throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, Jean_Elway said:

What is his keeper league value? Will he be the guy next year?

No. The Chargers don’t think he’s an every down back clearly. That’s why Jackson was so heavily involved when Gordon was out. If Gordon walks, I’m sure they will bring in another back for early down work and hopefully not someone like Howard, Hyde, Miller or someone like that, but it most likely will be. Ekeler will remain the COP back and working in passing situations. 

Edited by Dexter75

I would hold Ekeler in Keeper/Dynasty. It's not much of a secret that Gordon's future is in question, and Ekeler has been an asset clearly.

If you own Ekeler in such leagues you owe it to yourself to see how things play out imo.

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

No. The Chargers don’t think he’s an every down back clearly. That’s why Jackson was so heavily involved when Gordon was out. If Gordon walks, I’m sure they will bring in another back for early down work and hopefully not someone like Howard, Hyde, Miller or someone like that, but it most likely will be. Ekeler will remain the COP back and working in passing situations. 

lol. Jackson was not heavily involved. And of course they will bring in other backs. It will still be Ekeler's backfield he can put up RB1 numbers in if Gordon isn't back next season.

• Like 1

Is this a week to play both Ekeler and Melvin? KC's run defense is horrible + they score a lot of points = should be good game on the ground for melvin and lots of targets for ekeler to keep up with chiefs scoring?

7 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Is this a week to play both Ekeler and Melvin? KC's run defense is horrible + they score a lot of points = should be good game on the ground for melvin and lots of targets for ekeler to keep up with chiefs scoring?

Should be. MG3 is a must start RB1/2 and ekeler is a RB2 in PPR/Half and high end 3 in std.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2019 at 11:42 PM, devaster said:

lol. Jackson was not heavily involved. And of course they will bring in other backs. It will still be Ekeler's backfield he can put up RB1 numbers in if Gordon isn't back next season.

Or they're just going to draft a Melvin replacement.

He's a free agent next year. I predict he will go to San Fran. Doesn't he scream Kyle Shan more then McKinnon even does.. The way he makes plays as a dual threat he is going to get paid... He's a dynasty ppr RB 2 min

Edited by chance182

13 minutes ago, chance182 said:

He's a free agent next year. I predict he will go to San Fran. Doesn't he scream Kyle Shan more then McKinnon even does.. The way he makes plays as a dual threat he is going to get paid... He's a dynasty ppr RB 2 min

BA would kill to have this kid in Tampa Bay 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, chance182 said:

I would think he would want to go somewhere where he'd have more of a featured role, not alternating series with 4 different RBs

6 minutes ago, abachar said:

I would think he would want to go somewhere where he'd have more of a featured role, not alternating series with 4 different RBs

Breida would be gone as a free agent and Jerrick will surely be released...it would be Ekeler and T Coleman with Hurd sprinkled in

Edited by chance182

40 minutes ago, abachar said:

The problem is he's not very good as a featured back because he cant run inside the tackles effectively at all and his YPC is usually pretty bad. Unless he were to go to a team like the Chiefs (perfect fit for his style), who find creative ways to get their backs into space, I doubt any team would be lining up to sign Ekeler as a featured back. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

The problem is he's not very good as a featured back because he cant run inside the tackles effectively at all and his YPC is usually pretty bad. Unless he were to go to a team like the Chiefs (perfect fit for his style), who find creative ways to get their backs into space, I doubt any team would be lining up to sign Ekeler as a featured back. 

He's fine between the tackles.  It's his tackles that suck balls.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kdko said:

He's fine between the tackles.  It's his tackles that suck balls.

He's really not. Thats how you end up with rushing stats like 3 for 7, 5 for 14, 5 for 7 and 3 for 3. Even this last game, Ekeler went 6 for 19 (3.1 YPC) while Gordon went 22 for 108 (4.9 YPC) behind that same line. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

He's really not. Thats how you end up with rushing stats like 3 for 7, 5 for 14, 5 for 7 and 3 for 3. Even this last game, Ekeler went 6 for 19 (3.1 YPC) while Gordon went 22 for 108 (4.9 YPC) behind that same line. 

You can find any back in the league with stat lines like that.  It's the volume 

31 minutes ago, abachar said:

You can find any back in the league with stat lines like that.  It's the volume 

Even when he gets the volume, its still not that good. 17 for 66 (3.8 YPC) against Detroit and 18 for 60 (3.3 YPC) against a terrible Miami defense...

Edited by Dexter75

13 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Even when he gets the volume, its still not that good. 17 for 66 (3.8 YPC) against Detroit and 18 for 60 (3.3 YPC) against a terrible Miami defense...

But entering free agency I guarantee you he will end up in a great offense for his skill set.

So in a PPR league all he would need to be an RB2 would be 8-12 carriers a game. In a great offense he is going to get 6 - 10 pass targets a game like Kamara. Name a receiving back better then Ekeler...

PPR dynasty RB2 min as I said

Edited by chance182

Good chance for a ceiling game this week. 

Mahommes back. KC scores and they do so quickly. Even if LAC try and run the ball they'll most likely play catchup and this game is a high scorer.

KC also terrible at covering receiving backs.

And if ceiling is hit, I'm selling high.

2 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

I thought you were saying Gordon sucks between the tackles.  My b

• Thanks 1

Projection: 12 pts (0.5 PPR)

Research: The Chargers are coming off of a disappointing loss to the Raiders in Week 10 and will be playing the Chiefs this week in Mexico City. Last week, Austin Ekeler was out touched by Melvin Gordon 23-8 and salvaged an otherwise unproductive performance with a touchdown. Without the touchdown, Ekeler would have had 19 rushing yards and two (2) receptions on two (2) targets for 29 yards for a total of 5.8 fantasy points (0.5 PPR style). However, the game is being held at the colosseum in Mexico City, which is around 7200 feet above sea level. Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn has brought his team to Colorado (approximately 5400 feet above sea level) for the week to practice, so that they can better condition themselves. During the weekly press conference, Anthony Lynn was asked about the difference higher altitude has on players. He responded with “as a former player I know that it is harder to prepare for and play in”. Luckily, Ekeler is a Colorado native and is used to playing football in higher altitudes and may actually benefit from the higher altitude. With Melvin Gordon needing more breaks, Ekeler could see more snaps on offense. Expect Ekeler to be in the RB2 range.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This guy is not going away... and with good reason ! What a stud despite the reduced role  since  Flashless Gordon's return. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, daveLux said:

This guy is not going away... and with good reason ! What a stud despite the reduced role  since  Flashless Gordon's return. 

Yea, he did this last year too. Ekeler has been so good this year, he's still RB3 in PPR despite being the backup the past 6 weeks. He is only behind CMC and Cook and he's seeing half of their touches. I will continue to start him alongside Gordon. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

does Tyrod like dumping it off to the RBs?

thanks, i'll hang up and listen 

☎️

Tyrod Taylor isn't doing anything besides keeping the bench warm lol. Only reason Giants benched Eli is because they want to see what they have in their shiny new draft pick Jones. We know what Tyrod Taylor is, a garbage backup. He certainly isn't going to lead you to the playoffs lol. Zero point in starting Tyrod. 

1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

Tyrod Taylor isn't doing anything besides keeping the bench warm lol. Only reason Giants benched Eli is because they want to see what they have in their shiny new draft pick Jones. We know what Tyrod Taylor is, a garbage backup. He certainly isn't going to lead you to the playoffs lol. Zero point in starting Tyrod. 

aaaaaaaaaand WHOOOOOSH!