throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Put him in KC and he goes first round

actually, Gordon would be a great fit in KC. Ekeler isn’t very effective carrying the ball. Most coaches see him as a complimentary piece next too a more traditional RB, same way Chicago uses Cohen. 

13 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Cam Newton passes to his RB far more than average
Drew Brees passes to his RB far more than average

Eli Manning passes to his RB far more than average

Big Ben passes to his RB far more than average

Pretty much any QB with who has a RB with over 100 receptions in a year throws to their RB a lot. Whoever is playing QB for the Chargers can throw to Ekeler a lot too, it’s part of a scheme. 

Really?  Cause Rivers has had several different OC's.  It's his playstyle and the way he reads.

Just now, Flynfiesta6 said:

Debating sitting him this week, although the Vikings run D has not looked as good as of late... 

... then MGIII is the one to sit - Ekeler is matchup proof atm - unconscious, even. 

he can give ya 10-100-1 receiving, in what will most likely be a shootout. 

as an MGIII owner it pains me, but ... Ek is the play this week 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... then MGIII is the one to sit - Ekeler is matchup proof atm - unconscious, even. 

I have both and don't want to put all my eggs in one basket... I think both can have 10 pt floors but Gordon will get the goal line work.  

I don't think Ekeler is an auto start but we've seen what his ceiling is and it's massive. His floor is also super stable. I've debated sitting him if Washington was to start for Oakland but I can't do it. He'll be in there for me.

30 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Even in Standard?

Just now, lla887 said:

Even in Standard?

yds is yds, even in std. 

this profiles as a heavy Ek affair.  wish i had him. 

• Thanks 1

The #3 RB in fantasy and people are thinking about sitting him?  LOL

He's been touted as an "RB2" for the last 2 months and has still beasted.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

I have both and don't want to put all my eggs in one basket... I think both can have 10 pt floors but Gordon will get the goal line work.  

I have both too and have played both since Gordon came back. I won my playoff game last week and Im a game away from the championship game. Im not changing a thing. Goal line work doesn't mean much. Ekeler just took one 84 yards to the house last week and we have seen him score from outside the 10 or even the 20 multiple times. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jpark211 said:

Im starting him over Aaron Jones this week

Start both lol 

• Like 1

I own both and have been starting both since Gordon returned. Other than the first couple weeks that has worked out.

Ekeler (if one must choose) is the superior play in this matchup v MIN, who is much more stout up the middle than the perimeter. 

Gordon is a worthy RB2 as well though, as the Bolts have shown they will throw to him if he's in the game. 

Both RBs bring at least adequate returns in this matchup. Slight edge to Ekeler imo.

• Thanks 1

What is going on here are people really talking about benching the #3 PPR RB? After that explosion last week? 

Wild

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

Start both lol 

Thats what Im doing. Unless you have CMC, you are nuts not to start Jones. 

10 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

What is going on here are people really talking about benching the #3 PPR RB? After that explosion last week? 

Wild

I am.  It all depends on your options.  I’m stacked at RB in a standard league.  Have Chubb, Jones, Gordon, and Ekeler.  Keep going back and forth on who gets that flex spot.  

Ek is a no brainer on some rosters.  But for some it’s a tough call.  

just ran across a stat blurb that confirmed Ek as the most efficient RB in the leeg ... his 1.36 points per touch is highest in the gig. 

the o/u for this game is 45, Vikes games have gone OVER in 6 of the last 8, Chargers games have gone OVER in 3 of the last 4. 

perfect weather, Thielen back for the Vikes ... this game is gonna easily eclipse that 45 number. 

Ek gon' gobble. 

• Like 2

How are the rest of the Ekelermaniacs feeling this week?  Got him rolling as RB2 in the ship 0.5PPR, let's do this.

Edited by esoomer

2 hours ago, esoomer said:

How are the rest of the Ekelermaniacs feeling this week?  Got him rolling as RB2 in the ship 0.5PPR, let's do this.

Going to stumble into the championship game the same way I stumbled into the playoffs..  flexing Ekeler and getting angry every time Gordon gets a 1 yd TD.

Not even worth a 2nd thought. Per usual I'd bench Gordon before I'd bench Ekeler as an owner of both. 

Playing both this week of course.

I haven’t started this cat since week 5 but now it’s him or Washington and I’m leaning towards the LA side of Oakland lasvegas San Diego losangeles 

3 hours ago, Michael Bluth said:

I haven’t started this cat since week 5 but now it’s him or Washington and I’m leaning towards the LA side of Oakland lasvegas San Diego losangeles 

since week 5 ? bruh wat ? 😕

• Like 1

12 hours ago, esoomer said:

Still the #3 RB overall and about to pass Dalvin Cook this week for #2 RB overall.  People are seriously considering benching him against Oakland?

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 10:17 PM, Dexter75 said:

actually, Gordon would be a great fit in KC. Ekeler isn’t very effective carrying the ball. Most coaches see him as a complimentary piece next too a more traditional RB, same way Chicago uses Cohen. 

They said that about CMAC 2 years ago (despite my objections).  Ekeler has shown he can do it all.

9 hours ago, Michael Bluth said:

lol