throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

James Conner of 2019 congrats on those that took him

Starts the year on fire, cools off and then gets injured when you need him the most for the playoffs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, WaiverLooter said:

Starts the year on fire, cools off and then gets injured when you need him the most for the playoffs?

this guy ^ paid attention last year ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

The ONLY reason Ekeler cooled off was Gordon coming back and ruining it all. Ekeler was on a tear, top 3 back in the league before Gordon came back. This has nothing to do with Ekeler and everything to do with Gordon and the stupidity of Lynn and the Chargers for sitting the better back.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Wouldn't doubt it for AE

Just now, Power-O said:

here come the MG owners lol

I don't own any stock of mg or ae

Wish I had AE though

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I don't own any stock of mg or ae

Wish I had AE though

why u bashing then? seriously if a back like mccafrey can do it this guy can

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

why u bashing then? seriously if a back like mccafrey can do it this guy can

if you don't like my player and you don't own them then why you bashing bro!! 

Image result for terrible take gif

I think we under estimate how HH getting healthy cut into AE touches as much as MG coming back hurt them. 

I still think you start him every week in PPR. 

Damn, saw the Ekeler and MGIII bunched together at the top of the board - with a "hot" symbol on AE's - and thought a deal was done. 

spacer.png

Edited by jujus-jujubees
  • Haha 2

I really believe any trade potential ended the moment the Chicago K missed the game winner. Just a sad moment. The Chargers season stays alive, meaning there's no reason to unload MGIII when they have shown him so much faith. They see Gordon as a valuable part of the offense, they see Ekeler as a valuable part of the offense, so they'll keep both for the longshot playoff push. 

The silver lining here is the fact Ekeler has remained valuable despite the lopsided timeshare. He's averaged 12.5 pts in half PPR. Not great. Certainly startable. For comparison's sake, Derrick Henry has averaged 10.5 pts in the same span. If the offense turns around, there's potential for more. Next week (GB) will be a good test. Should be a shootout. 

4 minutes ago, jujus-jujubees said:

Damn, saw the Ekeler and MGIII bunched together at the top of the board with a "hot" symbol on AE's, and thought a deal was done. 

spacer.png

I have AE and MG in multiple leagues. None of which do I own both. 

MG getting traded would be a dream come true, assuming he would have an O line on the team he went to. 

I just dont see it happening. 

Edited by Duckbutter
spelling

i almost feel like overpaying 25-50% of ekeler's current value in a trade.... rolling the dice hoping MG gets traded... if it happens i will have acquired a RB1 for pennies on the dollar... but i doubt any ekeler owner is willing to deal right now

Edited by boredster

1 hour ago, MKO3090 said:

I really believe any trade potential ended the moment the Chicago K missed the game winner. Just a sad moment. The Chargers season stays alive, meaning there's no reason to unload MGIII when they have shown him so much faith. They see Gordon as a valuable part of the offense, they see Ekeler as a valuable part of the offense, so they'll keep both for the longshot playoff push. 

The silver lining here is the fact Ekeler has remained valuable despite the lopsided timeshare. He's averaged 12.5 pts in half PPR. Not great. Certainly startable. For comparison's sake, Derrick Henry has averaged 10.5 pts in the same span. If the offense turns around, there's potential for more. Next week (GB) will be a good test. Should be a shootout. 

There's plenty of reason for the Chargers to unload Gordon. Most notably that the guy is not resigning with the Chargers this offseason. So you can trade him now and get something or do nothing and get nothing. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheDoctor said:

There's plenty of reason for the Chargers to unload Gordon. Most notably that the guy is not resigning with the Chargers this offseason. So you can trade him now and get something or do nothing and get nothing. 

a compensatory pick in the 3rd round is hardly nothing and probably better than anything any team is willing to offer at this point in the season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

a compensatory pick in the 3rd round is hardly nothing and probably better than anything any team is willing to offer at this point in the season.

yeah but it doesn help them now... chargers have a chance to still make noise but they need help

2 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Compensatory would only factor in if they don't do anything with the money and it wouldn't be until 2021. Still plenty of reasons to deal him than not. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Compensatory would only factor in if they don't do anything with the money and it wouldn't be until 2021. Still plenty of reasons to deal him than not. 

This is true. A 3rd round compensatory pick in 2021 is generally viewed as a 4th  round pick (5th at worst) in 2020. I just don't see any teams willing to offer that. 1 hr left to find out.

edit: whoops today is monday. 25 hrs to find out!

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WaiverLooter said:

This is true. A 3rd round compensatory pick in 2021 is generally viewed as a 4th  round pick (5th at worst) in 2020. I just don't see any teams willing to offer that. 1 hr left to find out.

Trade deadline is tomorrow at 4 PM EST.

Ekeler has averaged 12.5 pts a game in half ppr since Gordon is back.  It’s been a bit up and down, but I think people crying bust are mistaken. 

The guy was drafted in the 8th round for cryin’ out loud, and has returned very very good value. 
Other than the one stinker vs Pittsburgh, he’s been a reliable starter for lots of winning teams, even with Gordon and Henry back in the lineup. 
I don’t foresee this changing.

People can go chase Ty Johnson or Edmunds, and meanwhile, Ekeler owners will start him knowing he’s got a decent floor with elite upside every week. 

If you’re tearing him down, you probably have at least 2-3 players you drafted before him who have done far worse than him.

2 minutes ago, Power-O said:

this is painful...  i just want to know already

Chargers front office is bad. Don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

This is wrong because of comp picks