Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 hour ago, kretan182 said:

What a shame that the bellcow games came to a premature end today. [...]

Or have they?

jk Yeah they have

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MKO3090 said:

He'll be used more than last year. That'll make him a top 20 back from here on out if Jackson is completely phased out. 

Keep telling yourself that.  Was a good ride though!

10 minutes ago, kdko said:

He was 24th last season. He's improved since then. It isn't a big jump. 

Edited by MKO3090

2 hours ago, devaster said:

They will want a decent comp pick for Gordon and getting Gordon injured won't help anyone. Running your entire offense through a player that you will let walk at the expense of the one you plan on keeping for seasons to come is a strange decision.

You need production to get a comp pick. The more productive the player you lost that off-season, the higher the comp pick the following season. Gordon's name alone doesn't get it done.

48 minutes ago, kdko said:

Agreed. It was a great ride, but won’t start him unless they say they will ease Gordon in which I doubt is the case. 

8 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I am expecting a GREAT game from Ekeler which will have the coaches rethinking their plan to make Gordon the 1A in a 50/50 timeshare. Ekeler is too good to sit now. He has led the team to a great record and has suprassed expectations as a bellcow back. He has more than shown he can handle all three downs including goal line carries. The team will recognize that Ekeler is the superior back and feed him accordingly. Gordon owners are in a for a big surprise after this week. Ekeler is the starter and will remain that way. Fire up the mighty one!!!!

Im sure the Steelers thought the same thing when D'Angelo Williams stepped in and became the RB1 for 3 weeks while Le'Veon Bell was suspended. Oh that's right...Bell assumed 3 down back status after the suspension and Williams went right back to the bench.

Just now, Newtown said:

Im sure the Steelers thought the same thing when D'Angelo Williams stepped in and became the RB1 for 3 weeks while Le'Veon Bell was suspended. Oh that's right...Bell assumed 3 down back status after the suspension and Williams went right back to the bench.

Williams was in his 30's and near retirement. Ekeler is still on his rookie contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

Agreed. It was a great ride, but won’t start him unless they say they will ease Gordon in which I doubt is the case. 

He's a flex for me until further notice. I own both, but I don't trust one way or the other right now. So, I'll blow a starting spot for him. Plus, since Gordon can get injured at any moment I will have him in a position to pick up those points.

We are all trying to predict how the backfield will shake out. We don’t really know but we will find out. If you have safer options I’d go with them, but Ekeler is probably fine in your flex. We should get some info as the weeks goes on.

• Like 1

Hope he vultures at least one TD a game just to keep the Gordon trolls off this thread.

Edited by altmin
  • Haha 1

Is there a chance Ekeler returns to this role next year if Gordon leaves?

what kind of contract is Ekeler on? When is he a free agent?  If Gordon leave, is Ekeler the guy or do they bring another RB in?

1 minute ago, Rs79 said:

Is there a chance Ekeler returns to this role next year if Gordon leaves?

what kind of contract is Ekeler on? When is he a free agent?  If Gordon leave, is Ekeler the guy or do they bring another RB in?

They didn't have any issue using him that way this year. I don't see why they wouldn't handle their backfield next year the way they've handled it in September. It worked great, and both guys are on rookie deals. If they're concerned about durability they could spend a Day 3 pick on depth. Maybe they're more committed to having a bruiser though. It could go a few ways.

2 hours ago, Newtown said:

Until he got hurt 3 weeks later and DWill finished the year as a top-5 RB...

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

Until he got hurt 3 weeks later and DWill finished the year as a top-5 RB...

Fake news.

Bell totalled almost 1900 yards and 10 TDs in 12 games in 2016.

Bell cow, reinstated.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Fake news.

Bell totalled almost 1900 yards and 10 TDs in 12 games in 2016.

Bell cow, reinstated.

I was talking about 2015. Bell got suspended more than one season. Definitely NOT fake news, which wouldn't have taken you long to figure out if you had bothered to look.

I think we might see similar to what Darrel Williams, the 3rd string back, is doing in KC last few weeks. McCoy is starting and getting more touches, but Williams has been awfully effective with his touches as the passing down back and he’s seeing a handful of carries. 15 points last week and 19 today. He will for sure be flex worthy with low RB2 upside. 

Edited by Dexter75

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

I was talking about 2015. Bell got suspended more than one season. Definitely NOT fake news, which wouldn't have taken you long to figure out if you had bothered to look.

Did Williams run like a RB1 after 3 weeks until Bell came back in 2015? Of course not because Bell was suspended for 2 games in 2015. You would know if you bothered to look.

Either way, the point was Bell went back to bell cow status. Williams to the bench. That's the real point.

Edited by Newtown

40 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Did Williams run like a RB1 after 3 weeks until Bell came back in 2015? Of course not because Bell was suspended for 2 games in 2015. You would know if you bothered to look.

Either way, the point was Bell went back to bell cow status. Williams to the bench. That's the real point.

You're still comparing a running back on his rookie deal to a guy on his last legs. I'm not sure you could find a worse comparison.

More than likely, this situation will be similar to last year.

Gordon goes back to being a volume stud and Ekeler is a low-end RB2 / High-end RB3 in PPR with some ups and downs.

Some Gordon owners were so excited they started him this week. Lol. How’d that work out for you? Im starting ekeler next week too and not looking back till I see for myself Gordon take a significant percentage of the snaps. People trying to pull up comparisons from years ago with players in completely different situations. No one with any common sense is listening to that.

Edited by StevenSC400

7 minutes ago, Sdig14 said:

You're still comparing a running back on his rookie deal to a guy on his last legs. I'm not sure you could find a worse comparison.

More than likely, this situation will be similar to last year.

Gordon goes back to being a volume stud and Ekeler is a low-end RB2 / High-end RB3 in PPR with some ups and downs.

My point was Ekeler will revert back to his old role just like DWill did. Even after a starter had been away from an extended period.

And it was basically confirmed by the head coach. 

Edited by Newtown

22 minutes ago, Newtown said:

My point was Ekeler will revert back to his old role just like DWill did. Even after a starter had been away from an extended period.

And it was basically confirmed by the head coach. 

Not guna say ur wrong..but even though its not exactly the same see royce freeman and philip lindsay from last year..dude was announced starter...that meant s---

Watched the game. Ekeler is so quick around the side on rushes, but he still almost never runs up the middle. That’s fine against the likes of Miami, but better teams that would reduce their play calling abilities. Still I think he’s a nice flex the rest of the way. At least I hope so for my sake.

• Like 1