Rotoworld.com Forums

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

13 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Gordon hasn’t shown this year he can bang it up the middle either. And today’s nfl is much different from the past. A back that can split out wide and catch passes is way more valuable than a guy that’s only good for handoffs up the middle. Ekeler can easily thrive in this offense as he’s shown that already with Gordon out.

He missed months and has only played 2 games, I’m gonna lean towards his resume here.  Ekeler can ABSOLUTELY thrive in this offense for fantasy purposes. Over a 16 game season though? Gordon has showed he can catch passes, he’s not just a banger. You need balance in the NFL. No teams will respect the run with Ekeler lining up at tailback. He’s a great player in space. He’s a roll player though, not a franchise running back. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all the non owners watching this thread rn:  

"Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  -Dr. Seuss Thanks for the amazing run, Austin.

Makes me feel old when you have to explain who Brian Westbrook was....

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

They are pretty much the same player. Gordon’s 5.1 YPC from last year say otherwise. You’re fighting an uphill battle my friend. 

Like Gordon was with his holdout. Which Ekeler's stellar play ended...

Edited by Sticky2
23 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Gordon hasn’t shown this year he can bang it up the middle either. And today’s nfl is much different from the past. A back that can split out wide and catch passes is way more valuable than a guy that’s only good for handoffs up the middle. Ekeler can easily thrive in this offense as he’s shown that already with Gordon out.

This

17 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

Like Gordon was with his holdout. Which Ekeler's stellar play ended...

Melvin Gordon came out and said ekelers play forced him to come back? Crazy, I must’ve missed him saying that. This is getting quite old, Ekeler is going to get phased out more and more. Gordon is the man, a true 3 down back. It’ll be 70/30 split before ya know it and Ekeler will just be a handcuff that you once loved. I get it, I hope your fantasy team does okay still. Best of luck. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

Melvin Gordon came out and said ekelers play forced him to come back? Crazy, I must’ve missed him saying that. This is getting quite old, Ekeler is going to get phased out more and more. Gordon is the man, a true 3 down back. It’ll be 70/30 split before ya know it and Ekeler will just be a handcuff that you once loved. I get it, I hope your fantasy team does okay still. Best of luck. 

Actions speak louder than words. Like ending your holdout early because Ekeler is balling out of his mind and you will end up with nothing to show for it and diminished value.

15 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

To preface this, I own both, but you make it sound as if Gordon has stone hands, which is far from the truth. He had some huge receiving lines last year before being derailed by injuries.

1 hour ago, Sticky2 said:

Actions speak louder than words. Like ending your holdout early because Ekeler is balling out of his mind and you will end up with nothing to show for it and diminished value.

I am hoping both players cancel each other out allowing me easy access to a championship while laughing at the pointless back and forth in this worthless thread! Neither Ekeler nor Gordon will lead any of you to a title! LMAO!!!

10 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Weren’t you guys saying this 3 weeks ago? Haven’t seen it happen yet. Not with Gordon running for 2 yards a carry.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Weren’t you guys saying this 3 weeks ago? Haven’t seen it happen yet. Not with Gordon running for 2 yards a carry.

They’ll go into the offseason still swearing Gordon is elite and Ekeler is a bum. 

ostrich meet sand

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

When will this phasing out happen? Still waiting 

4 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Let this man do his job please!!!!

Tell me about it. This Gordon project needs to end. I think that fumble sealed his fate. He just doesn’t belong. At least not on this team. This is a prime example of when holding out goes horribly wrong. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Back to a weekly RB1. Gordon is toast.

I would take that for the points of course, but mainly to get the MGIII trolls to leave this thread alone.

Edited by altmin
22 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

He missed months and has only played 2 games, I’m gonna lean towards his resume here.  Ekeler can ABSOLUTELY thrive in this offense for fantasy purposes. Over a 16 game season though? Gordon has showed he can catch passes, he’s not just a banger. You need balance in the NFL. No teams will respect the run with Ekeler lining up at tailback. He’s a great player in space. He’s a roll player though, not a franchise running back. 

21 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Gordon looked awesome today, bro! Great calls!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
22 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

It's fun to go back and read this guy's take.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Gordon looked awesome today, bro! Great calls!

Lmaoooo I already admitted I was wrong in the post above you my dude. Gordon is hot garbage. I’d trade him to the bengals and let him rot away if I were the chargers. 

• Like 2

Unless they trade him Gordon isn’t going anywhere. He still got the majority of the carries and most of ekelers production came in a receiver when they were chasing points. Granted, he looked great doing it. I’m hoping they trade Gordon. I need a dependable RB2 so bad 😭

57 minutes ago, aapox said:

Unless they trade him Gordon isn’t going anywhere. He still got the majority of the carries and most of ekelers production came in a receiver when they were chasing points. Granted, he looked great doing it. I’m hoping they trade Gordon. I need a dependable RB2 so bad 😭

Carries mean nothing on this team. It’s all about snap counts on some teams and receiving work. And ekeler is rivers go to target. Gordon is a thorn in his side. But if I had to pick whose winning this race it would be ekeler.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1