throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

12 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Wow bro welcome to the chat. At the time ekeler outplayed Gordon. Ekeler has outplayed Gordon every single game except last night from a stats YPC perspective more receptions etc. So what are you trying to point out? That Gordon finally had a great game against the raiders. Let’s see if it continues. 

Hey thanks man appreciate the welcome.  Sure at the time Ekeler out played Gordon.  Hasn't really looked like that in a few weeks but you never know.  Keep the hope alive bud! As for me, I only have Ekeler as the Gordon handcuff and Flex if really needed.

Everything happening is pretty much par for the course. You drafted him knowing Gordon would eventually come back and most likely reclaim his bellcow status. What you didn't know is that he'd be a complete fantasy monster the first few weeks of the season. At his ADP, he still paid dividends this season, people just gotta temper their expectations now. Now he's more in the FLEX territory, and still a good bye week replacement RB. No one is stupid for owning him, he was worth the pick. But if you drafted him as a season long RB1-2, that's kinda your mistake. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Hey thanks man appreciate the welcome.  Sure at the time Ekeler out played Gordon.  Hasn't really looked like that in a few weeks but you never know.  Keep the hope alive bud! As for me, I only have Ekeler as the Gordon handcuff and Flex if really needed.

A few weeks? What stats are you looking at? Last night was his first legitimate game he outplayed ekeler. Last Sunday he had more fantasy points but he wasn’t as productive as ekeler and before that he was a plodder.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Last Sunday he had more fantasy points but he wasn’t as productive as ekeler

Gordon last week rushing 20/80/2, passing 3/29/0

Ekeler last week rushing 12/70/0, passing 4/23/0

Every week Gordon takes more and more snaps and attempts than Ekeler.  Ekeler also got snubbed on the goal line 3 times in a row then Gordon finished it for him.  Like I said Ekeler is still good, has been GREAT so far this season.  But now that Gordon is back he's going to go back to his role as the pass catching and change of pace back.

Started both last night and I was very pleased with the total production. If not for Rivers being a total bust last night, these two would have probably amassed more points.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Every week Gordon takes more and more snaps and attempts than Ekeler.  Ekeler also got snubbed on the goal line 3 times in a row then Gordon finished it for him.  Like I said Ekeler is still good, has been GREAT so far this season.  But now that Gordon is back he's going to go back to his role as the pass catching and change of pace back.

What you trying to prove? That ekeler had a better YPC average? That he got 70 rushing yards on only 12 touches compared to Gordon’s 80 yards on 20 touches? I already knew that. That’s why I said gordon wasn’t as productive last Sunday. Again last night was Gordon’s first game he outproduced ekeler from a YPC, total yards and efficiency standpoint. I don’t know how many different ways I can say it.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

What you trying to prove? That ekeler had a better YPC average? That he got 70 rushing yards on only 12 touches compared to Gordon’s 80 yards on 20 touches? I already knew that. That’s why I said gordon wasn’t as productive last Sunday. Again last night was Gordon’s first game he outproduced ekeler from a YPC, total yards and efficiency standpoint. I don’t know how many different ways I can say it.

Austin, it's not that serious. You had a good season to this point but you're taking a back seat to Melvin again like last year. 

6 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You can say it 1000 different ways it doesn't make Ekeler the better running back.  I respect your belief in your guy though. Good luck next Sunday bud.

Its time for the hecklers to take a seat. MG3 is back and that was clear for everyone to see last night. The O line was trash, but Gordon STILL beasted through tackles behind the line of scrim against a Raiders defense that has been great against the run. People forget Gordon can pass catch as well as shown with that 25 yard catch and run. Anything Ekeler can do, Gordon can do better. Ekeler is good, but Chargers probably win last night if Gordon was in on that final drive.. or hell even used more in 2nd half. MG3 a STUD and should keep producing RB1 ROS. Don't forget he's still playing for a contract!

Edited by Nappyroots
  • Haha 1

Ekeler was MVP for the first 5 weeks. Still a worthy flex play/top end handcuff at this point. Worth it in the 7th-8th round.

3 minutes ago, abachar said:

Are we forgetting that MGIII is inevitably going to get injured like he does every year?

Hey while you're reading the future can you tell me what the Lotto numbers are?

1 hour ago, fullonchubb said:

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

A few weeks? What stats are you looking at? Last night was his first legitimate game he outplayed ekeler. Last Sunday he had more fantasy points but he wasn’t as productive as ekeler and before that he was a plodder.

So, "chubb", what you're saying is that the poster you're arguing with was 100% correct?

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

So, "chubb", what you're saying is that the poster you're arguing with was 100% correct?

Looks even to me.  More efficient in passing(what ekeler is supposedly much more superior than Gordon in), more yards in rushing but more touches as well. So Ekeler was a little more efficient running. Oh yeah Gordon had 2 touchdowns too. I mean all things point to Gordon being the better running back.  Same with the eye test, Gordon looked better than Ekeler last night by quite a bit.  You can argue and quote all the stats at me that you want, Gordon has looked better the last few weeks and Ekeler is taking the back seat.  Sorry bout it.

18 minutes ago, abachar said:

Are we forgetting that MGIII is inevitably going to get injured like he does every year?

He missed a lot of the season. That probably can be considered his injury time for the year. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, abachar said:

wow. 

way to keep it classy 👉👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

wow. 

way to keep it classy 👉👌

Did I in any way root for him to get hurt?  No.. Next.

• Haha 1

I chuckle at all of this back and forth between Gordon and Ekeler owners.

As an owner of both, this is what I see...

Melvin Gordon is coming into his own. He should be the lead dog the rest of the way and should be an RB1 for fantasy owners.

Ekeler will still be involved. Ekeler owners need to come to the realization that what we saw in the first few weeks was great, but that production just wont be there anymore. However, I like what I see from the coaching staff. For example...

Using both Ekeler and Gordon on the field at the same time is a great idea. Hopefully, we see more of that. However, I didn't like both backs lining up as WR's at the same time with the Chargers going with an empty in the backfield. They did it a few times and it really made no sense. The more snaps Ekeler can get at WR the more he will be relevant as an every week flex. He runs good routes and I don't understand why the Chargers went away from him in the passing game.

That's it.

LMAO. I'm not sure what this Gordon versus Ekeler battle is.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

wow. 

way to keep it classy 👉👌

What exactly was unclassy? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Started both last night and I was very pleased with the total production. If not for Rivers being a total bust last night, these two would have probably amassed more points.

Same 

Definitely gauging the Ekeler trade market this week. 

While I still think Ekeler will have his moments I think they will be harder to predict. His ceiling can still be high (such as next week in a high scoring affair with KC), but his weekly floor is 3 rushes for 9 yards, and three catches for 13 yards -- < 5 PPR points. Just too many mouths to feed. And, the LAC may just start to swirl down the toilet as a whole.

Hoping Ekeler's early season production, his recent TDs which saved his performance, and his overall brand name could help me secure more consistency on a week to week basis.

6 minutes ago, Jean_Elway said:

What is his keeper league value? Will he be the guy next year?

Should be very high. I wouldn't expect Gordon back with the Chargers next season.

• Like 1