Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all the non owners watching this thread rn:  

"Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  -Dr. Seuss Thanks for the amazing run, Austin.

Makes me feel old when you have to explain who Brian Westbrook was....

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I took Gordon with the 60th pick and Ekeler with the 80th. If you own one you have to own both.

 

Not really.  Just draft Ekeler and let someone else waste a roster spot with Gordon while he holds out the first half of the season.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I took Gordon with the 60th pick and Ekeler with the 80th. If you own one you have to own both.

 

I'd have to say if you own Ekeler  you have to own Jackson

both have standalone value as long as Gordon holds out

another benefit is you've got two RB's that isn't a bye week worry until week 12

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

 

I'd have to say if you own Ekeler  you have to own Jackson

both have standalone value as long as Gordon holds out

another benefit is you've got two RB's that isn't a bye week worry until week 12

It’s a good point. We kind of need to see how it plays out. Ekeler is a solid flex TB 2 IMO with Gordon our. I don’t know that Jackson is either one of those right now, but that could change if he balls out and takes touches from Ekeler. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, viciousphilpy said:

Ekeler is one of those guys who you can get late in leagues where there are non-sharp guys. Know your league, he should be a 4th rounder.

What? Why? That’s assuming that Gordon doesn’t play all year which is highly unlikely. I agree his ADP should be higher but 4th round? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

 

Not really.  Just draft Ekeler and let someone else waste a roster spot with Gordon while he holds out the first half of the season.

 

Then in the second half of the season when/if Gordon returns you are dead in the water. Just think of the upside (with risk of owning both). You basically have a solid RB2 no matter the Gordon situation as long as Ekeler plays well (which he has). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Then in the second half of the season when/if Gordon returns you are dead in the water. Just think of the upside (with risk of owning both). You basically have a solid RB2 no matter the Gordon situation as long as Ekeler plays well (which he has). 

 

think you can do the same thing with Ekeler/Jackson the first 10-11 weeks at very little cost

Edited by wendellrott
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Then in the second half of the season when/if Gordon returns you are dead in the water. Just think of the upside (with risk of owning both). You basically have a solid RB2 no matter the Gordon situation as long as Ekeler plays well (which he has). 

Most teams won't be exactly the same by that point. Trades and ww gems will emerge. Win each week one week at a time. Ekeler helps accomplish that goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Then in the second half of the season when/if Gordon returns you are dead in the water. Just think of the upside (with risk of owning both). You basically have a solid RB2 no matter the Gordon situation as long as Ekeler plays well (which he has). 

If Gordon comes back.... There's no guarantee he'd be either in a game shape or be loved by his teammates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wendellrott said:

 

think you can do the same thing with Ekeler/Jackson the first 10-11 weeks at very little cost

Yep, Ekeler in rd 6-7 turn... Jackson in rd 10-12 turn.... way cheaper than stashing Gordon

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, viciousphilpy said:

Idk how you draft, but starting RB for the Chargers for ten weeks is worthy of being a top 50 player in my book. Not to mention Ekeler is a talented player.

 

Have you seen Ekeler’s game logs for the four games Melvin sat last year? Nothing more than a flex play. Maybe that changes this year and he turns into a RB3 but I personally wouldn’t count on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Have you seen Ekeler’s game logs for the four games Melvin sat last year? Nothing more than a flex play. Maybe that changes this year and he turns into a RB3 but I personally wouldn’t count on it. 

 

then it even makes more sense to roster Jackson along with Ekeler

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Have you seen Ekeler’s game logs for the four games Melvin sat last year? Nothing more than a flex play. Maybe that changes this year and he turns into a RB3 but I personally wouldn’t count on it. 

In the three games Gordon missed that Ekeler played in, Ekeler averaged 12.17 FP's per game in 1 point PPR. That would project out to 194.72 FP's in 16 games, good for the #20 RB.

Edited by Corleone
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

If Gordon comes back.... There's no guarantee he'd be either in a game shape or be loved by his teammates.

What? If Gordon comes back he's going to play lol simple as that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...