Rotoworld.com Forums

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, miasma16 said:

This is wrong because of comp picks

Apparently you didn't read further down the thread. 

The Chargers only get compensatory picks if they don't pick up compensatory monetary value in players coming in via FA. It also wouldn't hit until 2021. The point still stands. Not trading Gordon guarantees less value than dealing him. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all the non owners watching this thread rn:  

"Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  -Dr. Seuss Thanks for the amazing run, Austin.

Makes me feel old when you have to explain who Brian Westbrook was....

Posted Images

7 hours ago, altmin said:

The last 4 weeks eh? Hmmm, what’s changed the last 4 weeks with the Chargers? Oh yea, Gordon came back and they started forcing him the ball, demoting a top 3 back in the league and ruining the chemistry when Ekeler was rolling. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

The last 4 weeks eh? Hmmm, what’s changed the last 4 weeks with the Chargers? 

HMMMMM ..... maybe losing Pouncey? ya know, their pro bowl center, captain/anchor of the o-line?

HMMMMMM ... was injured during the Denver game, which directly correlates to the struggles of the past four weeks. 

HMMMMMMM .... losing that cat did 100x more damage to the running game than MGIII being "force fed".

HMMMMM .... an already suspect o-line was decimated by that loss, but you simply gloss it over by not even mentioning it?

tl;dr - LOSING POUNCEY, NOT THE RETURN OF MGIII -

HTH

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Power-O said:

Yup thats the problem i see here.. mgmt makes the call at the end of the day though

LA needs to relax the asking price- realize that Gordon has mostly been just above average as a player.   

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

LA needs to relax the asking price- realize that Gordon has mostly been just above average as a player.   

the jets traded leonard williams, their 1st round pick from 2 yrs ago for a 3rd and i believe a conditional pick that could be a 4th rounder....same type of situation as MG...rookie deal was done after this year and wanted to command big money but was average and more of a run stuffer....jets cut ties....yes they have no chance of making any noise this year but the jets knew they should get something for him now instead of letting him walk for nothing...think our chances are still good...fingers crossed

yup i dont think its happening...the fired OC was the death of any trade...Lynn has a thing for MG and he is basically putting his job on the line to prove that MG is a thing.... oh well...guna have to make some moves after 4....

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR???!?11!? 

NOOOOOOO!!!1!

WHERE'S THAT "TEAM EK" SPIRIT WE GREW TO LOVE??!?

also, as an MGIII owner, i want my guy as far away from Ek as possible ... kid's legit. 

T minus 40 minutes

• Like 2

Just don’t think teams want to trade a high draft pick for a rental of a RB. Teams give up high picks for nearly every position but RB. Still got a little less than an hour, but looks like Ekeler won’t be getting the starting job back anytime soon.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Just don’t think teams want to trade a high draft pick for a rental of a RB. Teams give up high picks for nearly every position but RB. Still got a little less than an hour, but looks like Ekeler won’t be getting the starting job back anytime soon.

I agree. I just don't know why it would require a high pick to land MG. He is not going to resign with the Chargers. 

Do the Chargers really think they have a better shot at a playoff run with Gordon? They have no shot,  no matter who is in the backfield! Might as well get what they can!

46 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

I agree. I just don't know why it would require a high pick to land MG. He is not going to resign with the Chargers. 

Do the Chargers really think they have a better shot at a playoff run with Gordon? They have no shot,  no matter who is in the backfield! Might as well get what they can!

My guess is if they let Gordon walk after the season the Chargers would get a third round compensation pick. So my guess is they would at least want that in return for him, if not more. How many teams are willing to give that up for a RB, probably not a lot.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR???!?11!? 

NOOOOOOO!!!1!

WHERE'S THAT "TEAM EK" SPIRIT WE GREW TO LOVE??!?

also, as an MGIII owner, i want my guy as far away from Ek as possible ... kid's legit. 

T minus 40 minutes

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

HMMMMM ..... maybe losing Pouncey? ya know, their pro bowl center, captain/anchor of the o-line?

HMMMMMM ... was injured during the Denver game, which directly correlates to the struggles of the past four weeks. 

HMMMMMMM .... losing that cat did 100x more damage to the running game than MGIII being "force fed".

HMMMMM .... an already suspect o-line was decimated by that loss, but you simply gloss it over by not even mentioning it?

tl;dr - LOSING POUNCEY, NOT THE RETURN OF MGIII -

HTH

Are you actually watching the games or just looking at box scores? Gordon looks like complete garbage. Even when there are holes. Hes slow, indecisive, cant cut or make people miss. He looks the same he did last year after coming back from his MCL sprain, he looks like a shell of himself. That has ZERO to do with Pouncey. If you do believe that its Pouncey, thats even more reason to have Ekeler on the field more since he has pass catching abilities Gordon does not. 

• Like 1

so what do we do now? i am tempted to trade him away in  a package deal...i dont trust lynn...now that his fingerprints are on this offense what does that mean for ekeler? i think i want out while the value is ok for him...come sunday everyone will watch the game and if ekeler doesnt do much or MG has a good game are value is sunk..when i say not do much i mean doesnt get enough play time

Edited by Power-O