Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Power-O said:

so what do we do now? i am tempted to trade him away in  a package deal...i dont trust lynn...now that his fingerprints are on this offense what does that mean for ekeler? i think i want out while the value is ok for him...come sunday everyone will watch the game and if ekeler doesnt do much or MG has a good game are value is sunk..when i say not do much i mean doesnt get enough play time

I don’t think they are super high on MG it’s just that they probably wanted at least a third round pick and nobody wanted to pay that price for him. So they would rather keep him at this point and get that compensatory pick after the season ends. I doubt running MG into his own linemen is the answer for winning on that team.

Edited by StevenSC400
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all the non owners watching this thread rn:  

"Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  -Dr. Seuss Thanks for the amazing run, Austin.

Makes me feel old when you have to explain who Brian Westbrook was....

Posted Images

It's not all bad news. If you own both, you just put Gord in and hope he gets his 💩 together and you flex Ekeler. I only see Ekeler as a flex though. I think we are just stuck with these guys. Nobody is going to give you much of anything for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

It's not all bad news. If you own both, you just put Gord in and hope he gets his 💩 together and you flex Ekeler. I only see Ekeler as a flex though. I think we are just stuck with these guys. Nobody is going to give you much of anything for them.

 

well if you put ekeler with waller or whoever you might be able to get something solid...you may even be overpaying

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

It's not all bad news. If you own both, you just put Gord in and hope he gets his 💩 together and you flex Ekeler. I only see Ekeler as a flex though. I think we are just stuck with these guys. Nobody is going to give you much of anything for them.

How are you guys still playing Gordon? So your telling me some people are still seeing Gordon as a better play than ekeler right now? Wow. You going for strike 5 this week?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

How are you guys still playing Gordon? So your telling me some people are still seeing Gordon as a better play than ekeler right now? Wow. You going for strike 5 this week?

I mean he's getting the carries and goal work. Plus I have DJ/Edmonds. How's that working out for me? Pretty much have to play who you have. If they have a pulse they start for me at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FitzMagic said:

I mean he's getting the carries and goal work. Plus I have DJ/Edmonds. How's that working out for me? Pretty much have to play who you have. If they have a pulse they start for me at this point.

I mean if you HAVE to start him I get it but the way you pitched it made it sound like your still valuing him higher than ekeler at this point. I just don’t see how that makes sense. The passing work on the chargers that ekeler is getting is a much better path to points than hoping for a goal line TD from Gordon. He didn’t even get that TD last week. His line pushed him into the end zone lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

How are you guys still playing Gordon? So your telling me some people are still seeing Gordon as a better play than ekeler right now? Wow. You going for strike 5 this week?

 

Your'e acting like Gordon is some sort of bum . Ofcourse folks are starting Melvin ... recency bias like crazy over here. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I mean if you HAVE to start him I get it but the way you pitched it made it sound like your still valuing him higher than ekeler at this point. I just don’t see how that makes sense. The passing work on the chargers that ekeler is getting is a much better path to points than hoping for a goal line TD from Gordon. He didn’t even get that TD last week. His line pushed him into the end zone lol.

The point is Ekeler is a flex now. The numbers show it. So obviously if he is a RB2 consideration there are major problems, no? I'm assuming people selected Gordon first then Ekeler much later, at least that's what I did. Am I going to start Gordon over Ekeler, no. But can I leave Gordon on my bench? No. I mean I could, but you are talking about a guy who was 1/2 round grade just last season and performed as such until he got injured. The only way to save my season is for him to step up now. I mean I will start him and the ship will either stay afloat or sink. I really don't think people expected this sh*storm to happen. But not many have options at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

 

Your'e acting like Gordon is some sort of bum . Ofcourse folks are starting Melvin ... recency bias like crazy over here. 

Your team must be in shambles if your still starting Gordon at this point. He wouldn’t be anywhere near my starting line up. And the other point I was trying to make was it makes even less sense to value him higher than ekeler. But hey not my team. Good luck if that’s who your rolling with. Your gonna need it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

The point is Ekeler is a flex now. The numbers show it. So obviously if he is a RB2 consideration there are major problems, no? I'm assuming people selected Gordon first then Ekeler much later, at least that's what I did. Am I going to start Gordon over Ekeler, no. But can I leave Gordon on my bench? No. I mean I could, but you are talking about a guy who was 1/2 round grade just last season and performed as such until he got injured. The only way to save my season is for him to step up now. I mean I will start him and the ship will either stay afloat or sink. I really don't think people expected this sh*storm to happen. But not many have options at this point.

My numbers are showing ekeler is still ranked RB4 and that’s in standard scoring and that’s with Gordon playing past four weeks. In half or full PPR his value is even higher. I could absolutely leave Gordon on my bench and not think twice about it. You guys are living in the past. Now if I didn’t have a choice due to lack of players at the RB position that’s a different story. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean nothing has changed. He's been an volatile RB2 in half PPR, more in full PPR, and less in standard. He'll probably stay in this range unless something changes. From a reasonable standpoint, if you like him, you think he'll get more consistent. Personally, I like him and I don't see anything in MGIII to change my mind. The schedule eases up for the rest of the season, with more shootout opportunities which favor Ekeler. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, West St. Maniacs said:

Let's not forget Gordon fumbled the ball on the 1 yard line to lose it last week. Ekeler will get his goal line chances this game 

 

Let's not forget Ekeler also fumbled on the goalline to lose a game and is currently averaging 1.5 yards per carry.

 

They're both going to get more work this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:49 PM, StevenSC400 said:

Your team must be in shambles if your still starting Gordon at this point.

 

That's bold.  

 

I own both and watching the game against Chicago was painful, they were both bad but Gordon is going to get more opportunities so Gordon > Ekeler for now. 

 

Interested to see what a new OC wrinkle will bring.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they both have good weeks. GB is not a good run stopping team and this game should be relatively higher scoring. I'll take Gordon in std/half and Ekeler in PPR but I bet double digits for both in all formats!

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

 

That's bold.  

 

I own both and watching the game against Chicago was painful, they were both bad but Gordon is going to get more opportunities so Gordon > Ekeler for now. 

 

Interested to see what a new OC wrinkle will bring.

You guys are dreamers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Gordon hasn’t broken 10 points yet in standard scoring in 4 weeks. Whose the delusional one here?

 

Like I said, I own both so I have no bias.  Gordon has 44 rushing attempts vs. Ekelers 18...  that's not dreaming or delusional that's a fact and one of the reasons I'm leaning more towards Gordon for the season, opportunity trumps all. 

The two games Ekeler had decent numbers in the Chargers were trailing and throwing, that's a great possibility for this week and I think both can have good games. but it sure seems like Gordon is going to be more consistent and Ekelers going to be matchup dependent. 

The new play caller may switch things up but nothing has indicated that Ekeler is supplanting Gordon to this point.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

 

Like I said, I own both so I have no bias.  Gordon has 44 rushing attempts vs. Ekelers 18...  that's not dreaming or delusional that's a fact and one of the reasons I'm leaning more towards Gordon for the season, opportunity trumps all. 

The two games Ekeler had decent numbers in the Chargers were trailing and throwing, that's a great possibility for this week and I think both can have good games. but it sure seems like Gordon is going to be more consistent and Ekelers going to be matchup dependent. 

The new play caller may switch things up but nothing has indicated that Ekeler is supplanting Gordon to this point.

That’s great. 44 rushing attempts for 112 yards roughly 2.5 ypc. I’ll take ekeler catching passes out of the slot all day long vs those attempts. But hey it’s your team. Good luck.

Edited by StevenSC400
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

That’s great. 44 rushing attempts for 112 yards roughly 2.5 ypc. I’ll take ekeler catching passes out of the slot all day long vs those attempts. But hey it’s your team. Good luck.

 

VS Ekelers 1.7ypc against the same opponents.  Yes, it is my team and that team is 8-0 so keep your luck, sounds like you need it!

 

I hope Ekeler can keep catching passes but its going to be a lot less predictable than the opportunity Gordon is going to get moving forward imo.  New OC could change my tune on that but we will wait and see.  

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 3:49 PM, StevenSC400 said:

Your team must be in shambles if your still starting Gordon at this point. He wouldn’t be anywhere near my starting line up. And the other point I was trying to make was it makes even less sense to value him higher than ekeler. But hey not my team. Good luck if that’s who your rolling with. Your gonna need it.

 

On 10/29/2019 at 3:53 PM, Whitecloud0101 said:


sure.

but we also like to win.

 

What had happened was ... GL to you boys your gonna need it . Eclair is slowly but surely getting his touches eaten by Melvin Gordon !

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...