Rotoworld.com Forums

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

13 minutes ago, bigunreal said:

I was flabbergasted at how Lynn kept Ekeler off the field for huge stretches of time in the last game, even when the game script favored him. Clearly, he loves Gordon no matter what. I can't trust Ekeler at this point, due to his idiotic coach. Will probably be benching him this week for Singletary. 

My assumption is that they’re making an effort to get MG3 back in the groove.   Being in shape isn’t the same as being in game shape and getting hit.   He is coming along...slowly.  

If they can have two effective backs and make the playoffs-   Huge win for LA.   

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all the non owners watching this thread rn:  

"Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  -Dr. Seuss Thanks for the amazing run, Austin.

Makes me feel old when you have to explain who Brian Westbrook was....

Posted Images

Too risky to start at the moment as the coaching staff seems obsessed with MGIII (even though he's looked like JAG since his injury last year).

However, there's much upside to drop Ekeler though. He'll ride my bench for the meantime, but has league winning upside as we've all seen earlier this year.

10 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

I don’t think Ekeler will have much value as long as Gordon is around. My hope is they trade Gordon at the deadline, but if the deadline passes and he is still on the team I may drop Ekeler.

If you have that attitude now you may as well start shopping him while he has some value. But I think Ekeler (in a PPR league) will have consistent value this year. The Chargers aren't that good. They're gonna be down a good bit in addition to getting his standard touches.

13 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

You need more carries? Maybe you shouldn’t have held out then. Shut up and play football.

Lol...he’s not wrong. And guys like him really do need and deserve the call. Unfortunately with that OLine I don’t think it matters much. 

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

You need more carries? Maybe you shouldn’t have held out then. Shut up and play football.

He was just trying to get paid. Who doesn't want that? Maybe it wasn't the smartest way to go about it. Of course, you can say he already gets paid millions blah blah. Who doesn't want more money? His contract looks like peanuts compared to some nfl players. It's easy to be envious of Melvin Gordon. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, john00 said:

He was just trying to get paid. Who doesn't want that? Maybe it wasn't the smartest way to go about it. Of course, you can say he already gets paid millions blah blah. Who doesn't want more money? His contract looks like peanuts compared to some nfl players. It's easy to be envious of Melvin Gordon. 

yeah but he doesnt have the stats to demand that $$$$....especially when he plays on a team that runs through rivers...if he was on a team with josh rosen as his qb he would probably be benched at some point for mark walton lol

1 hour ago, Power-O said:

i dont like the guy....doesnt deserve s--- and sucks as a rb...ekeler better and i dont give a dam what anyone says...he is a plodder and always will be

Gordon is a beast, a plodder? He averaged 5.1 yards per carry. Ekeler can’t handle an NFL workload, he’s averaging 3.8 a carry this year. Ekeler is like Danny woodhead. Gordon is a workhorse. 

1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Hopefully Ekeler gets his chance next season to be a feature back. He deserves it.

No team is gonna win games with Ekeler as a feature back. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

Gordon is a beast, a plodder? He averaged 5.1 yards per carry. Ekeler can’t handle an NFL workload, he’s averaging 3.8 a carry this year. Ekeler is like Danny woodhead. Gordon is a workhorse. 

No team is gonna win games with Ekeler as a feature back. 

dude YPC doesnt mean s---...the eye test is all you need....he is and has always been... A PLODDER!!! rivers inflates his numbers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Power-O said:

dude YPC doesnt mean s---...the eye test is all you need....he is and has always been... A PLODDER!!! rivers inflates his numbers

The eye test? Get in YouTube and watch some Melvin Gordon highlights real quick. You already said you don’t care what anyone says. However, Gordon is one of the best in the business. Ekeler is a role player. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Power-O said:

Lol Plodder? Eye test? Through Beer goggles by chance?

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Lol Plodder? Eye test? Through Beer goggles by chance?

Dude sounds like me hating on Tim Tebow after drinking a 5th of jack and re watching him beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs lmao. Melvin Gordon is dynamite. Ekeler is a fanatstic change of pace back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

Uh didn't they get their wins with Ekeler as the feature back?

They went .500 and one of those wins was against the Miami high school JV team. The other win was week 1 when every team is extremely rusty. You guys are acting like Ekeler is an elite Barkley level talent that carried the Chargers to victory lol