecting a GREAT game from Ekeler which will have the coaches rethinking their plan to make Gordon the 1A in a 50/50 timeshare.

Sure, after he's been one of the most productive running backs in the league the first 3 weeks, even though the instant Gordon's holdout ended, this

image.png.1928fbe70dab9136e57ba94594deff26.png

happened. There's a 0% chance that what you just posted actually happens.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm not saying it's trivial because Gordon doesn't have the prototypical build of a RB that will last (his legs look like twigs), but the only way Ekeler is a RB2 this year is if Gordon gets hurt. I'm sure you know but look at what he did last year pre-injury. If memory serves he didn't have one week under 15. That's ridiculous. 

Ekeler was RB25 last year in PPR, only one spot out of what would be considered RB2 on the year. He’s already racked up enough points to finish inside the top 24 this year unless he gets hurt and he’s still going to have a nice role in this offense going forward. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Thanks for September Ekeler.  You were a God.

See ya during the byes and if MGIII misses time.

Rock God.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Sure, after he's been one of the most productive running backs in the league the first 3 weeks, even though the instant Gordon's holdout ended, this

image.png.1928fbe70dab9136e57ba94594deff26.png

happened. There's a 0% chance that what you just posted actually happens.

Gordon isn't going to go unused. But I also don't see the team running him into the ground. Ekeler already had a significant receiving back role even when Gordon was healthy the last two seasons. And he has proven capable of being the lead back this season. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Chargers lean on Ekeler a bit more than the last two seasons with Gordon back in the mix. It doesn't make any sense to phase out the RB they will be leaning on after this season for the one they will let walk in FA.

Just now, devaster said:

Gordon isn't going to go unused. But I also don't see the team running him into the ground. Ekeler already had a significant receiving back role even when Gordon was healthy the last two seasons. And he has proven capable of being the lead back this season. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Chargers lean on Ekeler a bit more than the last two seasons with Gordon back in the mix. It doesn't make any sense to phase out the RB they will be leaning on after this season for the one they will let walk in FA.

Keep one guy healthy, or run the guy who'll be gone into the ground. It's a toss up but either way it makes sense. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Keep one guy healthy, or run the guy who'll be gone into the ground. It's a toss up but either way it makes sense. 

They will want a decent comp pick for Gordon and getting Gordon injured won't help anyone. Running your entire offense through a player that you will let walk at the expense of the one you plan on keeping for seasons to come is a strange decision.

He'll be used more than last year. That'll make him a top 20 back from here on out if Jackson is completely phased out. 

Edited by MKO3090
  • Haha 1