Rotoworld.com Forums

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

On 10/20/2019 at 1:47 AM, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I am hoping both players cancel each other out allowing me easy access to a championship while laughing at the pointless back and forth in this worthless thread! Neither Ekeler nor Gordon will lead any of you to a title! LMAO!!!

not so sure about that...ur the guy who said MG was guna be they guy when he got back....get out of this thread...EKELER LIVES!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all the non owners watching this thread rn:  

"Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  -Dr. Seuss Thanks for the amazing run, Austin.

Makes me feel old when you have to explain who Brian Westbrook was....

Posted Images

MGIII troofer here 🙋‍♂️

trade his (MGIII) arse away, Chargers ... Ekeler has earned the right to carry this sitch, and JJ is soon to return from injury. 

do the right thing, Bolts - reward AE, and get the fudge on with chit regarding Gordon. 

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

MGIII troofer here 🙋‍♂️

trade his (MGIII) arse away, Chargers ... Ekeler has earned the right to carry this sitch, and JJ is soon to return from injury. 

do the right thing, Bolts - reward AE, and get the fudge on with chit regarding Gordon. 

I agree that Ekeler is a better fit, only problem is, what are you gonna get for him?

He’s looked terrible since he came back.  No one is gonna give you a 2nd round pick for him.

On 10/20/2019 at 12:42 AM, Ryansm11 said:

Melvin Gordon came out and said ekelers play forced him to come back? Crazy, I must’ve missed him saying that. This is getting quite old, Ekeler is going to get phased out more and more. Gordon is the man, a true 3 down back. It’ll be 70/30 split before ya know it and Ekeler will just be a handcuff that you once loved. I get it, I hope your fantasy team does okay still. Best of luck. 

I just don't understand how people BLATANTLY ignore obvious fact. Ekeler was RB 25 in PPR last year.....while missing two games

with MGIII getting 175 carries and 66 targets.

Ekeler IS A BIG PART OF THIS OFFENSE......WITH Gordon. 

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

I agree that Ekeler is a better fit, only problem is, what are you gonna get for him?

He’s looked terrible since he came back.  No one is gonna give you a 2nd round pick for him.

oh yeah, understood ... i said same thing you are in the MGIII thread last night 🤷‍♂️

but what's their other option? get nothing and watch him walk next season?  surely they understand the need to come down on the asking price to recoup something for his services. 

maybe Matty Patty makes a run ... Detroit may need a three down cat right 'bout now. 

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I guess it comes down to the compensation pick formula. And what they can get for him if he walks and signs a big contract. They could potentially get the same or a bit worse compensation earlier by trading him this season though.

I think the major issue is the RB market, not so much his play looking shaky this season. His play further complicates matters though.

Just now, devaster said:

I guess it comes down to the compensation pick formula. And what they can get for him if he walks and signs a big contract. They could potentially get the same or a bit worse compensation earlier by trading him this season though.

I think the major issue is the RB market, not so much his play looking shaky this season. His play further complicates matters though.

Let's also remember the Chargers have probably the worst front office in football.

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

It does indeed.   This return has surely deflated his value in an already down rb market.    The 2020 rookie rb class is off the charts too. 

The comp pick formula is based on aggregate team losses to FA-  not individual contracts signed... so it really depends on what the chargers do.   If Rivers returns, they’ll prob bring in as much talent as they lose...rendering comp value moot for MG3.   Assuming this is case-  they would be smart to deal Gordon for almost any pick they can get.   A fourth or fifth would be lovely.   

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shiiit at this point they might as well trade Gordon to a team that has a solid offensive lineman. The o line looks horrible. Im glad they went to ekeler a bit more this week. 

They have to realize by now that ekeler is the one that moves the chains more at this point. 

2 hours ago, HOF12 said:

Shiiit at this point they might as well trade Gordon to a team that has a solid offensive lineman. The o line looks horrible. Im glad they went to ekeler a bit more this week. 

They have to realize by now that ekeler is the one that moves the chains more at this point. 

If they don't, then they are absolute FOOLS.  I can only imagine all the local news reports recapping the game and MG being the main subject.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

You were right all along. I should have listened! Good call.

I don't think your premise was faulty.

MGIII is a talented dude.  We knows this.

It's just that LAC has no use for a three down workhorse with beer vendors filling in along the line these days.  They just need guys who can catch.

And at 2-5 they're not gonna have a whole lot of patience for Melvin shaking off ball security rust.

He may have a part to play yet.  He's still a talented dude and there's plenty of season left.

• Like 1

I don't know why people keep saying that it has to Gordon OR Ekeler. Why can't it be both. The OC has to get more creative. I was watching the game and Ekeler was running slant routes like Wes Welker. Yes, watching the game he reminded me of Welker when they moved him out wide.

Why can't both of these backs be used the right way? Put both of them on the field. It opens up so many options and mismatches. Both can be fantasy relevant in a big way. Ekeler is a mismatch for any safety, nickel corner or LB. Gordon is their workhorse.

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

I don't know why people keep saying that it has to Gordon OR Ekeler. Why can't it be both. The OC has to get more creative. I was watching the game and Ekeler was running slant routes like Wes Welker. Yes, watching the game he reminded me of Welker when they moved him out wide.

Why can't both of these backs be used the right way? Put both of them on the field. It opens up so many options and mismatches. Both can be fantasy relevant in a big way. Ekeler is a mismatch for any safety, nickel corner or LB. Gordon is their workhorse.

Dude have u been paying atttention? Since MG has come back the offense has struggled to stay on pace...they try running the ball with him and thry dont get much..they try throwing the ball to him and he cant make a guy miss..part of it could be rust but part of it is he plodder lol all jokes aside he isn't effective and puts the offense in tougher spots...with ekeler they can dump it off to him and he will take it 10 yards..they can line him wide..they can even run the ball and not give it away as much because the offense expects pass...i thought gordon could be the tough yard back but with the line issues and his inability to make yards after contact he is no bueno...it can be a split but ekeler should dominate that split...he also earned it

Edited by Power-O
  • Like 3

Man this has turned out as perfect as I could have hoped for. One more stinker by MG, one more loss for the Chargers, and it's a wrap. If they can find a trade destination (Chicago), I suspect MG is gone. And if they can't, Jackson,is set to return and has played MUCH better. The 1st 4 weeks may be the best indication of where the season is headed.

Trust your instincts! If a player is producing top 5 #s at his position, it usually means something. The amount of experts ignoring the tea leaves is staggering. I mean this isn't over yet, but it almost is. 

4 hours ago, lla887 said:

A trade

Personally, I don't think it matters at this point. MG helps set up Ekeler as a plodder. He plods, the Chargers fall behind, and it's the Ekeler show for the rest of the game (vs. Denver, vs. Tennessee). The only annoying part is the GL, but that'll change if MG continues this level of play. And really what indication is there that MG will find the inner Barry Sanders he's never had. Unsurprisingly, Lynn came out with a quote very displeased with the 6 inches MG couldn't get. 

Edited by MKO3090
7 hours ago, MKO3090 said:

Man this has turned out as perfect as I could have hoped for. One more stinker by MG, one more loss for the Chargers, and it's a wrap. If they can find a trade destination (Chicago), I suspect MG is gone. And if they can't, Jackson,is set to return and has played MUCH better. The 1st 4 weeks may be the best indication of where the season is headed.

Trust your instincts! If a player is producing top 5 #s at his position, it usually means something. The amount of experts ignoring the tea leaves is staggering. I mean this isn't over yet, but it almost is. 

Image result for wait what gif

8 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Image result for wait what gif

I'm not a MG hater. I think if you put a good team around him, he may (has) produce(d) at an elite level. He just can't make something out of nothing. He's never been able to. Last I heard the Bears have a good OL and could use a good RB to take pressure off Trubisky's shoulders. If you believe MG can work himself back into last year's shape, it could be a win-win trade.

This trade works only if LA loses next week, effectively ending their season at 2-6. In effect, CHI would be 4-3 and deep in the playoffs hunt. 

Edited by MKO3090
1 minute ago, MKO3090 said:

I'm not a MG hater. I think if you put a good team around him, he may (has) produce(d) at an elite level. He just can't make something out of nothing. He's never been able to. Last I heard the Bears have a good OL and could use a good RB to take pressure off Trubisky's shoulders. If you believe MG can work himself back into last year's shape, it could be a win-win trade.

This trade works only if LA loses next week, effectively ending their season at 2-6. In effect, CHI would be 4-3 and deep in the playoffs hunt. 

replace Chicago with Detroit and i rubber stamp all the above ... 

MGIII OWNERS DO NOT NEED F'N NAGY!

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, kretan182 said:

Sat this cat this week, and it cost me my game for the most part. Never sitting him again, to hell with Gordon.

Samsies. I hate Gordon with a vicious passion. I think he's a fat, under performing slob. Yet, he's being treated like he's not.

Edited by hangin n wangin